ADVERTISEMENT

Englehaupt offered?

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
bieber2.jpg

1620 interviewing this kid.. Why would you ask a kid if he felt like a plan B? Or if he felt he received a offer because other players went elsewhere.. Wtf??

1620 interviewing this kid.. Why would you ask a kid if he felt like a plan B? Or if he felt he received a offer because other players went elsewhere.. Wtf??

Because media guys are egomaniacs and don`t give a damn about the feelings of others. It`s all about " the scoop, the story."

He handled well and admitted he does feel that way some but pointed he'd like to change the perception of in state kids being looked over.. I just don't see giving a kid a reason to have 2nd thought's. He's not even inked yet. Smh

HuskerTimOmaha did name a number of recruits.. And it's within the 22-28 range. It was hardly a deflection.
Fair enough, then in the future I suggest you do a better job pinpointing what you want to use as evidence... As it stands, color me unimpressed with your attempts so far.

Reactions: Yossarian23
Didn't Shane Swanson play his senior year minus a thumb due to a rodeo accident?

You may have something there....But he told me once he played 8 man football and the worst field he ever played on in his whole entire time at Nebraska was in the 1984 Orange Bowl he said they put sand down on the field and spray painted the field green so it would look better for TV.

You may have something there....But he told me once he played 8 man football and the worst field he ever played on in his whole entire time at Nebraska was in the 1984 Orange Bowl he said they put sand down on the field and spray painted the field green so it would look better for TV.

I had also heard it was like playing in a sandlot

Reactions: scarletred
This smells of desperation plan C by Riley. Why didn't they offer over a year ago to a Nebraska kid if he was good? This is the same ole stuff we have come to expect from the previous poor recruiter. Anything outside of the top 20 is not meeting basic recruiting expectations.
Perhaps. Or maybe this is more like the offer Drew Ott didn't get from the previous staff, so that NU could have a clean sweep of the Cotton household?

Didn't Shane Swanson play his senior year minus a thumb due to a rodeo accident?
I believe you are thinking of Randall Jobman, who was from the same area of the state. Can't remember his hometown, but I think he was the one who had the rodeo accident.

Last edited:
This smells of desperation plan C by Riley. Why didn't they offer over a year ago to a Nebraska kid if he was good? This is the same ole stuff we have come to expect from the previous poor recruiter. Anything outside of the top 20 is not meeting basic recruiting expectations.

I'd say plan B. But that's beside the point... If we have to deal with a 3 star plan B, from Nebraska, who can play multiple positions... Fine, guess we'll just have to live with it.

As for your other 2 sentences. This class has filled numerous holes the previous poor recruiter left. Hardly the same ole stuff. If there is 1 thing Riley is, it is very organized on the recruiting front. For sentence 2, the 22-25 range will work fine as the basic expectation THIS YEAR. And really, just how much separation do you honestly believe is between 20 and 25 in the rankings? I doubt it much. Now next season, my expectation is top 15. There will be no budging in that stance no matter the reason. Long term, if NU plans on winning championships, this HAS to be the standard going forward.

It was the late show? Not surprising....John Bishop? Again...not surprising if so. The guy is a hack and a Creighton douche.

So on the one hand we have numerous posters saying he should have been offered over a month ago, and on the other hand he is plan C. Not sure where you fell on his worthiness of receiving an offer, but it seems like there are plenty of people happy with this recruit. Plan C? If so, it was a heck of a plan C...

I don't know if this is going to sway any posters' thoughts on this kid, but Riley said during his presser today that the kid ran in the 4.5s at the Husker camp last summer. That's moving for a kid his size.

EDIT: Just checked his 40 time, and he ran a 4.55.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bremser
Can this kid play DE?
I'd say yes. A guy like this can either be considered a "tweener" if he can't play or "versatile" if he can play multiple positions. I think Englehaupt is versatile. FB/TE/DE/LB. Heck, not probable, but he could grow into OG or DT. However, all signs point to him playing offense to start.

Reactions: Redblood23
I don't know if this is going to sway any posters' thoughts on this kid, but Riley said during his presser today that the kid ran in the 4.5s at the Husker camp last summer. That's moving for a kid his size.

EDIT: Just checked his 40 time, and he ran a 4.55.
At his size and SPEED he could be the answer to the big bodied wideout. He potentially could be a matchup nightmare as a TE that you could split out. I'm assuming they use electronic 40 times at their camp but even if they didn't 4.55 is damned fast.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT