ADVERTISEMENT

Fastest Huskers During Winter Conditioning

They have a backer who is projected in the top 3 backers for the draft. Smothers ran by him like the guy was wearing cement buckets on his feet.
I rewatched it. I suppose he's faster than I give him credit for but he's definitely not Tmart or Crouch speed. When guys like Palmer get a little separation then I'm edge of my seat waiting to see if he takes it to the house. Smothers turns the corner and I'm edge of my seat hoping he doesn't fumble.

And damn you for making me re-watch another Frost loss where we should have easily won the game. My God. We were throwing it an average of 3 times a quarter and we had them on the ropes.

this you?

it's okay. we are all NU fans.
Didn’t say Kearney. IF somebody were to leave I would rather it be guys with zero college or big school high school experience. Don’t want any of them to leave before fall.

I rewatched it. I suppose he's faster than I give him credit for but he's definitely not Tmart or Crouch speed. When guys like Palmer get a little separation then I'm edge of my seat waiting to see if he takes it to the house. Smothers turns the corner and I'm edge of my seat hoping he doesn't fumble.

And damn you for making me re-watch another Frost loss where we should have easily won the game. My God. We were throwing it an average of 3 times a quarter and we had them on the ropes.
Sorry

The thing I'll always remember about that game is when Frost, after having the worst special teams in the nation for three months, says in the final postgame presser of the season: "Our special teams HAVE to get better!"

Eureka! Nothin' gets past you, Coach.

Last edited:
I read the first word in the title as "Fattest" this morning. Then I remembered Frost is gone so that didn't make sense...

you guys flatter me

you're welcome for making this board appointment viewing on a daily basis

God forbid another of my predictions comes true and you all will have to "deal with me" as our Huskers ascend to heights not visited in 20 years

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedTed
The skeptics in this thread crack me up

Nothing but good news! (for most)

Good heavens go rewatch how he ran past people in that Iowa game in 21. The guy has serious wheels.
In my time watching the Huskers, off the top of my head I can name TMart, Crouch, Steve Taylor, Gerry Gdowski, Luke, AM as all being decidedly faster than Smothers.

In my time watching the Huskers, off the top of my head I can name TMart, Crouch, Steve Taylor, Gerry Gdowski, Luke, AM as all being decidedly faster than Smothers.
Putting Crouch & smothers in the same sentence is an insult to the Heisman trophy winner.

We’ve all seen what smothers is capable of and none need to see any more. Same goes for purdy.

IMO both are very fortunate to be hurt at the moment because spring ball with fresh eyes & true competition would not be kind to them

Purdy last spring was healthy as he’s been his entire career and he couldn’t complete a simple wide open seam route due to his middle school girl arm strength

Only hilarious bedfellows @dinglefritz and @RecruitingAnalyst_National believe purdys capable of anything more than what he showed last year (less than nothing)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT