ADVERTISEMENT

Frost and Nebraska Approaching Deal?

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007

Not sure about the source. Per his biography, “Lars Anderson is a 20-year veteran of Sports Illustrated and the author of six books, including The Storm and the Tide, which was published in August. He's currently an instructor of journalism at the University of Alabama.”

Like PennyHusker, I want this to be true, so it must be true.

For whatever reason, this particular tweet seems to be getting more widespread support by the media. I have no idea though if this tweeter is any more credible than all the others. Also the talk of Frost being considered by Florida and Tennessee has died down considerably in the last few days. Seems as if Frost's agent put Florida on hold and Tennessee was never really a player.

Maybe the reports indicating Nebraska was Frost's dream job actually were true. Maybe the big money didn't hurt the cause either. IF he does come, I suspect there will also be a good sized provision to pay the assistants. That seems to have been an important point to Frost at UCF.

Reactions: HuskerWisdom
I believe Lars Anderson is originally from Lincoln.

FWIW, a prior tweet from the same guy:

The question is who are the many who will be pissed? They would have to be UCF fans. Still has to be speculation. I can't imagine Frost's agent spilling the beans and I can't imagine who would give that info to a guy from Bama. I know there's loose lips and ears everywhere but this is kind of a different deal unless Anderson has a tie to a Moos, Green or a regent. I can't imagine any of the support staff having any access to that info but who knows.

Reactions: headcard
For whatever reason, this particular tweet seems to be getting more widespread support by the media. I have no idea though if this tweeter is any more credible than all the others. Also the talk of Frost being considered by Florida and Tennessee has died down considerably in the last few days. Seems as if Frost's agent put Florida on hold and Tennessee was never really a player.

Maybe the reports indicating Nebraska was Frost's dream job actually were true. Maybe the big money didn't hurt the cause either. IF he does come, I suspect there will also be a good sized provision to pay the assistants. That seems to have been an important point to Frost at UCF.
Moos put more money on the table if this is true. Frost was NEVER interested in any school except Nebraska. Next year he will be coaching in Lincoln or Orlando.

Reactions: Shermski77
Wow, he's reporting what I said five days ago.

vbiAEAE.jpg

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Lars is a good dude, I don't see him putting this out unless (1) a very good source shared the info and (2) he was given permission to take it to social media.

IMO, it's a mistake to tweet what he did at this time.

And we shouldn’t either.
Meh. Just another writer wanting to be first instead of being sure he's right. I doubt Frost or his team are too worried about it. Other sportswriters have tweeted similar things days ago.

And we shouldn’t either.

Scott Frost, pen in hand and ready to sign a contract with Nebraska, suddenly notices his Twitter feed about this and calls it all off. He subsequently signs instead with a program with a more disinterested following. Damn you, Lars Anderson! ;)

In all seriousness, I’m expecting Riley and company to be fired after the Iowa game and Frost to get announced shortly thereafter.

Especially frost. It was bound to happen sooner than later. Someone is bound to tell someone they shouldn't have and the flood gates are opened
Nothing's official until the the press conference is held so until then people can tweet whatever they want and it's speculation. I'll believe it when I see Frost standing at a podium with a big red N on his hat....ok it can be a white N too....or black. What the hell pink works for me.

Nothing's official until the the press conference is held so until then people can tweet whatever they want and it's speculation. I'll believe it when I see Frost standing at a podium with a big red N on his hat....ok it can be a white N too....or black. What the hell pink works for me.
The hat better have Herbie on the front and he should be wearing a t-shirt that says 1997 National Champions.RollingLaugh

Then everybody will cry "THOSE AREN'T SCHOOL COLORS!!!"

Frost is now calling an emergency team meeting late night with a Noon kickoff

This will backfire for u guys
I doubt we leaked anything considering we have not fired our current head coach. Go to the Florida board and you will learn that Chip Kelly was hired three days ago and his press conference was 11:00 on Thursday. With any coaching speculation this happens all the time. I think Frost can handle the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT