ADVERTISEMENT

Fastest Huskers During Winter Conditioning

Moving Hill to reciever was a bonehead move by Joseph. It was mid-season. There was no way for him to contribute there. The guy is a great athlete, he just needs to be taught good technique.
Couldn’t disagree more. The move wasn’t for him to be able to really contribute last season, the move was for the future. The mid-season transfer gave him a head start to move spots.

And it’s not like he could have RS after the transfer. The first 5 games he played @ corner so the shirt was already burnt. So playing him on special teams and playing a few snaps @ WR didn’t hurt him at all.

and I’m sorry it’s pretty obvious defense isn’t his position. The bonehead move was trying to make him a corner.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I've always kind of liked Ervin, but never would have expected to see him listed as second-fastest on the team.

If Haarberg is really faster than Smothers, maybe he should try WR or TE?
Would love to see Ervin show it on the football field.

is any poster more in lock-step with this staff as yours truly?

I post it, days later they repeat it

haters & losers, once again hide your eyes:

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Who is "Jim in MN" and how does he have access to winter conditioning results?
There is a cult of these weirdos on Twitter who think they are the gatekeepers to Husker football and he is one of them. Some of their posts are comical, but these guys are pretty chummy online with a lot of the writers as well as media people. They go nuts when any fan has some sort of negative opinion.

I've always kind of liked Ervin, but never would have expected to see him listed as second-fastest on the team.

If Haarberg is really faster than Smothers, maybe he should try WR or TE?
Something seems very wrong with those results. Must have been a lot of guys injured. Unless there is some weird way to calculate mph that doesn't translate to actual speed. Ervin wasn't even considered a burner before his injury. What about Rahmir? What about Fleeks? If true that really shows how unathletic our team was under Frost.

Something seems very wrong with those results. Must have been a lot of guys injured. Unless there is some weird way to calculate mph that doesn't translate to actual speed. Ervin wasn't even considered a burner before his injury. What about Rahmir? What about Fleeks? If true that really shows how unathletic our team was under Frost.
mph doesn’t necessarily equate to 40 time - suspect it is just top speed achieved.

Doesn’t account for how long it takes to reach top speed or how long it can be maintained

Last edited:
Could be. As a freshman, Ervin seemed to have good wheels but hardly fastest-guy-on-the-team speed. On the QB side, I didn't know Smothers was hurt.

Reactions: king_kong_
Could be. As a freshman, Ervin seemed to have good wheels but hardly fastest-guy-on-the-team speed. On the QB side, I didn't know Smothers was hurt.
It seems like for years we barely had a 2nd scholarship qb and now it seems like we have too many scholarship qbs and all of them are hurt.

Reactions: Truewooper
It seems like for years we barely had a 2nd scholarship qb and now it seems like we have too many scholarship qbs and all of them are hurt.
True though I will say in pads I have never really seen Smothers speed. Maybe I was just spoiled with Taylor Martinez even Luke McCaffery outside of that tOSU game in 2020 never seemed to be that scary fast.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Smothers is very fast. I’m not buying that Haarberg is faster than Smothers.
of course you don't

you have publicly stated you believe Haarberg should be at UNK while smothers' experience sucking ass somehow makes him a valuable member of the team

Haarberg having success will put your fandom at odds with your strengthening personal feelings toward me - something I find extremely hilarious

of course you don't

you have publicly stated you believe Haarberg should be at UNK while smothers' experience sucking ass somehow makes him a valuable member of the team

Haarberg having success will put your fandom at odds with your personal feelings toward me - something I find extremely hilarious
I’ve never once said Haarberg should be at UNK.

mph doesn’t necessarily equate to 40 time - suspect it is just top speed achieved.

Doesn’t account for how long it takes to reach top speed or long it can be maintained
I suspect former Husker safety Nate Gierry would have done really good in this stat. Besides getting several very questionable targeting calls in his time, I remember him running multiple guys down about thirty or forty yards downfield. I ain't even crapping on the guy. He didn't get burned (ok, maybe he was out of the play by his own accord), but dude would be tackling some really fast guy at the five yard line a ton of times.

Couldn’t disagree more. The move wasn’t for him to be able to really contribute last season, the move was for the future. The mid-season transfer gave him a head start to move spots.

And it’s not like he could have RS after the transfer. The first 5 games he played @ corner so the shirt was already burnt. So playing him on special teams and playing a few snaps @ WR didn’t hurt him at all.

and I’m sorry it’s pretty obvious defense isn’t his position. The bonehead move was trying to make him a corner.
So Rhule is the bonehead?

Reactions: king_kong_
Smothers is very fast. I’m not buying that Haarberg is faster than Smothers.
Yeah I am not saying that he is not faster, Smothers that is. But I am just saying I have never seen him streaking down the field like some of our other guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT