ADVERTISEMENT

Fire this shit staff ASAP.

So where's all of you haters and cowards who gave up on this team and won't come back and man up and admit you gave up too early? If you're going to act like the game is over, the game better darn well be over before you open up your worthless trap. Man up and admit you gave up to early, or shut the heck up. No excuse whatsoever for pretending like the game was over when it wasn't.

So where's all of you haters and cowards who gave up on this team and won't come back and man up and admit you gave up too early? If you're going to act like the game is over, the game better darn well be over before you open up your worthless trap. Man up and admit you gave up to early, or shut the heck up.

Hate the game not the players

Hate the game not the players
Nope. Doesn't work that way. You hate any part of the team, you hate all of it. This board is littered with cowards who love to sit behind their comfortable computer and take potshots at the team and give up on them and can't act like a decent human being and come back and admit they were wrong.

So where's all of you haters and cowards who gave up on this team and won't come back and man up and admit you gave up too early? If you're going to act like the game is over, the game better darn well be over before you open up your worthless trap. Man up and admit you gave up to early, or shut the heck up.
We looked terrible in this game. I was not one of the folks you are talking about, but I will still say we looked like shit today. Other than Lee and Spielman we looked like poo

We looked terrible in this game. I was not one of the folks you are talking about, but I will still say we looked like shit today. Other than Lee and Spielman we looked like poo
25-24 is a win, Deal with it. I don't care about beauty. A W is the most beautiful thing in sports. You can talk about ugly all you want when we lose. When we win, shut up and just enjoy it.

So where's all of you haters and cowards who gave up on this team and won't come back and man up and admit you gave up too early? If you're going to act like the game is over, the game better darn well be over before you open up your worthless trap. Man up and admit you gave up to early, or shut the heck up. No excuse whatsoever for pretending like the game was over when it wasn't.

If you are happy with a 1 point win over 3-5 Purdue, congratulations!!! Enjoy the great win! A lot of us expect a lot more out of this team and program. I’m happy we won, but disgusted by this coaching staff. They have lead this team to the lowest lows in program history. This may be the last win of the season, ENJOY!!!!

If you are happy with a 1 point win over 3-5 Purdue, congratulations!!! Enjoy the great win! A lot of us expect a lot more out of this team and program. I’m happy we won, but disgusted by this coaching staff. They have lead this team to the lowest lows in program history. This may be the last win of the season, ENJOY!!!!
Lie. Man up and just admit it. The rest of your post proves it. You're not fooling anybody except maybe yourself.

That’s BS. Riley’s fate is already sealed. I hope we win the rest, but it’s not going to happen. When you are a realist and understand what’s going on, the wins actually bring you up a little bit even if they don’t change the current climate.

Nope. Doesn't work that way. You hate any part of the team, you hate all of it. This board is littered with cowards who love to sit behind their comfortable computer and take potshots at the team and give up on them and can't act like a decent human being and come back and admit they were wrong.

well hey man you can look at it on a micro scale and some of us will look at it on a macro scale. And the health and trajectory of the program isn't good, so. Good for players but yeah man take a step back and look at this program, then look at other programs and tell me what you see that's different.

25-24 is a win, Deal with it. I don't care about beauty. A W is the most beautiful thing in sports. You can talk about ugly all you want when we lose. When we win, shut up and just enjoy it.
I am not taking anything away from winning... But winning doesn't take away how bad we looked. Let's say Purdue gets that 1st down and we lose. I'd say the same thing, we looked like crap as a whole

Reactions: BigRedLegion
I don't remember many people saying the game was over and the Huskers were surely going to lose. The question was whether either team could get out of its own way.

The game certainly got better in the second half, but I'm not sure I'd wag my finger at everyone and tell them how dead wrong they are about the state of Husker football.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
I don't remember many people saying the game was over and the Huskers were surely going to lose. The question was whether either team could get out of its own way.

The game certainly got better in the second half, but I'm not sure I'd wag my finger at everyone and tell them how dead wrong they are about the state of Husker football.
It's right in this dang thread. Open up your eyes and look. Who talks about firing a staff after a game that you win? None of the comments said "if we lose". That I could accept. The "fire this staff asap" crap was based on the absolute assumption, absent any qualifiers that the game was lost.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
I'm going to enjoy the win that doesn't mean the majority of us hate the team because we know Riley isn't the future for this program...

I hope we win out.... Doesn't mean I want something better for this program.

It's right in this dang thread. Open up your eyes and look. Who talks about firing a staff after a game that you win? None of the comments said "if we lose". That I could accept. The "fire this staff asap" crap was based on the absolute assumption, absent any qualifiers that the game was lost.
The staff is not going to get fired mid-season, so I don't think most people take that talk too seriously. I thought the game was still a toss-up at halftime, as neither team had shown much of anything. You can go ahead and squeal and shriek now about how I'm a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!! - but that was my outlook at halftime.

The staff is not going to get fired mid-season, so I don't think most people take that talk too seriously.
Then why waste the time saying it? The point is, the people who say that clearly had given up and had already chalked the game up as a loss. And they don't have the guts or decency to come back and admit they made a hasty comment. It might bruise their incredibly fragile ego to come out and admit they were wrong.

why does this matter so much ...we win a game and all you seem to really want is posters to come back on bended knee...who cares

That’s BS. Riley’s fate is already sealed. I hope we win the rest, but it’s not going to happen. When you are a realist and understand what’s going on, the wins actually bring you up a little bit even if they don’t change the current climate.
As long as Riley is still fired. If any win causes him to stay, then you want us to lose. That's what you really mean isn't it? If he had to lose all of the remaining games to get fired, you would want us to lose all the remaining games. You don't care one bit about winning. You don't care one bit about all of those players who pour their heart and soul into the team. You care about getting rid of the guy you hate. Husker fan my a$$.

I'll take W's like this all day long, but c'mon man things weren't looking favorable for the boys in scarlet till the end. The pass interference on the fake punt was the epitome of how the day was going. Give 'em credit for never quitting--have to love that. And hell yeah I'll enjoy the win but that doesn't mean you don't reflect on the game.

Last edited:
why does this matter so much ...we win a game and all you seem to really want is posters to come back on bended knee...who cares
I want posters to THINK before they post worthless embarrassing crap and not give up on the team that they claim they love.

As long as Riley is still fired. If any win causes him to stay, then you want us to lose. That's what you really mean isn't it? If he had to lose all of the remaining games to get fired, you would want us to lose all the remaining games. You don't care one bit about winning. You don't care one bit about all of those players who pour their heart and soul into the team. You care about getting rid of the guy you hate. Husker fan my a$$.

He’s not staying, he’s done. Most of our players aren’t pouring their hearts and souls into the program and that’s part of the problem. You are delusional, put down the bottle and go to bed. Cuddle your Mike Riley doll as you go to sleep. Loser.

Umm we’ve done it twice after wins against better teams and significantly downgraded both times. I don’t think we can downgrade from here. Is this the best win of the season?
That's at the end of the season. We're not at the end of the season. It's quite simple to see the difference if you'd just use your brain and think.

He’s not staying, he’s done. Most of our players aren’t pouring their hearts and souls into the program and that’s part of the problem. You are delusional, put down the bottle and go to bed. Cuddle your Mike Riley doll as you go to sleep. Loser.
This has nothing to do with me being some big Mike Riley fan. What's going to happen is going to happen. I have no control over that. I just want us to win, period, with no qualifiers, no ifs and our buts, and let the chips fall where they may. People like you can't say that. You try to cover that up by saying he's done, period when in reality you know that every win makes that harder to be the case. And that scares you-so you don't want us to win. Just admit it openly.

After all the crap shows we've had this year, we came out and did what we needed to do: win.
I think if we would have asked if people would be happy with a win today most would say yes, other than those who posted they hoped we lose.
We aren't a good team, but this is a much needed win and they fought to the end. Give them credit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT