ADVERTISEMENT

Frazier

lol, nah, Tommie is not a coaching guy. He can do it, but he can't teach it. It's sort of the opposite of the other saying.. the best teachers are those that can't really do it.

Not true in coaching football at an elite level. Very few high profile coaches with major success didn't play the sport. This is a profession where you play it and then a select few go on to become coaches and even fewer make it big in the coaching profession.

Not true in coaching football at an elite level. Very few high profile coaches with major success didn't play the sport. This is a profession where you play it and then a select few go on to become coaches and even fewer make it big in the coaching profession.
how many elite players become elite coaches?

I didn't say anything about average players becoming great coaches.. that happens all the time.

For the record I will continue posting until Nebraska makes a bowl game and beyond...sorry if that disappoints anyone. Winking
giphy.gif

:D

lol, nah, Tommie is not a coaching guy. He can do it, but he can't teach it. It's sort of the opposite of the other saying.. the best teachers are those that can't really do it.

But what if we add Peter, Wistrom, Weigert, Stai, Farley, the Browns, etc.??? Surely that will fix it!

Whether I agree with him or not, he has earned the right to say what he likes. There is a full spectrum of opinions on how Frost is doing from former players and just like the rest of us, very mixed at this point.

But what if we add Peter, Wistrom, Weigert, Stai, Farley, the Browns, etc.??? Surely that will fix it!

I saw where NWs RB from the 2000 Alamo Bowl has a son who now is a frosh RB for NW. Surely, we should be seeing some legacy kids from the ones you just named.

Whether I agree with him or not, he has earned the right to say what he likes. There is a full spectrum of opinions on how Frost is doing from former players and just like the rest of us, very mixed at this point.
Tommie is like a bunch of posters on this board. You don't hear a word from them when things are sailing along. There's a reason why his only college coaching jobs were with Baylor before they were respectable and then at Doane. He was out of football for 3 years when he took the Doane job. Very talented option QB. Not a rocket scientist.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I saw where NWs RB from the 2000 Alamo Bowl has a son who now is a frosh RB for NW. Surely, we should be seeing some legacy kids from the ones you just named.
Man I hope we get Zatechka's kid. He's got great feet for a kid that size. He would look to be a great center prospect.

Our program needs to be growing though (like others). A university shouldn't have this one star athlete voicing an opinion when there should be more past star players joining him. Why won't Steve Taylor and Turner Gill join Tommie? They should.

In the meantime, why can't we get a Robert Griffin III or Lamar Jackson (former Louisville QB) or a Dwayne Haskins to come here and give NU life?

These are the items that frustrate me as a Husker fan! You have to figure out what is important!

A lot of you all are majoring on the minors bashing Nebraska's past football stars. Hunt for solutions instead.

Tommy was never given a fair chance at Doane College. He spent two years trimming the roster to get the type of players he wanted and was let go. He coached players hard with expectations but they quit on him.

Our program needs to be growing though (like others). A university shouldn't have this one star athlete voicing an opinion when their should be more past star players joining him. Why won't Steve Taylor and Turner Gill join Tommie? They should.

In the meantime, why can't we get a Robert Griffin III or Lamar Jackson (former Louisville QB) or a Dwayne Haskins to come here and give NU life?

These are the items that frustrate me as a Husker fan! You have to figure out what is important!

A lot of you all are majoring on the minors bashing Nebraska's past football stars. Hunt for solutions instead.
Maybe Steve Taylor and Turner Gill don’t see eye to eye with Tommie on this one?

Just a thought...

Reactions: Bugeater
Our program needs to be growing though (like others). A university shouldn't have this one star athlete voicing an opinion when there should be more past star players joining him. Why won't Steve Taylor and Turner Gill join Tommie? They should.

3 months ago we thought we had one.

Oh, I see.. you want to bait me into the "there is only one way to fix the program" type of thing..

I do think the old way would still work and it's easier to recruit to but that is not our problem right now.

It's not about scheme or players or even development.

There is a leadership problem, and most would agree with that.

On top of that, I do think Scott is carrying around a lot of excess baggage (some good, some bad) and this has had some kind of influence on things.

He either can't see the forest from within the trees, or there are other issues going on that are causing him to play call like he is being schemed relentlessly and not make generic changes when he should.

To me, there is a problem with Scott and maybe it is as simple as him trying too hard, he insulates himself from the fans and I don't know what it is yet.. I'll continue to think about it.. but there are things that are painfully obvious to the fans, that he can't seem to see or come to terms with.

It's almost like everything is mirroring his prior time here.. down to RB's and QB's banging the same girl (if you believe the rumors).

The main issue I have right now, is there is no legit way to get a read on what Scott really thinks. He's tricky like that, and that makes it difficult to know what is coach speak from what he actually thinks.

Do Frazier and frost have some kind of beef? I mean he is obviously saying that he feels HCSF can’t get it done... but I don’t see Frazier out there coaching either... don’t get me wrong Frazier is still probably my favorite husker of all time... but I don’t get him putting out the negative pub towards our coach right now... both are alumni both were great QBs for UNL, only one came back to try and coach us out of this hell hole....
He tried coaching once and it didn't go well.
Really?? I honestly didn’t even know that he had tried coaching... when and where did he coach at? I could probably go google it but I’m trying to knock out some choirs right now
Doane. It was an epic failure.
As poorly as Scott Frost's tenure has started at NU, Tommie Frazier has an even worse two seasons record-wise at Doane...
2005: 2-8, 9th in the GPAC (out of 11)
2006: 1-9, 11th in the GPAC (last)

Do Frazier and frost have some kind of beef? I mean he is obviously saying that he feels HCSF can’t get it done... but I don’t see Frazier out there coaching either... don’t get me wrong Frazier is still probably my favorite husker of all time... but I don’t get him putting out the negative pub towards our coach right now... both are alumni both were great QBs for UNL, only one came back to try and coach us out of this hell hole....
Tommie does NOT like Scott. Never has. Scott was not a popular guy when he was on the team.

Thanks Newbomb_Turk1. Thanks for telling Tommie's slant. I had never heard his side of the story. It would be hard to win at small campus the size of Doane College, Creighton, or Berry College.

Thanks.

Well you may have a point. I think Frost learned a few things this year about media relations.Winking Everything that comes out of the NU head coach's mouth gets amplified. He got much more measured in this past few weeks. He'll learn.

True. And watch a few people get angry about the coach speak. Ha!!!

Clemke32. That was 1996. Let it go. Lots of changes can occur in peoples' lives over twenty five plus years. Frazier and Frost both have families now.

Too much judgement on your part. "Let he that is without sin among you cast the first stone at her." (John 8:7)

1996 is a long ways back. A long ways ... a long long time ago.

Thanks Newbomb_Turk1. Thanks for telling Tommie's slant. I had never heard his side of the story. It would be hard to win at small campus the size of Doane College, Creighton, or Berry College.

Thanks.
Sorry but was being sarcastic.Tommy took a 100+ man roster and has it down to less than 40 at the end of his tenure. The longtime Doane president hired him going out the door as a favor to Tom.
Tommy was banned from every bar, restaurants in Crete for harrasing waitresses. Once the same claims came from the athletic department his days at Doane were quickly done. Great player but not a very good person or coach.

He only got 2 years at Doane? From what I read here, a coach needs at least 5 years to turn it around before we can judge him.
LOL. Doane was a dumpster fire with him there. They couldn't even line up right and he could barely field a team by the time they fired him. They were completely disorganized and the players ALL hated him.

Don’t be a dolt. So all the other former huskers supporting Frost are lying?

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone live on Scott or Adrian’s nutsack more than you.

Frost doesn't have the nutsack to bench a 20 year old for me to be living on. The little nutsack he has is crowded by the cult that says he can do no wrong. In reality he needs to shut his mouth on throwing players under the bus when it is 100 percent his fault we are not going to a bowl game.

Sorry but was being sarcastic.Tommy took a 100+ man roster and has it down to less than 40 at the end of his tenure. The longtime Doane president hired him going out the door as a favor to Tom.
Tommy was banned from every bar, restaurants in Crete for harrasing waitresses. Once the same claims came from the athletic department his days at Doane were quickly done. Great player but not a very good person or coach.
Thank you. His brother uses T Fraz name to creep on women. Sad. T Fraz is an absolute puke in the bars. Seen both first hand.

Last edited:
LOL. Doane was a dumpster fire with him there. They couldn't even line up right and he could barely field a team by the time they fired him. They were completely disorganized and the players ALL hated him.

Lol you're comparing Doane to the freaking behemoth of a program that is Nebraska. Tommie earned his right to say anything he wants about this program anytime he wants to. Frost and his cult doesn't want to hear it? Beat the teams you should. Had he done that he would be sitting at 8 or 9 wins easy this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT