ADVERTISEMENT

Erik Chinander

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Any scenario in which he is retained when Frost and the offensive coaches are fired?

He really seems to have the Blackshirts playing like Blackshirts. I would be sad to see him go.

Remember when Frost was a offensive coaching god and Chinander was the question mark? :rolleyes:

The defense is salty. It's not like these are all five-star guys, either. They are just well coached and motivated.
Its a top ten defense without top ten players. Literally, I’m not using hyperbole. It would easily be top ten with ANY pressure put on the other team from the offense/special teams.

They are literally alone, and they still held Oklahoma and shut down the number 1 rusher in the nation. No first downs second half!? Like 20 yards total? Ffs…

Its a top ten defense without top ten players. Literally, I’m not using hyperbole. It would easily be top ten with ANY pressure put on the other team from the offense/special teams.

They are literally alone, and they still held Oklahoma and shut down the number 1 rusher in the nation. No first downs second half!? Like 20 yards total? Ffs…
We have a national title caliber defense chained to a bad high school offense and pee wee level special teams.

Probably not, since most head coaches are going to want to bring in their own guys.

Jeff Monken as Head Coach, with Chinander as Defensive Coordinator, I wouldn't mind that at all.
This would be my choice.

It’ll never happen. Not flashy enough for husker fans.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Probably not, since most head coaches are going to want to bring in their own guys.

Jeff Monken as Head Coach, with Chinander as Defensive Coordinator, I wouldn't mind that at all.
I seriously would let Chinander audition as the interim head coach starting now. We would have some continuity and a good defense to start with.

I think we would win more games this year with just having a new game manager.

If Nebraska hired Jeff Monken, he would likely bring in the OC from UGA to run the offense.

Would be interesting to see how much of the option game he would still run.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

And Michigan State had a Top 15 Offense in the Nation coming into this game, they were averaging 520 yards per game. Our defense held them to just 250 yards. I'm not sure how any of the defensive players and coaches can still have an ounce of respect for Frost after the last few weeks.

The good news is nobody will be dumb enough to hire the fraud after this year. He will either be out of college football or a analyst under Chip Kelly.

Thus, Chinander should be available if the new staff chooses to keep him.

I don’t see Chinander staying if Frost is let go. Besides Gerrod Lambrecht, he’s arguably one of the closest to Scott personally. Just my 2¢.

Absolute tip of the cap to Chinander tonight. The defense played their balls off. They made 1 mistake all night and played out of their minds. I’d be beside myself as well if I was on that side of the ball tonight.

DAMN!!!

Yes the defense is the lone bright spot on the team. And Chins has improved as a coach. However, the mighty West Virginia defense held Oklahoma to 16 points. I'm not so sure that we have seen a great offense yet. Now all of the sudden Chins is the man. Next head coach? C'mon. He was riidiculed for the last three years. Now he's Buddy Ryan. Just clean the damn house and forget about it and move on. I'm sick of Frost and anyone he is associated with.

Any scenario in which he is retained when Frost and the offensive coaches are fired?

He really seems to have the Blackshirts playing like Blackshirts. I would be sad to see him go.

Remember when Frost was a offensive coaching god and Chinander was the question mark? :rolleyes:
We played great today on defense, but no, we need to clean house and leave behind perhaps the worst era of our history.

Yes the defense is the lone bright spot on the team. And Chins has improved as a coach. However, the mighty West Virginia defense held Oklahoma to 16 points. I'm not so sure that we have seen a great offense yet. Now all of the sudden Chins is the man. Next head coach? C'mon. He was riidiculed for the last three years. Now he's Buddy Ryan. Just clean the damn house and forget about it and move on. I'm sick of Frost and anyone he is associated with.
You're just wrong.

I was all ready to say Chinander did a great job last night, but man, some of these comments are ridiculous. No we do not have a national title caliber defense. No, he shouldn't be our next head coach and frankly shouldn't even be in the discussion.

We very likely have a top 30 defense which is what I wanted and thought we had the talent for all along. It may even end up being a top 10 defense by season's end, but we'll just have to see how it plays out. Definite props to Chinander for that. However, we need to hold our horses a bit. It's still a long season left. The hyperbole doesn't help matters, and I don't think one good, maybe great, defensive year necessarily makes up for 3 bad ones where we couldn't even produce a top 50 defense. Having 5th and 6th year players helps a ton, and have to give credit that Chinander took full advantage of that change.

I was all ready to say Chinander did a great job last night, but man, some of these comments are ridiculous. No we do not have a national title caliber defense. No, he shouldn't be our next head coach and frankly shouldn't even be in the discussion.

We very likely have a top 30 defense which is what I wanted and thought we had the talent for all along. It may even end up being a top 10 defense by season's end, but we'll just have to see how it plays out. Definite props to Chinander for that. However, we need to hold our horses a bit. It's still a long season left. The hyperbole doesn't help matters, and I don't think one good, maybe great, defensive year necessarily makes up for 3 bad ones where we couldn't even produce a top 50 defense. Having 5th and 6th year players helps a ton, and have to give credit that Chinander took full advantage of that change.
Do you even realize the state Riley left our defense in? Improving incrementally up to a top 30 (if not top 5 or 10 unit this year) is legit considering what he inherited.

Reactions: scarletred
Do you even realize the state Riley left our defense in? Improving incrementally up to a top 30 (if not top 5 or 10 unit this year) is legit considering what he inherited.
I thought we had the talent for it all along. If you recall, I didn't buy that we couldn't be a good defense even though we thought the offense would be better. It took Chinander quite awhile to produce a good defense. Years 1 and 2 were awful. Year 3 was mediocre. Year 4 we're pretty dang good with a lot of returning experience. I'm not going to complain about this year. A top 30 defense is what I always wanted and should always be the expectation for a blackshirt defense.

First off Im shocked at how well Chinander has prepared the defense, they are playing exceptionally well. In fact we would be 5-0 with an average offense and decent ST. But what really is shocking is Chinander is doing it with really average talent. If he had better players they would be the best in the country.

If Nebraska hired Jeff Monken, he would likely bring in the OC from UGA to run the offense.

Would be interesting to see how much of the option game he would still run.
You’re high. No one is leaving Georgia to take a backward step to coach at Nebraska.

If you hire the coach at Army, you are hiring him to run the offense he ran at Army. That is what fans would expect. If, for some stupid reason, Todd Monken leaves Georgia for Nebraska, and shows up run a pro style offense the fans will be pissed. Additionally the UGA OC has zero experience running anything close to what Jeff Monken runs at Army.

Reactions: WHCSC

Wow, does the former Iowa walk-on have that strong of connection, resume or body of work to garner such an absurd expectation, when and if, Nebraska pulls the plug on native Scott Frost?

Scott Frost is right. Nebraska has improved.

On the road, the Huskers are 0-3. At home, two victories against non-B1G, P5 competition.

Year 1 and 2 didn't earn much traction. Then, a pandemic broke out.

In many respects, last year is a canceled season. A big asterisk. Time for people to return to the here and now.

The 1950s calls are popular in political culture, but we live in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣1️⃣

Now, we are into 2021, the first month of games have been completed in the Big Ten. Three programs have played 2 B1G games, and are either 2-0, 1-1 or the above.

The rest are 1-0 on the season! Hats off to Mel Tucker, not one first down in 30 minutes, and you remain ranked, and 2-0.

No, 2-3 isn't pretty. The Huskers were 3-5 last year all in the B1G, opened 0-2 both seasons.

Seven games remain. Everyone else in the Big Ten has eight games remaining, except those Fighting Mel Tuckers, who honor Homecoming with a buy game against Western Kentucky.

Did everyone catch PJ Fleck's buy game (Homecoming) for Minnesota with Bowling Green on Saturday?

Trev, Nebraska and everyone need to be patient.

Improvement is goal each week.

Last year, at this point, Nebraska returned home, after opening 0-2 with two B1G road losses, and won the B1G opener 30-23 against Penn State.

The Nittany Lions were awful last year for first 5 games. Now, they are #4 in the AP on an eight game win streak, second to Iowa's 10 game streak.

• Northwestern
• Michigan
• at Minnesota

Before first of two bye weeks to close out the 2021 season for Scott Frost's 4th edition in Lincoln.

Opportunity Knocks!

Nebraska has a very good opportunity to reverse the 21-13 loss in Evanston last year.

Sophomore South Carolina transfer QB Ryan Hilinski lead the Wildcats to a solid win over Ohio U to even record to 2-2, 0-1 in B1G.

8 of the last 10 games, since the Huskers and Wildcats became B1G brothers have been one possession games.

Scott Frost is 1-2 against Pat Fitzgerald over the past three seasons. The 2019 game in Lincoln was 13-10 affair, with the home team victorious!

Just what everyone needs, a real, clear cut B1G win, at home in Memorial Stadium. Nebraska is the favorite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT