ADVERTISEMENT

Erstad Rallies The Boys

Was a pretty impressive showing this weekend. However unless this team can carry this thru next weekend and win 2 of 3 it is just another flash in the pan!

I'll give credit where credit is due...They showed up this weekend. They still have to show up next week, and perform well in the B1G tournament, or else this weekend meant absolutely nothing. The bar hasn't been cleared yet, but it still can be.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
glad to see some can give credit where credit is due. Ersty has the boys rolling baby!!!
What do you call a person who only wants to recognize the events that support their own agenda? A hypocrite? Nah, that's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm only saying, you show up with your triple exclamation points when Erstad wins a series, but where are you when they fail repeatedly? I'm a pragmatist. But if they're truly rolling we'll all be happy because he'll accomplish something he's never done, which is win in the postseason.

What do you call a person who only wants to recognize the events that support their own agenda? A hypocrite? Nah, that's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm only saying, you show up with your triple exclamation points when Erstad wins a series, but where are you when they fail repeatedly? I'm a pragmatist. But if they're truly rolling we'll all be happy because he'll accomplish something he's never done, which is win in the postseason.
I also got accused of being a Miles apologist or sunshine pumper for being happy about wins. This hypocrite label works both ways - when people rush to the keyboard after a loss to make their point too. To the people who say “I’ll bitch but reserve the right to be surprised” I ask you for the same in return. Don’t be afraid to show some excitement when good things happen.

Excitement is one thing. Declaring the team is now rolling is a bit over the top don't you think??

It was nice to see the guys have fun and play baseball like they know how. Im guessing Erstad told them to scrap what he hasnt taught them about hitting and just hit like they learned how in high school.

HES A TROLL.
PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS...HE IS NOT A FAN OF ERSTAD.
HE IS ATTEMPTING TO POSE AS ONE TO MAKE ERSTAD FANS LOOK LIKE IDIOTS.

But hes an idiot too...theres literally no erstad fans left. I have no idea why there is some obsession with husker fans who love erstad still. Just where the hell are these people?
The majority of husker fans dont like erstad right now. Its obvious.

HES A TROLL.

But hes an idiot too...theres literally no erstad fans left. I have no idea why there is some obsession with husker fans who love erstad still. Just where the hell are these people?

Nebraska's all-time record is 2,166–1,573–19 (.579) overall and 830–791–2 (.512) in conference play. Since 1999, the Cornhuskers are 703–389–2 (.645). The program's record in Big 12 play was 215–189–1 (.533), and is 88–54–1 (.619) through six years in the Big Ten era. The Cornhuskers won their first Big Ten championship in 2017.

I remember these conversations with Frank Solich. Then we spent 16 years of less the mediocrity. I would entertain a new pitching coach but for now Erstad stays.

Reactions: bigredhunter

Wrong! He has a regional game! Them darn facts always getting in the way!

HES A TROLL.

Lol, right. you weren't on twitter after the ASU series win. Hundreds, maybe a thousand posts praising his superior game management. Go to Huskerpedia, continual love fest. In fact, the place the haters reside is here, which, I may add, seems to be loaded with people who have suffered some sort of traumatic brain injury at some point in there life.

HES A TROLL.

I love this post. I'm posing as an Erstad fans to make them look like idiots.

Then, he states there aren't any fans left.

Then, he states there is an obsession with fans who still love erstad (although there are none left)

Then, he states the majority of fans don't like erstad (leaving a minority who do, even though there aren't any left) and wondering where in the hell these people who don't exist are?

Put down the bong, my Husker brother, and step out from the dispensary.

Reactions: bigredhunter
HES A TROLL.

False flag! Fake news!

I love this post. I'm posing as an Erstad fans to make them look like idiots.

Then, he states there aren't any fans left.

Then, he states there is an obsession with fans who still love erstad (although there are none left)

Then, he states the majority of fans don't like erstad (leaving a minority who do, even though there aren't any left) and wondering where in the hell these people who don't exist are?

Put down the bong, my Husker brother, and step out from the dispensary.
tenor.gif

Lol, right. you weren't on twitter after the ASU series win. Hundreds, maybe a thousand posts praising his superior game management. Go to Huskerpedia, continual love fest. In fact, the place the haters reside is here, which, I may add, seems to be loaded with people who have suffered some sort of traumatic brain injury at some point in there life.

I'd head back to the Xanadu if I were you. Sounds like an idyllic place for you and the other ring kissers to congregate.

Actually I was thinking of heading to Regionals, for the FOURTH time in SIX years!

Who's with me???

I'm down with making another regional. That should be the minimum goal every year... What would make it really worth it though is to be not be embarrassed once making it there. I'm not even saying we have to win a regional... I'm saying just don't lose to some team that 90% have fans have never heard of.

Nebraska's all-time record is 2,166–1,573–19 (.579) overall and 830–791–2 (.512) in conference play. Since 1999, the Cornhuskers are 703–389–2 (.645). The program's record in Big 12 play was 215–189–1 (.533), and is 88–54–1 (.619) through six years in the Big Ten era. The Cornhuskers won their first Big Ten championship in 2017.

I remember these conversations with Frank Solich. Then we spent 16 years of less the mediocrity. I would entertain a new pitching coach but for now Erstad stays.

And what was the program's record in Big 12 play when coached by someone who wasn't fired?

Answer: 67-39 (.632)

Sorry but until this baseball team gives us a good reason to get excited I am not going all in. Now if suddenly this team wins 2-3 from Michigan makes a very good showing in the Big Ten and actually shows up to play in regionals my attitude may change toward Erstad. If not then status quo. I was at the game on Friday night and I promise I did not hear all the accolades Husker Husker is trying to rain down upon us with !

funny. damned if he makes it, damned if he doesn't.
You can't honestly be happy with the results since Errstan has been here. He missed his opportunity when him and shitty Silva refused to recruit Omaha until this last year.

You can't honestly be happy with the results since Errstan has been here. He missed his opportunity when him and shitty Silva refused to recruit Omaha until this last year.
Results? He shakes people's hands at booster events while wearing a freaking World Series ring and you want to talk about results?

I love college baseball. I just watched an interview with Erstad about the Michigan series and beyond. COACH....CAN YA THROW US FANS A LITTLE BONE? HUH? I mean put at least a little excitement into it. If this is all you have left in your tank, it is time to move on. PLEASE!! (It breaks my heart to write something like that but %$##$%%$ I miss the Van Horn era and anticipation).

Reactions: schuele
I feel like I'm in the minority on this board but I support Erstad!
Through all kinds of weather we'll all stick together. I question Erstad's ability to teach but he's our coach and I'll support him til somebody decides he's not our coach. It's WAY too easy to get on a message board and vent. Hopefully we go on a run and mute some of the criticism. That would be a win win for everybody.

I love college baseball. I just watched an interview with Erstad about the Michigan series and beyond. COACH....CAN YA THROW US FANS A LITTLE BONE? HUH? I mean put at least a little excitement into it. If this is all you have left in your tank, it is time to move on. PLEASE!! (It breaks my heart to write something like that but %$##$%%$ I miss the Van Horn era and anticipation).
Well you could always root for the Razorbacks right?Winking But wait, there were a lot of Razorback fans who wanted Van Horn fired last year....:eek:

Reactions: OzzyLvr
But wait, there were a lot of Razorback fans who wanted Van Horn fired last year....:eek:
Might want to do a quick head count on that, or check to make sure you have the right year. Arkansas was preseason top 10 in 2018, never fell out of the top 10 and finished as CWS runners-up.

#4 Arkansas taking on #19 Texas A&M right now on ESPNU, in case anyone wants to wax nostalgic about the golden era of Husker baseball.

Reactions: coffeefutures
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT