ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Fitzpatrick...

siebo454

Sophomore
Dec 20, 2005
If we can't beat out a school he already de-committed from, Indiana, or Arizona I will be very sad. Those along with Nebraska are his final 4.

I do remember the Reese tweets, Butler and Fitzpatrick where both trying to persuade Reese to pick the Huskers...thats got to mean something. if Fitzpatrick wasn't already leaning towards the Huskers then why would he care which direction Reese went? We will find out in a few weeks for sure.

He has stated that Indiana has the best offense in the B1G by far. Platitudes for the faithful I'm sure, but I'm not going to count out chickens yet.

Reactions: SC_'sker
He has stated that Indiana has the best offense in the B1G by far. Platitudes for the faithful I'm sure, but I'm not going to count out chickens yet.
odd group of schools for a top ranked WR.
No SEC or B12 interest.

No SEC or B12 interest.

Nobody is saying they are blue chip programs, but all of those schools have had legit offensive talent in the last several years.

Randel El was a beast at IU, and Brees and PU. Not every top kid is going to one of a handful of schools that hog championship trophies. I think we land him, but we should at least be aware that top kids routinely go to schools that don't have much in their trophy cases.

No SEC or B12 interest.

I know it's really shocking that a WR from MICHIGAN would mainly have Big Ten schools after him and wouldn't have have SEC or Big 12 interest.....o_O

Last edited:
I know it's really shocking that a WR from MICHIGAN would mainly have Big Ten schools after him and wouldn't have have SEC or Big 12 interest.....o_O
When Michigan, tOSU, MSU and ND all go to battle (or even 2 of 4) for a recruit from the state of Michigan we usually see top programs from other P5 conferences at least try even if the kid has zero interest of leaving the area.

No SEC or B12 interest.
Actually, he had some interest from the SEC with offers from Kentucky and Mississippi State but no Big 12 offers. Not sure why a Michigan kid not having a BIG 12 offer is even notable when he has Big10, SEC, and PAC 10 offers .

Go back and listen to Tony Butler on 1620 the zone earlier this week. He said that he has been in contact with Dez on a regular basis and says he is 95% committed to the Huskers. That should be encouraging.
You didn't hear Butler's comments correctly. See the BlueHouseKey comment below.

Actually, he had some interest from the SEC with offers from Kentucky and Mississippi State but no Big 12 offers. Not sure why a Michigan kid not having a BIG 12 offer is even notable when he has Big10, SEC, and PAC 10 offers .
none of those SEC schools went after him hard. and yes i would expect a LOT of big time schools to recruit a WR like Dez. it is happening all over the country as we speak.
the programs recruiting dez are mediocre.
im not implying anything about Dez. maybe everyone knows he was NEB all the way and he just invented these schools to keep attention on himself until signing day

none of those SEC schools went after him hard. and yes i would expect a LOT of big time schools to recruit a WR like Dez. it is happening all over the country as we speak.
im not implying anything about Dez. maybe everyone knows he was NEB all the way and he just invented these schools to keep attention on himself until signing day
You say you're not implying anything but actually you are. You are consistently looking at husker recruits that are highly regarded and continuing to say they aren't getting other offers from top programs, implying that something fishy is going on. Either on nebraska's side or in this case, the recruit's side.

Can't you just be happy with some of these recruits without coming up with excuse after excuse as to how they are even interested in Nebraska?

Reactions: lovetheskers
Your argument is futile considering ProFootball Focus ranks Nebraska as having the #1 college receiving corp in the country for 2016. Quite honestly, most of the SEC would gladly trade wideouts with Nebraska.

Reactions: jeans15
I love comments like these!

A. How do you know how hard the SEC schools went after him? Do you have some insider info on Kentucky or Mississippi state that the rest of us are unaware of?
B. Is it possible that Dez had no interest in those SEC schools and that influenced their interest level?
C. How many offers and how many power 5 conference offers does a recruit need to have to get off your mediocre list because Dez has 13 power 5 offers including one from the home state school (Michigan)?
D Why do you feel the need to comment that your not implying anything when you so obviously are?

Kid seems to be a player and Dr. Route wants him, supposedly our #1 WR target.

Dr. Route has a track record with guys far less heralded than Fitz, I think we'll be ok. He's certainly no less physically gifted than Reilly, Swift, Peterson, or any of the other productive receivers we've had here in the past several years.

Reactions: lovetheskers
I love comments like these!

A. How do you know how hard the SEC schools went after him? Do you have some insider info on Kentucky or Mississippi state that the rest of us are unaware of?
B. Is it possible that Dez had no interest in those SEC schools and that influenced their interest level?
C. How many offers and how many power 5 conference offers does a recruit need to have to get off your mediocre list because Dez has 13 power 5 offers including one from the home state school (Michigan)?
D Why do you feel the need to comment that your not implying anything when you so obviously are?
He doesn't and never has had a commitable offer to Michigan.

He doesn't and never has had a commitable offer to Michigan.
And Michigan St wasn't interested either. But just because he was judged to be a bit flaky or his Dad a bit of an issue or whatever the theory we can buy into, doesn't mean they are right about him. The kid can catch the ball, he's big and our staff is high on him. That's enough for me.

And Michigan St wasn't interested either. But just because he was judged to be a bit flaky or his Dad a bit of an issue or whatever the theory we can buy into, doesn't mean they are right about him. The kid can catch the ball, he's big and our staff is high on him. That's enough for me.
its OBVIOUS other schools are not recruiting him
i think he will be good.
but you got to admit.
dismuke, jackson, and fitzpatrick deserve more attention from big boys and aren't getting any.
i see late offers coming in for players rated lower and committed longer.

its OBVIOUS other schools are not recruiting him
i think he will be good.
but you got to admit.
dismuke, jackson, and fitzpatrick deserve more attention from big boys and aren't getting any.
i see late offers coming in for players rated lower and committed longer.
Holy crap we get it... You can stop saying this in every single post you make. Ugh.

The general book on him that I've heard is he is a high floor low ceiling guy...will probably be a solid contributor and even play somewhat early...he is a good get....however, if you are hoping he turns into a star...Well that is why many programs went after other kids

Yeah...can't imagine that there is a lot of drama here looking at that competition.

Louisville has been more competitive than we have for the last decade or so and Arizona just as competitive....not to mention Tucson isn't a terrible place.

Louisville has been more competitive than we have for the last decade or so and Arizona just as competitive....not to mention Tucson isn't a terrible place.
Looks like Dez has an Official Visit to Louisville this weekend per his Twitter...

According to him he has already made his commitment video as well... The way I see it you can throw out Arizona... So he is down to 3 schools after that. Indiana, Louisville, & Nebraska. He and his dad have said he wants to play in a pro style offense. So that would mean Indiana is on the outside looking in. Which leaves us with Louisville and Nebraska. If he has already made his video and just Monday said he is going back to Louisville I think that bodes well for the Huskers. He and Lamar Jackson are good friends and I think we end up landing them both #dreambig

Reactions: sparky62
No.

He's going to be a Husker. Just wait after he gets his in home visit with Riley and Williams. He could still take his visit to Louisville, but his old recruiter was hired at Mississippi State. Which is big.
Didn't Riley already do his in-home with Dez? It sounds like Louisville is planning to put the full-court press on Dez this weekend.

Didn't Riley already do his in-home with Dez? It sounds like Louisville is planning to put the full-court press on Dez this weekend.
I suppose their coach will introduce him to some of his "girlfriends". It works for their bball team.

Reactions: headcard
No.

He's going to be a Husker. Just wait after he gets his in home visit with Riley and Williams. He could still take his visit to Louisville, but his old recruiter was hired at Mississippi State. Which is big.

I hope I'm wrong, but when have these types of things gone well for Nebraska?

I hope I'm wrong, but when have these types of things gone well for Nebraska?
Riley landed some darned good kids late in the process last year that were highly recruited guys. We haven't had a living room closer like Riley since Tom retired. It sometimes pays to have the rep as a really nice guy with tremendous communication skills.

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT