ADVERTISEMENT

Fair reaction from some outsiders

It would be interesting to see how much quality qb would change things for Frost. It's his fault he didn't go get transfer qb in the last 2 seasons.

But they're right about the Huskers being poorly coached. Penalties, turnovers, and special teams the last 3.1 seasons speaks to that.

Everything they said is accurate. Frost lost to a team they picked to win 3 games this year, despite their starting QB getting knocked out of the game.
Nebraska is poorly coached and makes the worst mistakes (penalties/turnovers) at the most inopportune times, along with terrible time management.

Not defending frost here, but the place kicker was all conference last year… no clue what’s wrong with him to miss 2 extra points today.
I don't think Culp ever had great form, and he got kind of lucky some of those went in last year. I think he's maybe an average kicker who got extremely hot last year.

Don't know who these guys are, but their analysis was pretty spot-on.
You don't know Bud Elliot? This is one of the biggest most popular college football podcast out there. Danny Kanell is also on this podcast each week. Just my opinion, they are worth listening to every week, IMO.

Last edited:
I can think of many things that would help or hurt Frost but for a fourth year coach to have a punter and place kicker this bad shows complete failure.
Missing extra points didn’t beat us even though it wasn’t a good look when he was all Big 10 last year..
Dumb decisions on a punt return turning the ball over before the half for a TD and 30 yard penalty after a interception all adds up to what we have seen time after time going on 4 years..

It’s the same old same old, not being well coached…

Missing extra points didn’t beat us even though it wasn’t a good look when he was all Big 10 last year..
Dumb decisions on a punt return turning the ball over before the half for a TD and 30 yard penalty after a interception all adds up to what we have seen time after time going on 4 years..

It’s the same old same old, not being well coached…
Yep. Watching Frost on the sidelines it appears he is somewhere else most of the time. He seems disconnected from the game and the moment.

I am an Iowa fan, yeah I know "Iowa sucks", but here are my thoughts after watching the game:

That game was won by the team who hurt themself the least not the team that did more to win.

In years past there has always been atleast 2 or 3 guys on your roster that were game breakers. If wandale, burkehead, Tmart, Bell etc went off you had a player that could tip the scales, I dont see that from nebraska this year.

Special teams is going to be the difference between you making a bowl and not. Preseason, i had you at 6 wins going into the Iowa game, after yesterday I would say your kicking game is going to cost you 1 or 2 more I hadnt accounted for.

Bert is a good coach. There is more talent on the illini roster than most want to give them credit for but that guy called the game exactly how he needed to win it. They ran over left tackle like 8 plays in a row because it was the one thing they knew could get 3 yards and they were ok with that. I have to believe some remotes were broke in nebraska during that drive.

The big12 dying will help Nebraska recruiting no matter what.

You don't know Bud Elliot? This is one of the biggest most popular college football podcast out there. Danny Kanell is also on this podcast each week. Just my opinion, they are worth listening to every week, IMO.
Nope, I don’t know Bud.

It would be interesting to see how much quality qb would change things for Frost. It's his fault he didn't go get transfer qb in the last 2 seasons.

But they're right about the Huskers being poorly coached. Penalties, turnovers, and special teams the last 3.1 seasons speaks to that.
I think with a very good QB NU has the potential to win 7-8 games with Scott’s offense. That’s his ceiling IMO. Too many mistakes in other areas of coaching that really hurt Scott and he just can’t get the total package of recruits to come to Lincoln.

Reactions: otismotis08
It is true, at some point you have to realize you are what you are:

AM is athletic, but lacks poise to consistently win.
Jurgens is not going to stop launching snaps.
CTB is going to hurt you as much as help you.
Piper is going to give up sacks.
Frost will be outcoached in preparation and halftime adjustments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT