ADVERTISEMENT

Does This Sound Familiar to Anyone?

I see a lot of Scott Frost in that article. Not good . Not good at all

Gonna go out on a limb and say neither of you actually looked at the article :)
Is this what you were meaning?

"Malzahn's genius ran out and his book on offense never came with a second volume. He struggled weighing his roots as a playcaller with the need to oversee an entire program. And as he flip-flopped his position calling plays, opposing coaches studied what he did and evolved, while Malzahn stubbornly remained the same."

Reactions: JoelBittner
Gonna go out on a limb and say neither of you actually looked at the article :)
Damn, teach. You didn't say it was required! (Yes, there are parallels in how their offensive systems have been sluggish instead of hyper-speed against better defenses. Oh, and the paranoia. Oh, and the good-ole-boy network.)

Is this what you were meaning?

"Malzahn's genius ran out and his book on offense never came with a second volume. He struggled weighing his roots as a playcaller with the need to oversee an entire program. And as he flip-flopped his position calling plays, opposing coaches studied what he did and evolved, while Malzahn stubbornly remained the same."
Yep, that and the whole 'supposed QB whisperer' part as well...

When Scott Frost took over, I think that the program was in a worse condition then most people thought. Player wise, culture wise, development wise, administration wise organizational wise. We were just bad in pretty much every way a program could be bad.

I figured it would take multiple years to get back to being respectable and there wasn't going to be a break out season 2-3 years into the tenure.

While there has been some glimmer of hope, recruiting looks better, conditioning looks better. There are setbacks to go with them, players leaving, an offensive line that continues to get taken advantage of, large holes in the roster, lack of play makers.

The most frustrating thing to me is that there has really been much progress year over year. We still look similar to the team that Frost took over. The only real progress has been the defense looking a little more solid. The secondary looked soft and we didn't have a huge pass rush, but we had linebackers filling gaps and defensive lineman looking stronger

We need to make some progress forward, especially on offense. I hope the Frosts schemes aren't so easy to defend that they are easy to game plan around. It sure seems like we have to fight very hard for every yard, while teams like Minnesota, Illinois and others can make their offense be consistent. Or maybe that was just against us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT