ADVERTISEMENT

Do we really realize what we are getting?

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
Let's be frank: we are not the destination job we once were. To get a coach with the character and of the caliber of Frost who it seems would be happy to finish his career here is unbelievably fortunate for us. Add to that the fact that he was really the only HC option that's out there who has a direct connection to how things were done at Nebraska when we were great, Riley falling on his face this season may turn out to be one of the most fortunate things that has happened in the history of the program.

I think Frost would have ended up here at some point, but the sooner tHe better!, pumped

Let's be frank: we are not the destination job we once were. To get a coach with the character and of the caliber of Frost who it seems would be happy to finish his career here is unbelievably fortunate for us. Add to that the fact that he was really the only HC option that's out there who has a direct connection to how things were done at Nebraska when we were great, Riley falling on his face this season may turn out to be one of the most fortunate things that has happened in the history of the program.
No doubt

I never really thought of Nebraska as a destination job, especially with the way some coaches seemed uninterested or tepid about wanting the job after Solich and Cally were let go. I thought of it as a hard sell after the massive success of Devaney and Osborne. OU certainly didn’t attract top flight coaches after Switzer, and no one really knew how Stoops would turn out at the time he was hired. Thankfully Frost was hired, but it’s going to be a lot of work to get the team to the next level.

No doubt he and his staff are up to the task.

I never really thought of Nebraska as a destination job, especially with the way some coaches seemed uninterested or tepid about wanting the job after Solich and Cally were let go. I thought of it as a hard sell after the massive success of Devaney and Osborne. OU certainly didn’t attract top flight coaches after Switzer, and no one really knew how Stoops would turn out at the time he was hired. Thankfully Frost was hired, but it’s going to be a lot of work to get the team to the next level.

No doubt he and his staff are up to the task.
There will be hard work no doubt, but I am tired of people saying Neb is not a special opportunity or place to win. We have the most wins over past 50 yrs or so. Fans, facilities, is all there just need a coach/leader and we have it finally I believe

Pretty soon will be giving Eichorst credit for this.Laughing

Reactions: Hoosker Du
My only point of disagreement would be that coach Riley lived up to his lifetime winning % in his 3 years here. I know what your saying but "falling on his face" is a bit strong. Rather, he performed like he's always done over his career.

Nice, respectable man - average coach.

There will be hard work no doubt, but I am tired of people saying Neb is not a special opportunity or place to win. We have the most wins over past 50 yrs or so. Fans, facilities, is all there just need a coach/leader and we have it finally I believe
Boom. Exactly. We can get the best coaches and players. No reason to think not.

I won't bow to anyone, Frost will bring back Husker toughness. We have needed physical strength and mental toughness for 20 yrs. this staff will create that.

Agreed

This should shut the stupid Iowa fans up now and there constant down play of Scott Frost as a real HC. They beat Auburn down which Iowa and there crap HC wouldn’t have been able to do.

I think Frost would have ended up here at some point, but the sooner tHe better!, pumped
I would like to think so. But had Scott ended up a Florida, Florida State, Texas A&M or even Tennessee, I'm not so sure of that.

pretty sure UCF didn't have 4 and 5 star guys running all over the field when they were kicking the power SEC AUBURN yesterday, it's called coaching, that is why they get paid the big bucks, to make the players they have better by coaching em up and getting them in a positon to succeed unlike the previous staff who would constantly try to fit the round peg in the square hole, it just doesn't work. it's going to be a fun run watching this process with Frosty and his crew.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT