ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Fitzpatrick...

If Riley and Williams can visit him this week, I will feel better. Those two can recruit and have a history of putting WR's in the NFL.

Still has to make you wonder why he is taking a visit that he decommitted to in the first place.

I thought we had him locked down I'm afraid we going to lose this one.

Reactions: huskerssalts
He will be going to Louisville. It's insane but I have my thoughts around it I'll keep to myself until after signing day.

I think Fitz might not think he will see much playing time early in his college career if he comes to NU. We have one of the best WR groups in the country and I think he wants playing time right away. That along with some possible future WR's in 2017 Cool, he might not want to come to a school in which his position is so loaded with talent.

Yeah I'd put it at around 90%. If he comes here it's because Riley crushed it in the 11th hour but I'm not sure he can overcome it.

I just don't see how you de-commit and make a big deal out of it then end of re-committing to that same school.

I got my hopes here still, Butler did say hes pretty sure hes got Fitzpatrick N. We will find out soon enough. My guess is its between us and UL. But im fairly certain he was the other silent commit along with Butler. Remember we had 2...its either Fitz or Lamar Jackson. Either one is a good commitment i guess, but im greedy and want both.

We have butler and if Lamar is the other silent commit then we sit pretty good with Dez considering they all wanted to play together.

I think Fitz might not think he will see much playing time early in his college career if he comes to NU. We have one of the best WR groups in the country and I think he wants playing time right away. That along with some possible future WR's in 2017 Cool, he might not want to come to a school in which his position is so loaded with talent.

Do we really have one of the best WR groups, really? Just because they are a relatively strong unit compared to other units on our team doesn't make them great compared to Top 10 teams.

And no receiver the quality of Fitz is going to even consider competition coming in following years. And how many 2017 WR commits do we have anyway?

Any time Petrino is involved there is reason for worry so I agree with you. That guy is a recruiting violation waiting to happen.
Absolutely, but it is odd that Fitz had already decommitted from Louisville, after being committed for over a year. The kid had already seen and heard everything they have to offer and decommitted. What could have possibly changed?

Absolutely, but it is odd that Fitz had already decommitted from Louisville, after being committed for over a year. The kid had already seen and heard everything they have to offer and decommitted. What could have possibly changed?

Who knows. Kids are crazy these days. I'm not that old (31), but if I tried to pull any of this crap with my parents. Not happening. The process would be take your visits, narrow it down, but know that commitment is something you stand by. Recruiting is such a rat race. Definitely entertaining and suspenseful.

If we can't beat out a school he already de-committed from, Indiana, or Arizona I will be very sad. Those along with Nebraska are his final 4.
jcbl06wh_bigger.jpg
Dez Fitzpatrick0⃣1⃣@dezfitz8

Great visit with Coach dub
1f534.png
26aa.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
#GBR

5:19 PM - 28 Jan 2016

Barring a last minute change of plans, I have a good feeling about Dez and LJ.
He wants attention. The top recruits don't stop getting recruited until the last minute.
He wasn't getting that level of attention.
He wants the spotlight when he announces and he won't get that if he doesn't allow others to keep recruiting him.
This is just going thru the motions.
Recruiting is almost too much to tolerate as an adult.

He wants attention. The top recruits don't stop getting recruited until the last minute.
He wants the spotlight when he announces and he won't get that if he doesn't allow others to keep recruiting him.
Speaking of too much to tolerate as an adult . . .

Who wants attention? Yo...

He was very tight with Louisville's DB coach who was his main recruiter.
That coach got poached by Missisippi State so he decommitted.
Louisville has a new coach who is recruiting him.

Still think he's ours.

Do we really have one of the best WR groups, really? Just because they are a relatively strong unit compared to other units on our team doesn't make them great compared to Top 10 teams.

And no receiver the quality of Fitz is going to even consider competition coming in following years. And how many 2017 WR commits do we have anyway?

It's not just us saying that about the WR group. They put up some good numbers this year. And they are all basically coming back. Plus, we are adding DPE to the mix.

I was thinking for awhile now that Fitzpatrick was 2nd silent commit but after reading dudes post tonight with Lamar Jacksons interview, its now crystal clear Lamar Jacksons our silent commit. Which had me worried about Fitzpatrick. Hopefully Kaz is right and we get Fitz too. Still stoked that we appear to already have Lamar Jackson....man we needed this guy possibly more then any other recruit.

I was thinking for awhile now that Fitzpatrick was 2nd silent commit but after reading dudes post tonight with Lamar Jacksons interview, its now crystal clear Lamar Jacksons our silent commit. Which had me worried about Fitzpatrick. Hopefully Kaz is right and we get Fitz too. Still stoked that we appear to already have Lamar Jackson....man we needed this guy possibly more then any other recruit.
why? there are plenty of CBs on the roster with skill and talent. and more coming in with or without LJ. in fact, its getting kinda crowded in the DB area with lots of young ones. they won't all play but they all think they will

why? there are plenty of CBs on the roster with skill and talent. and more coming in with or without LJ. in fact, its getting kinda crowded in the DB area with lots of young ones. they won't all play but they all think they will

Rivals has LJ as the #1 player at his position in the country.

And im sorry old timers, we need to cut ties and move forward with Under Armour and Nike....my preference is under armour. All the youngsters are all about UA. I have 4 boys (17, 14, 11 and 10) and they all about UA. I got a feeling it wouldn't help a lot but it definitely wouldn't hurt any. Adidas has long fallin and not going to pop back up anytime soon.

Rivals has LJ as the #1 player at his position in the country.
that doesn't mean he will beat out players who have more experience in the system.
there are players all over the country who don't perform up to their ranking. experience is huge.

Would be awesome to see D FitzPatrick in that exact uniform next year, i guess we find out tomorrow for sure or not....its gut check time.
1/3 of these recruits won't even be around in 4 years. it isn't life or death.
many top ranked recruits will disappoint. many lower ranked recruits will thrive.
many recruits never end up contributing. the average is 1/3 will disappear without contributing

Well brotha id rather get the highest ranked and best guy possible then go by that theory. I got to admit Yorocco you haven't exactly been the brightest ray of sun shine around here lately (asking why Lamar Jackson is a need, why we hope to get Fitzpatrick to help our WR corp and theres been a few other posts i seen of yours). But no thank you, id rather get Lamar Jackson, D FitzPatrick and Simmons that pass them and recruit a few 2 star guys because we have some guys already on the team and have some experience under there belt.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT