ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else check their bank account this morning and have a heart attack?

Anyone giving away the money out of spite...is a ****ing toolbox.

With that said, I will take your spite money!

See, there you go, putting labels on me and you don't even know me. It isn't out of "spite", for us, it is extra money and we have several non profits we support already, so why not bless them? It helps others but I guess it would be better to be selfish and just save it or spend it on green beer.

Got ours yesterday. I will give it away and they won't get my vote for it.

I said in an earlier thread, there have always been and will always be the rich and poor. Rich people know how to make, save and invest.
and spend. A LOT!
most rich people are only rich because they make a lot of money. most poor people are poor because they dont make a lot of money.
saving and investing have to do with making enough money to save and invest. at least half americans dont make enough to save and invest enough to make a difference.
there are actually MORE rich people who waste MORE money than there are poor people wasting money.
being rich isnt about being smart. just like being poor isnt about being dumb.
its exclusively about cash
nobody wastes more money than rich people because nobody has the money to waste like rich people

Last edited:
Ewsd2cSWgAIJNUb

See, there you go, putting labels on me and you don't even know me. It isn't out of "spite", for us, it is extra money and we have several non profits we support already, so why not bless them? It helps others but I guess it would be better to be selfish and just save it or spend it on green beer.
I didn't put a label on you. I said anyone giving this money away out of spite is toolbox.

Are you giving it away out of spite? If not, I did not label you.

If you've already spent today's check, never fear.

The 4th check is being discussed:

There probably will be.. they are in the hole now, and each new round of QE will deliver lower and lower GDP, while each new dollar of debt will go on the balance sheet at 100%. I"m guessing this stimulus payment is going to only add about 60 cents on the dollar to GDP.

About the only thing they could do with some long term benefit, is infrastructure spending, but even then, I doubt government can execute that without huge cost overruns.

I just wish more people would think like those "nasty rich people" (as is being potrayed above) and invest that money and make a heck of a lot more... maybe even the money that's been promised to them for so long REGARDLESS of political party... Think what that money could turn into just by investing in Bitcoin or perhaps an ALT Coin that while is risky could grow exponentially... This money could literally be life changing for some if they play it right... but sadly they either can't due to pure necessity just to live or it'll most likely get wasted

I just wish more people would think like those "nasty rich people" (as is being potrayed above) and invest that money and make a heck of a lot more... maybe even the money that's been promised to them for so long REGARDLESS of political party... Think what that money could turn into just by investing in Bitcoin or perhaps an ALT Coin that while is risky could grow exponentially... This money could literally be life changing for some if they play it right... but sadly they either can't due to pure necessity just to live or it'll most likely get wasted
nobody portrayed rich people as "nasty". they were portrayed as similar to poor people but with money.
not saving enough is an american problem. not rich or poor. not black or white. All americans

Reactions: GretnaShawn
You should get 2k per head. $600 previous plus the current $1400. Math 101
i got no problem helping out those who suffered the most during this time. But a whole lot of people dont really need this money and are just using it to pay off debt or saving it. $75,000 per year is way above average income.

Not a fan of the lump of coal as a gift.
ok since it's st pats day. you can peel your tators a day or two ahead of time, put them in a bowl and cover with water. place a washed lump of coal in the bowl with tators and they will stay fresh like just peeled.
no death ships today so a get used to goverment welfare check better than a kick in the rump.

Reactions: rrthusker
Sorry. Kindly post your bank account and routing number so I can send it your way. Sorry for the trouble.
Thanks!

And thank you, Uncle Joe!

And the part you won't like about this, is the coming inflation. Inflation will steal your standard of living, it's a massive tax on the average joe. There is no such thing as a free lunch. You can't tax and print money into prosperity and real wealth. While inflation will destroy your standard of living, I will grow richer owning real productive assets that can keep pace with inflation.

i got no problem helping out those who suffered the most during this time. But a whole lot of people dont really need this money and are just using it to pay off debt or saving it. $75,000 per year is way above average income.
$75k/year is pittance these days.

and spend. A LOT!
most rich people are only rich because they make a lot of money. most poor people are poor because they dont make a lot of money.
saving and investing have to do with making enough money to save and invest. at least half americans dont make enough to save and invest enough to make a difference.
there are actually MORE rich people who waste MORE money than there are poor people wasting money.
being rich isnt about being smart. just like being poor isnt about being dumb.
its exclusively about cash
nobody wastes more money than rich people because nobody has the money to waste like rich people
I think a better conversation is how did rich people become rich?

And the part you won't like about this, is the coming inflation. Inflation will steal your standard of living, it's a massive tax on the average joe. There is no such thing as a free lunch. You can't tax and print money into prosperity and real wealth. While inflation will destroy your standard of living, I will grow richer owning real productive assets that can keep pace with inflation.

I think the whole thing is a farce...This entire sham was done so certain states could be bailed out and I never asked for it and wished they'd never closed down the country to start with...in short, I agree with you 100000%

I received more than I should have. But ironically the amount I received is exactly what I owe for taxes. So it’s all going back to Uncle Sam

I think the whole thing is a farce...This entire sham was done so certain states could be bailed out and I never asked for it and wished they'd never closed down the country to start with...in short, I agree with you 100000%
So you went from ecstatic that you received (seemingly) much needed financial bailout assistance, so excited in fact that you started a thread about it, to claiming the whole bailout is a farce and a sham in just a few short hours later, and not just agreeing with a poster sharing this farcical thought by a 100%, but by a 100000%. LMAO.

So you went from ecstatic that you received (seemingly) much needed financial bailout assistance (so excited in fact that you started a thread about it) to claiming the whole bailout is a farce and a sham in just a few short hours later, and not just agreeing with a poster sharing this farcical thought by a 100%, but by a %100000. LMAO.

I didn't need it. Havent missed a single check. Got a raise...biggest bonus ever even. Farce. 100% farce.

I didn't need it. Havent missed a single check. Got a raise...biggest bonus ever even. Farce. 100% farce.
So if I can guess what you're inferring, you mean it should be more targeted so people like you shouldn't get it (and good luck figuring that out in a country of 330 mm people)? Or is the whole thing just a farce?

So if I can guess what you're inferring, you mean it should be more targeted so people like you shouldn't get it (and good luck figuring that out in a country of 330 mm people)? Or is the whole thing just a farce?

If this helps you...I think it is a blue state bail out disguised as something else...now if the people had gotten 90% of the money and the states got 10, I still wouldn't like it but OK. I can live with that. But that didn't happen. Blue states got bailed out and paid back for voting blue and the whole country gets stuck with the bill...and it would be easy in a country of this many people to figure out who should get it and who shouldn't and if it was done by any other organization but the the gov't, they'd be able to figure it out.

Reactions: HBK4life
If this helps you...I think it is a blue state bail out disguised as something else...now if the people had gotten 90% of the money and the states got 10, I still wouldn't like it but OK. I can live with that. But that didn't happen. Blue states got bailed out and paid back for voting blue and the whole country gets stuck with the bill...and it would be easy in a country of this many people to figure out who should get it and who shouldn't and if it was done by any other organization but the the gov't, they'd be able to figure it out.
What about the first bailout last summer that was essentially the same thing as this one?

Reactions: chicolby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT