ADVERTISEMENT

Found this on TOS........Yes, Kevin Warren WAS an incompetent POS boob.

Actually, after thinking about it, it's 16 teams. So probably $3 million a team or somewhere in there. Probably $50 million on a $7 billion contract. I'm sure ESPN loved to try and scoop this story and dramatize it. Drama if that's all there is.
But neither USC or UCLA were part of the conference when the crossing of the t’s and dotting of the I’s weren’t signed…

Reactions: king_kong_
Aren't they a part of the new media deal? Or did they take a reduced payout to buy into the BTN?

It's apparent the lack of communication between Warren and the schools was a massive problem. Started with the covid season and kept going throughout his time as commissioner. He had to go.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It is kind of ironic now that Michigan, tOSU and Penn St are expected to play a night game in November..

You're the guy who loves looking things up. Look into UCLA's athletic department deficit. You think they are joining a conference in the midwest/east coast for the heck of it?
when you say stuff like "xyz were begging to join", the onus is on you to provide evidence

otherwise, it's nothing but a personal opinion

when you say stuff like "xyz were begging to join", the onus is on you to provide evidence

otherwise, it's nothing but a personal opinion
It's an internet message board. Feel free to prove me wrong with a link that says the Big 10 was begging UCLA and USC to join. I'm not doing your work for you.

Reactions: BleedRed78
It's an internet message board. Feel free to prove me wrong with a link that says the Big 10 was begging UCLA and USC to join. I'm not doing your work for you.
You’ve got this “doing work” bit backwards

You made an outlandish claim and I asked you to provide a source

They won't because the PAC 12 and their media saga is an even bigger cluster.
Perhaps

Perhaps not

If this shows anything, it’s that B1G fans are maybe more clueless than previously thought (saying A LOT) & can’t wait to suck down more propaganda

The PAC 12 resides in the richest streaming territory in the world. Amazon, Apple, etc., paying big bucks for live sports

You’ve got this “doing work” bit backwards

You made an outlandish claim and I asked you to provide a source
Outlandish? Yeah, when the UCLA AD says without going to the Big 10 they would have to start cutting sports I don't think it's so outlandish. Sounds like it was totally random that they decided to join a conference 2 to 3 time zones away. Leaving schools they had been with for 100 years.

UCLA needs the Big 10 media to try and get the athletic department out of massive debt. I know that's a hard pill for you to swallow since you have some weird fascination with hating the Big 10 and their media deal. But it's the truth.

Outlandish? Yeah, when the UCLA AD says without going to the Big 10 they would have to start cutting sports I don't think it's so outlandish. Sounds like it was totally random that they decided to join a conference 2 to 3 time zones away. Leaving schools they had been with for 100 years.

UCLA needs the Big 10 media to try and get the athletic department out of massive debt. I know that's a hard pill for you to swallow since you have some weird fascination with hating the Big 10 and their media deal. But it's the truth.
source?

Perhaps

Perhaps not

If this shows anything, it’s that B1G fans are maybe more clueless than previously thought (saying A LOT) & can’t wait to suck down more propaganda

The PAC 12 resides in the richest streaming territory in the world. Amazon, Apple, etc., paying big bucks for live sports
Take a big chill pill here.

half a like for this

“When your program is in significant debt, it’s difficult just to maintain, never mind to invest,” UCLA athletic director Martin Jarmond said. “This not only preserves the programs now — which was not a given — but also will allow us to invest in them.”

not exactly this

Yeah, when the UCLA AD says without going to the Big 10 they would have to start cutting sports

but I get how one could insinuate such a thing

half a like for this

“When your program is in significant debt, it’s difficult just to maintain, never mind to invest,” UCLA athletic director Martin Jarmond said. “This not only preserves the programs now — which was not a given — but also will allow us to invest in them.”

not exactly this

Yeah, when the UCLA AD says without going to the Big 10 they would have to start cutting sports

but I get how one could insinuate such a thing
Keep going. Find the articles about starting to cut Olympic sports without the Big 10....

Keep going. Find the articles about starting to cut Olympic sports without the Big 10....
You’re extraordinarily argumentative

If what you say is true, it should be extremely easy to produce at least one source with a direct quote, which is all I wanted to see because I am interested in the subject

Your constant protesting makes you seem like you're full of shit in addition to being a bleeding vag

I thought so too but I read an article from Penn St aaying that Nebraska Maryland and Rutgers are not. I scratched my head

Then Penn St writers are morons

We have been fully vested for years...I believe 2017

We paid our way in, in full

Rutgers and Maryland got bigger shares sooner BUT have long term loans they are having to pay back to the conference

So much stupidity at so many levels.

ADs (allegedly) not telling their coaches about night games.

BTN (NOT THE B1G) owning B1G rights from 2016 to 2029/2030.

Fox a partial owner of the BTN.

Warren committing the B1G to night games despite a long-standing albeit stupid tradition of not doing so, and the COACHES NOT KNOWING ABOUT IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Delany got a 20 mil bonus. Warren hasn't been paid his yet and if he gets paid I will be furious. My anger is leftover from how that fvcking idiot handled COVID.

Fox has always been majority owner of BTN

Reactions: king_kong_
You’re extraordinarily argumentative

If what you say is true, it should be extremely easy to produce at least one source with a direct quote, which is all I wanted to see because I am interested in the subject

Your constant protesting makes you seem like you're full of shit in addition to being a bleeding vag
Easy killer. Why don't you just look it up and find an article proving me wrong if it's so important to you? Because you know I'm right but you are embarrassed to say it.

Easy killer. Why don't you just look it up and find an article proving me wrong if it's so important to you? Because you know I'm right but you are embarrassed to say it.
It’s not important to prove you wrong, it’s bizarre you don’t want to cite your claims

I’m not doing legwork for a dipshit who’s already been proven to have put words in the UCLA AD’s mouth

I’ve searched for them begging to join. I’ve searched for threats of canceled programs without the B1G’s white knighting. I can’t find anything, likely because it doesn’t exist

I have no problem giving you props if you’re right. I do it all the time. But I’m certainly not going to take you at your word

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT