ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Fitzpatrick...

I can't imagine that happening, two different positions.

Tony Butler. Lamar Jackson is another one, we'll find out in 24 hours how that ends up.

Agreed, but do you think they would take 1 or 2 "best available" if we have a couple scholarships to give? Or just hold onto them?

Agreed, but do you think they would take 1 or 2 "best available" if we have a couple scholarships to give? Or just hold onto them?

We have scholarships available, so who knows. I just can't see Davis back in the fold unless something drastically changes in the next 8-10 hours.

Brah....this $hit didn't go down because of weather. Get my drift?

I know people like to just assume if a recruit chooses a school down south over us, that said school must have cheated since we lost out, but I ain't going there every time. Petrino is a proven winner, Louisville has had more recent success than us, and resides in a nicer part of the country, weather wise. Maybe you're right, but it is far from a given.

We have scholarships available, so who knows. I just can't see Davis back in the fold unless something drastically changes in the next 8-10 hours.

What about Jacob Matthews? He just decommited from SDSU. Was he anywhere on our bubble?

can we please stop the talk of going to the Dakotas to poach recruits with zero FCS offers

I know people like to just assume if a recruit chooses a school down south over us, that said school must have cheated since we lost out, but I ain't going there every time. Petrino is a proven winner, Louisville has had more recent success than us, and resides in a nicer part of the country, weather wise. Maybe you're right, but it is far from a given.

Out of curiosity, what exactly has BP won as a coach?
One other note, as someone that lives pretty close to Louisville I can tell you the weather isn't much different than what you would see in Lincoln.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Has a so-called "silent commit" ever actually ended up signing with us? Heck, didn't Riley even announce at a press conference months ago that they had a "silent commit", but then he committed to someone else a few days later?

Pretty sure there's no such thing as a silent commit.

C'mon, enough with the negativity. Sometimes you are really reaching.

can we please stop the talk of going to the Dakotas to poach recruits with zero FCS offers

I'm hardly a "Nebraska kid at all costs homer", but it did seem odd that he decommitted within minutes of the Dez thing. Not sure of where we stood with him or he wasn't worthy of a look.

Just trying to figure out where the 'ship will go, if anywhere.

One other note, as someone that lives pretty close to Louisville I can tell you the weather isn't much different than what you would see in Lincoln.

Did he not make winners out of Arkansas and Louisville? Petrino's coaching ability is highly regarded, period. If that doesn't sit well with some Husker fans right now I get it. But my guess is, if every CFB fan and sportswriter ranked every head coach right now, a lot of them would have Petrino higher than Riley. Is he a top 5 talent? No, and I am not saying otherwise, I am saying he's got a lot better coaching reputation than a lot of Husker fans are giving him credit for today.

Did he not make winners out of Arkansas and Louisville? Petrino's coaching ability is highly regarded, period. If that doesn't sit well with some Husker fans right now I get it. But my guess is, if every CFB fan and sportswriter ranked every head coach right now, a lot of them would have Petrino higher than Riley. Is he a top 5 talent? No, and I am not saying otherwise, I am saying he's got a lot better coaching reputation than a lot of Husker fans are giving him credit for today.

The only knock on BP is character, which may or may not count for anything in a sport as highly contested as football.

On the field, there's no reason for a kid to shy away, unless he plays D.

Houston Nutt did rather well at Arkansas and HS built Louisville's program. Not saying he can't coach, but he's never won anything as a coach...

Dez decommitted from the same coach/school and his main recruiter at UL took a job somewhere else. He has been telling out coaching forever that he was 100 % and then this happens. Explain please.

Dez decommitted from the same coach/school and his main recruiter at UL took a job somewhere else. He has been telling out coaching forever that he was 100 % and then this happens. Explain please.
How is all this new - this happens every year to a lot of schools. That is why you do not count on the late commits and also why you sure do not cancel any other recruits visits because an 18 year old told you they were 100%

Reactions: leodisflowers

Simple, he's a smoking hot football prospect who's all of 18 years old who has changed his mind a few times. It happens, hundreds of times, every recruiting cycle.

I don't think its a huge mystery. they had a QB prospect in town he hit it off with. They sat down and told him they basically have a video game offense were they could just line up and chuck Dez the ball, while at the NU the plan was to eventually learn 3 WR positions to essentially do the same thing.

In essence, what they told this kid was playmakers make plays, and just go out with your boy over there and ride the train. Nebraska was probably viewed as equally viable, but the longer harder route to becoming Calvin Johnson.

C'mon, enough with the negativity. Sometimes you are really reaching.

Wasn't meant to be negative. It just seems like every year close to signing day, we hear about multiple "silent commits" that end up signing with other schools. We have had 2 such cases already this year.

Maybe Dez did commit to our coaches in private. But it just seems like most of the time, silent commits turn out to be unsubstantiated rumors.

A bit warmer, weather is crappy but just in a different way. A cold rainy day in Appalachia sucks worse than a colder sunny day in NE.

That's too bad...I really liked his tape. My favorite part is his dad thinking Jackson will end up being a heisman contender. Who knows...that may be true...but if so, I hope he likes watching his son block downfield as it's not going to be due to Jackson's arm.

Wasn't meant to be negative. It just seems like every year close to signing day, we hear about multiple "silent commits" that end up signing with other schools. We have had 2 such cases already this year.

Maybe Dez did commit to our coaches in private. But it just seems like most of the time, silent commits turn out to be unsubstantiated rumors.

Clouse and/or Schaefer confirmed Dez as silent on twitter.

I don't think its a huge mystery. they had a QB prospect in town he hit it off with. They sat down and told him they basically have a video game offense were they could just line up and chuck Dez the ball, while at the NU the plan was to eventually learn 3 WR positions to essentially do the same thing.

In essence, what they told this kid was playmakers make plays, and just go out with your boy over there and ride the train. Nebraska was probably viewed as equally viable, but the longer harder route to becoming Calvin Johnson.

So...they just went ahead and saved this pitch for the last second?

Sorry, jflores. I certainly agree that people changes their minds; however, I think a person is foolish to think that something sketchy went on here.

So...they just went ahead and saved this pitch for the last second?

Sorry, jflores. I certainly agree that people changes their minds; however, I think a person is foolish to think that something sketchy went on here.

Might possibly be, I'm not ruling it out.

There's been zero actual proof presented though.

A bit warmer, weather is crappy but just in a different way. A cold rainy day in Appalachia sucks worse than a colder sunny day in NE.

i'm partial to that area of Kentucky. It's got Lincoln beat 12 ways to Sunday.
I'm sippin' a bit of Elijah Craig as I post! Bring on that "Kentucky Rain."
bourbontrail(1).jpg

Might possibly be, I'm not ruling it out.

There's been zero actual proof presented though.

And I'm not ruling out what you said - I just don't think it's logical to presume that was all that happened given the full picture of Dez's recruiting. Of course, there is never going to be proof of the kinds of stuff that is routinely happening at southern schools.

ADVERTISEMENT