ADVERTISEMENT

Who do we miss out on next?

cmblizz96

Walk On
Jun 19, 2001
With Raiola off the table will the domino's fall that we now also lose out on some of the other high profile players we brought in this spring. Notably the #1 5:star tackle or his defensive line team mate of his? We thought if Raiola committed it would open the flood gates for big time commitments
Would the opposite also be true?

With Raiola off the table will the domino's fall that we now also lose out on some of the other high profile players we brought in this spring. Notably the #1 5:star tackle or his defensive line team mate of his? We thought if Raiola committed it would open the flood gates for big time commitments
How are your Clones doing?😙

OK, I'll take the bait. We'll probably lose all of them. The old school 80's Husker fan in me still thinks that we can get that top back out of California, but that's probably unrealistic too. But I think we need to be optimistic and realistic going forward.
#1- This staff is working hard at recruiting. They are targeting the right kids-- the high 4 & 5 stars and then other high upside prospects (regardless of the number of stars).
#2- The top kids still have these two priorities- go to the NFL and win a lot of games. NU is doing very poorly at developing draft picks and they aren't winning a lot of games.

I think they are going to have to "prove it" first by sending kids (not one year transfers) to the NFL and finally going to bowl games. This staff will get that done. Maybe not next year, but good times are ahead of us! And then NU will start to sign those REAL 4 star recruits (not the Scott Frost clearance rack 4 stars) and even a couple five star studs.

OK, I'll take the bait. We'll probably lose all of them. The old school 80's Husker fan in me still thinks that we can get that top back out of California, but that's probably unrealistic too. But I think we need to be optimistic and realistic going forward.
#1- This staff is working hard at recruiting. They are targeting the right kids-- the high 4 & 5 stars and then other high upside prospects (regardless of the number of stars).
#2- The top kids still have these two priorities- go to the NFL and win a lot of games. NU is doing very poorly at developing draft picks and they aren't winning a lot of games.

I think they are going to have to "prove it" first by sending kids (not one year transfers) to the NFL and finally going to bowl games. This staff will get that done. Maybe not next year, but good times are ahead of us! And then NU will start to sign those REAL 4 star recruits (not the Scott Frost clearance rack 4 stars) and even a couple five star studs.
Yep

Reactions: cmblizz96
I miss your Mom.

How are your Clones doing?😙
FqOZ2JvXoAY66-s

I agree. Which is why this Fall is critical. We need a change in the Nebraska narrative sooner rather than later. It will be a disaster for Rhule and Nebraska if we go 4-8 or 3-9 this Fall once again. We must, at a bare minimum, go 6-6 and make a bowl game. But given our schedule this year even that would be a disappointment. We really, really need a 9-3 or 10-2 kind of season. If we do that, win the West and make the B1G title game then the narrative will flip and our recruiting ceiling will be very high. But a 6-6 or 7-5 season would still have us losing to teams like Purdue, Wisconsin, Minnesota and so on. That would not flip the script. I think Rhule understands just how freaking important this Fall is. Sims had better be the real deal. Our offensive line had better be much improved. Our defense needs to get off the damn field on third down this year and stop giving up so many damn gash plays.

I agree. Which is why this Fall is critical. We need a change in the Nebraska narrative sooner rather than later. It will be a disaster for Rhule and Nebraska if we go 4-8 or 3-9 this Fall once again. We must, at a bare minimum, go 6-6 and make a bowl game. But given our schedule this year even that would be a disappointment. We really, really need a 9-3 or 10-2 kind of season. If we do that, win the West and make the B1G title game then the narrative will flip and our recruiting ceiling will be very high. But a 6-6 or 7-5 season would still have us losing to teams like Purdue, Wisconsin, Minnesota and so on. That would not flip the script. I think Rhule understands just how freaking important this Fall is. Sims had better be the real deal. Our offensive line had better be much improved. Our defense needs to get off the damn field on third down this year and stop giving up so many damn gash plays.
I agree Pennsy. This year is critical. I will say that losing Thompson to the portal has really affected how I think this year will go. He was the returning leadership I thought could get us over the hump. I was never that impressed with Simms at GT. And if he goes down I think we’re in real trouble. I hope I’m wrong, because NU needs a better year.

I agree Pennsy. This year is critical. I will say that losing Thompson to the portal has really affected how I think this year will go. He was the returning leadership I thought could get us over the hump. I was never that impressed with Simms at GT. And if he goes down I think we’re in real trouble. I hope I’m wrong, because NU needs a better year.
Yeah, losing Thompson hurt

His leaving should tell you how much of a “leader” he was

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Nbc GIF by SVU

This is such a losing mentality to have. I'm happy the coaching staff took a big swing even if it didn't turn out how Husker fans had hoped. You win some recruitments, you lose some too. If you want to get back to being a top program, you have to be willing to go after the big fish. Not even Alabama or Georgia get every single one of their top prospects. Rather be swinging for 5 stars and top talent than settling for lower ranked prospects simply because they're easier to recruit. Go after the best players you can and build this program back up.

For sure. Will always wonder what happened there. I thought the same thing about Gebbia when Frost came in.
Meh. It was all about only having one year left, knowing he wasn’t going to beat out Sims and knowing he didn’t fit Rhule’s offense. He did the smart thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT