ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Fitzpatrick...

that doesn't mean he will beat out players who have more experience in the system.
there are players all over the country who don't perform up to their ranking. experience is huge.
1/3 of these recruits won't even be around in 4 years. it isn't life or death.
many top ranked recruits will disappoint. many lower ranked recruits will thrive.
many recruits never end up contributing. the average is 1/3 will disappear without contributing
And once again, all you do is post negative posts. That is the only thing you know how to do.

So let me get this straight... Your argument against Jackson is that he may not pan out and we have plenty of experience there already. As I have stated elsewhere already, his addition brings competition, which is always, every time, a good thing. I just don't get you and your constantly negative posts no matter what good news might be present.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Right, i was just questioning that about yorocco. I don't see why any Husker fan wouldnt want Fitzpatrick or even more Lamar Jackson. I wouldn't care if we had a ton of talent there already, dudes a beast and at the worst, hed push the starters to do better. And hell Jackson and Simmons can play multiple spots, if CB or WR didn't work out, they could move to another spot and be just ask good. We NEED athletes like this to get back to the top again.

Last edited:
And once again, all you do is post negative posts. That is the only thing you know how to do.

So let me get this straight... Your argument against Jackson is that he may not pan out and we have plenty of experience there already. As I have stated elsewhere already, his addition brings competition, which is always, every time, a good thing. I just don't get you and your constantly negative posts no matter what good news might be present.

It's not so much that his posts are negative, as much as they are just completely oblivious and dopey. I used to think he was an irritating turd just to be an irritating turd, but I'm beginning to think he has led with his helmet one too many times..

Reactions: timnsun

i didn't say they aren't any good.
i said whether or not they commit to NU or somewhere else is not life or death to the program.
every february fans get all caught up in the hype of rankings despite the fact that many of these kids never contribute to the program. and it is a coin toss as to which ones will flame out and which ones will thrive.
LJ as good as he is, may not even start for NU until his jr or sr year. there are other good players at his position.
my whole point is a couple recruits going somewhere else won't really hurt the program much.
it will survive
so take a deep breath if one of these last ones goes elsewhere.
the class is very good already

i said whether or not they commit to NU or somewhere else is not life or death to the program.
every february fans get all caught up in the hype of rankings despite the fact that many of these kids never contribute to the program. and it is a coin toss as to which ones will flame out and which ones will thrive.
LJ as good as he is, may not even start for NU until his jr or sr year. there are other good players at his position.
my whole point is a couple recruits going somewhere else won't really hurt the program much.
it will survive
Thank you for explaining, I see where you are coming from a little more.

I do think we are good, but need these guys as well. Even if they don't start right away, what we are doing is building some depth and a lot of competition. If we don't get 2 or 3 more quality guys, this latest flurry will be disappointing.

Reactions: otismotis08
Thank you for explaining, I see where you are coming from a little more.

I do think we are good, but need these guys as well. Even if they don't start right away, what we are doing is building some depth and a lot of competition. If we don't get 2 or 3 more quality guys, this latest flurry will be disappointing.

#28 right now. GBR

Reactions: timnsun
Tony Butler just posted..."Dez will always be my brother!!"

Seems to me to mean that Desmond is going to stick with Louisville.

I'm not sure what happened (what was offered :rolleyes:) down in Louisville over the weekend but our chances are slim to none right now. Wow!

Have the coaches made a strong effort for him down the stretch, or have they backed off a bit?

Last edited:
it will survive
That is correct if we kill it in the upcoming years, but there isn't any guarantee of that. As timsun correctly stated, the more quality the better, if for no other reason, it builds depth, which NU has been short on for many years. I am not going to get too worked up about recruiting at this point, but missing out on a couple of studs at the end every year will hurt. Of the final big 3 we are waiting on, losing DF is less damaging than losing Jackson and Simmons in my book, but would be really nice to get all 3.

I just saw one of the directors of TOS switched his prediction from Nebraska to Louisville. This same director also switched his prediction from Nebraska to Iowa for Matt Farniok the same day he committed to us, so lets hope he is wrong again. I have a bad feeling about this one!!!!

Reactions: segroene
Have the coaches made a strong effort for him down the stretch, or have they backed off a bit?
Same thing I was wondering. Either they did, or BP made an offer that he couldn't refuse. Wondering how often a player decommits from the place he ends up eventually signing with.

6Tcbf.jpg

Even if Fitz was a silent commit, he was still taking visits. It's easy enough back out of a verbal before NSD, and a silent verbal is even easier. So, I guess I don't understand why a plan B wasn't being kept warm. This staff doesn't appear to have a problem turning a cold shoulder to what would be a fine prospect if they feel they've got a better catch. Maybe it's just a clear pecking order combined with brutal honesty, but they may have gotten burnt this time.

Even if Fitz was a silent commit, he was still taking visits. It's easy enough back out of a verbal before NSD, and a silent verbal is even easier. So, I guess I don't understand why a plan B wasn't being kept warm. This staff doesn't appear to have a problem turning a cold shoulder to what would be a fine prospect if they feel they've got a better catch. Maybe it's just a clear pecking order combined with brutal honesty, but they may have gotten burnt this time.
Who said there isn't a plan B?

He was, which will sting even more considering signing day is Wednesday.

Do you think they would throw an offer back out to Davis if we lose Fitz?

I'm actually pretty confident about Simmons, the buzz was his folks didn't go and he wasn't really wowed. I kinda expect him to be N.

Would love to have Fitz and Simmons, but we could certainly make do with just Simmons.

Reactions: Redblood23
Sucks about Fitzpatrick. Still pleased with the class considering the way the coaches finished it out. One ground for criticism, it seems to me, is the lack of numbers and defensive tackles. It seems those guys we missed out on late in the fall were being counted on.

Reserving judgment until everyone is signed, but anyone care to weigh-in at this point why we won't sign 25, and probably more like 21 (optimistically, assuming Simmons)?

Fitzy prolly saw our forecast and had some second thoughts. If I were Petrino, I'd have been sending Fitzy weather updates for the last several days.

Has a so-called "silent commit" ever actually ended up signing with us? Heck, didn't Riley even announce at a press conference months ago that they had a "silent commit", but then he committed to someone else a few days later?

Pretty sure there's no such thing as a silent commit.

Has a so-called "silent commit" ever actually ended up signing with us? Heck, didn't Riley even announce at a press conference months ago that they had a "silent commit", but then he committed to someone else a few days later?

Pretty sure there's no such thing as a silent commit.

That was Tremayne Anchrum

And Tony Butler was one. Lamar Jackson is likely another.

Do you think they would throw an offer back out to Davis if we lose Fitz?

I'm actually pretty confident about Simmons, the buzz was his folks didn't go and he wasn't really wowed. I kinda expect him to be N.

Would love to have Fitz and Simmons, but we could certainly make do with just Simmons.
Agreed.. If Fitz chooses UL the only thing that will make me feel better is landing Simmons.. Could have used them both though.. Sucks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT