ADVERTISEMENT

Found this on TOS........Yes, Kevin Warren WAS an incompetent POS boob.

All this chest thumping with zero ink on paper

Classic B1G all the way around

No wonder trev didn’t shitcan hoiberg

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Puts a bit of a damper on the media check cashing party all us loud & proud B1G fans look forward to

Highlight of the B1G calendar

Now what do we poke fun of the ACC & Big 12 for? Volleyball again?

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Whelp, from what I gather is the deal slipped in night games in November which tOSU, Mich and PSU refuse to play, so NBC wants to pay less money than promised; Fox wants millions from NBC for the 2026 B1G championship game Warren promised to NBC, but belongs to Fox; and they kicked the can down the road about money owed to Fox for not playing games during the Covid year in 2020, and Fox wants that money back too. The first two are sort of "fine print" issues, but the Covid thing is like duh, if you contract to provide X number of games and only provide Y number of games, then you don't get paid for them. They should have bit the bullet and paid Fox for those missing games back then, but the whole not playing because of Covid was so emotionally charged, especially when tOSU weighed in, they kicked the financial loss under the rug.

B1G schools now owe FOX $65M?? From the article:

Recently, schools have found out:

• They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.)
  • They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season
Lmao!!

B1G schools now owe FOX $65M?? From the article:

Recently, schools have found out:

• They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.)
  • They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season
Lmao!!
We shouldn't have to pay as much since we're not fully vested

• Haha
Reactions: EastOregonHusker
He left the new B1G commissioner with a pile of dogsh!t to clean up.

I'm surprised he didn't leave things worse than that.

I wouldn't have trusted that jackass to organize a trip to the zoo.

So much stupidity at so many levels.

ADs (allegedly) not telling their coaches about night games.

BTN (NOT THE B1G) owning B1G rights from 2016 to 2029/2030.

Fox a partial owner of the BTN.

Warren committing the B1G to night games despite a long-standing albeit stupid tradition of not doing so, and the COACHES NOT KNOWING ABOUT IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Delany got a 20 mil bonus. Warren hasn't been paid his yet and if he gets paid I will be furious. My anger is leftover from how that fvcking idiot handled COVID.

Whelp, from what I gather is the deal slipped in night games in November which tOSU, Mich and PSU refuse to play, so NBC wants to pay less money than promised; Fox wants millions from NBC for the 2026 B1G championship game Warren promised to NBC, but belongs to Fox; and they kicked the can down the road about money owed to Fox for not playing games during the Covid year in 2020, and Fox wants that money back too. The first two are sort of "fine print" issues, but the Covid thing is like duh, if you contract to provide X number of games and only provide Y number of games, then you don't get paid for them. They should have bit the bullet and paid Fox for those missing games back then, but the whole not playing because of Covid was so emotionally charged, especially when tOSU weighed in, they kicked the financial loss under the rug.
Am I mistaken that the result is only a $5M loss per school? If so, it is still the most lucrative television contract among the conferences.

He was without a doubt a diversity hire. He’s worked it in to a GM job that he’s not qualified to hold.

So he didn't get a GM job but he got so much more than that. He got the dual title of being team president and CEO. Not even making this up. I'm a Bears fan (due to following Justin Fields wherever he got drafted) and yeah, I was not excited at all about the team president and ceo hire.

Reactions: dinglefritz
So he didn't get a GM job but he got so much more than that. He got the dual title of being team president and CEO. Not even making this up. I'm a Bears fan (due to following Justin Fields wherever he got drafted) and yeah, I was not excited at all about the team president and ceo hire.
It’s a non-football job

He’s babysitting a 100-year old woman’s nest egg

@dinglefritz how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you’re this wrong this often? C’mon, man, get it together

Ryan Poles is the Bears GM and has been since they hired him from KC after the ‘21 season

It’s a non-football job

@dinglefritz how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you’re this wrong this often? C’mon, man, get it together

Ryan Poles is the Bears GM and has been since they hired him from KC after the ‘21 season

Yeah, he's only got two real jobs - get the Arlington Heights stadium project done and have the team well positioned to sell after Virginia croaks. Don't think they sell til the stadium is done though since Virginia will likely have passed by then.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yeah, he's only got two real jobs - get the Arlington Heights stadium project done and have the team well positioned to sell after Virginia croaks. Don't think they sell til the stadium is done though since Virginia will likely have passed by then.
Exactly

Identical to what he did with the Vikings in building their new stadium, which is unbelievably awesome

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
So $65 million split amongst 14 teams? Yawn. My guess is schools freaked out about taking the revenue loss during covid on the missed games.

Poor OSU, PSU, and UM. They might have to play night games in November. Sounds like Warren was what people thought he was. Also sounds like OSU, PSU, and UM are who we thought they were. A bunch of pampered babies.

At least we'll find out what the new guy is made of right away.

It’s a non-football job

Ok. Thought it was GM. Warren is a boob who has landed multiple jobs via his association with the Obama organization. Good luck with that Bears fan

Reactions: scarletred
Ok. Thought it was GM. Warren is a boob who has landed multiple jobs via his association with the Obama organization. Good luck with that Bears fan
Worked out well for your Vikings

US Bank stadium is #1 in America in my opinion, though I have not yet been to a game in Vegas

I mean, it’s only $$ that he’s in charge of again, which he’s shown rather well of being “organized,” right? 😏

Kevin Waren??

hes-a-real-douche-nacho-libre.gif

So $65 million split amongst 14 teams? Yawn. My guess is schools freaked out about taking the revenue loss during covid on the missed games.

Poor OSU, PSU, and UM. They might have to play night games in November. Sounds like Warren was what people thought he was. Also sounds like OSU, PSU, and UM are who we thought they were. A bunch of pampered babies.

At least we'll find out what the new guy is made of right away.
That’s how I interpreted it: a bunch of hand wringing over a fractional amount of the contract.

Worked out well for your Vikings

US Bank stadium is #1 in America in my opinion, though I have not yet been to a game in Vegas
I don’t believe Warren had as much to do with that as you think regardless of his title. Ziggy has decades of experience getting government entities to help him get commercial real estate deals done.

I don’t believe Warren had as much to do with that as you think regardless of his title. Ziggy has decades of experience getting government entities to help him get commercial real estate deals done.
fair enough

I don't believe he'll have anything to do with the product the Bears put on the field, either

I do find it absolutely hilarious and incredibly satisfying that his decision to cancel football in 2020 continues to haunt our beloved, ultra-woke, non-competitive conference.

the fact the only real W the B1G has had since 2016 was basically fabricated is icing on the cake. so so so funny.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
fair enough

I don't believe he'll have anything to do with the product the Bears put on the field, either

I do find it absolutely hilarious and incredibly satisfying that his decision to cancel football in 2020 continues to haunt our beloved, ultra-woke, non-competitive conference.

the fact the only real W the B1G has had since 2016 was basically fabricated is icing on the cake. so so so funny.
Don’t stop there.. He also cancelled playing non conference opponents in basketball, baseball, Volleyball and softball..

What a cluster Fvck..

That’s how I interpreted it: a bunch of hand wringing over a fractional amount of the contract.
Actually, after thinking about it, it's 16 teams. So probably $3 million a team or somewhere in there. Probably $50 million on a $7 billion contract. I'm sure ESPN loved to try and scoop this story and dramatize it. Drama if that's all there is.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT