ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Encourages Fighting

But that's how you get the facts. Now how are you going to form an opinion on what happened? By watching with your own two eyes?
How Dare You Greta GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2 and headcard
I watched the video and know the facts. Pat McAfee, will put on his wife beater (like all real journalists) yell and scream his opinion, and you will take it as fact, if it is what you want to hear. But that is not what "facts" are.
it would've just been what Prime said and why from the horse's mouth

that's it

I fully understand the concept of "I don't like him so he's wrong and/or I don't care what he says" and am not here to argue the merits or lack thereof of going through life that way

I also hate CU and enjoy the vitriol we all still hold for our true rivals

I don't like either one of those guys, so I have zero interest in what either says.
interesting.

you must form your worldview based on extremely limited data if this is your approach (I suspect it's not).

I, on the other hand, listen almost exclusively to what people I don't like say.

it would've just been what Prime said and why from the horse's mouth

that's it

I fully understand the concept of "I don't like him so he's wrong and/or I don't care what he says" and am not here to argue the merits or lack thereof of going through life that way

I also hate CU and enjoy the vitriol we all still hold for our true rivals

Hilarious that you can’t see that this is exactly what you are doing. You have decided that your dude “Prime” can do no wrong and you will justify anything he does no matter how stupid.

Have you noticed that the only posters applauding this behavior and the three “Coach Prime” fanboys that lose their shit anytime he’s questioned? Yet you assume everyone else in the thread, who disagrees with his approach is just doing it because they don’t like him. The reality is, you are only OK with this because of the Coach and if Kurt, Burt, Dabo or whoever was doing this you would have a completely different view.

Reactions: BleedRed78
1. You have decided that your dude “Prime” can do no wrong and you will justify anything he does no matter how stupid.

2. Yet you assume everyone else in the thread, who disagrees with his approach is just doing it because they don’t like him. The reality is, you are only OK with this because of the Coach and if Kurt, Burt, Dabo or whoever was doing this you would have a completely different view.
1. Incorrect. Ive said over and over there’s plenty not to like about Deion without manufacturing reasons like this

2. Correct. A couple even admitted as much. This wouldn’t be news if any other coach said it. How do I know? Because every coach in America says the same thing to his team (have each other’s backs) and it’s not been news.

interesting.

you must form your worldview based on extremely limited data if this is your approach (I suspect it's not).

I, on the other hand, listen almost exclusively to what people I don't like say.
kong, I'm guessing if I went back over the 207 replies in this thread and made it a: (A) Agree with Sanders approach or

(B) Do Not Agree with Sanders approach, the large majority would be in the 2nd group.

However, IF I eliminated your and Mrs. Jean's take, it would be outrageously Anti Sanders approach. Agree?

kong, I'm guessing if I went back over the 207 replies in this thread and made it a: (A) Agree with Sanders approach or

(B) Do Not Agree with Sanders approach, the large majority would be in the 2nd group.

However, IF I eliminated your and Mrs. Jean's take, it would be outrageously Anti Sanders approach. Agree?

There is one more too (and their multiple screen names) but they aren't at all biased, it is literally everyone else.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
1. Incorrect. Ive said over and over there’s plenty not to like about Deion without manufacturing reasons like this

2. Correct. A couple even admitted as much. This wouldn’t be news if any other coach said it. How do I know? Because every coach in America says the same thing to his team (have each other’s backs) and it’s not been news.
Yes, and that advice from almost every coach would be similar to what Tuco said: (Paraphrasing)

Pull that dumbass # 68 away from the fight and get him off the field before the team suffers from his actions.

Of course

Because most read the headline, read the out of context quote and/or have preconceived notions (emotion)

Plus, it’s nice to swim in the warm current

Groupthink =/= correct

you're right.

silly me for thinking anyone would like to hear facts instead of narratives.

carry on.
kong, you would be wise to adopt the following mantra:

You will know true genius when all the idiots in the Confederacy are lined up against him.

Of course

Because most read the headline, read the out of context quote and/or have preconceived notions (emotion)

Plus, it’s nice to swim in the warm current

Groupthink =/= correct
I think your initial thought "because most read........have preconceived notions (emotions)", falls on its face when you look at the approach Tuco took in his explanation. I seen no just reading of a headline, I seen nothing taken out of context, and I seen no preconceived notions. It was concise and simply came from a position of level headedness.

No, every coach does not say what “Prime” did. He didn’t just say to play for your teammates or have their back. He told his players to jump into a fight. “One fights, we all fight.”

Good coaches preach toughness, discipline, self control. You honestly believe coaches like TO, Saban, Smart, etc are out there telling their players to fight on the field? To jump into an altercation? No because that hurts the team.

And if it was any other coach on the planet you could admit it.

I think your initial thought "because most read........have preconceived notions (emotions)", falls on its face when you look at the approach Tuco took in his explanation. I seen no just reading of a headline, I seen nothing taken out of context, and I seen no preconceived notions. It was concise and simply came from a position of level headedness.
Tuco is focused on the fight, not the message

His response, while obviously correct, is neither here nor there

Prime may have done exactly what Tuco advised off camera. Or not. We don’t know & that wasn’t the point.

It’s not fake news, he said it. Your trying to invent what he really meant, or what you think he might have said off camera is fake news.
Thinking a P5 coach is encouraging his entire team to fight one another is laughable confirmation bias

Somewhere Don Lemon is blushing

• Haha
Tuco is focused on the fight, not the message

His response, while obviously correct, is neither here nor there

Prime may have done exactly what Tuco advised off camera. Or not. We don’t know & that wasn’t the point.
Not sure that my focus was not on the message. I simply believe that getting your player away from a bad situation is better than joining him in a fight. I would rather have had all 10 other offensive players run to him and pull him away from the DB rather than join him in a fight against the other team. If #68 was the "victim" in the situation, that could possibly make a difference in my opinion. But that wasn't the case. #68 was being a dumbass, and going to his defense by pulling him away from the situation and making a bigger and dumber move would be a move of having your teammates back.

Thinking a P5 coach is encouraging his entire team to fight one another is laughable confirmation bias

I agree it was dumb, but he said it, it’s on video in this very thread, feel free to watch it again.

You are choosing to ignore what the coach actually said, on video, because you’re such a big fanboy of his.

Not sure that my focus was not on the message. I simply believe that getting your player away from a bad situation is better than joining him in a fight. I would rather have had all 10 other offensive players run to him and pull him away from the DB rather than join him in a fight against the other team.
We agree.

Anything but turning your back on a teammate (the message).

You’ll notice he didn’t yell at the players who were actively breaking up the scuffle to instead fight their teammate (fake news).

Just the 2 who left their teammate high and dry.

Last edited:

Look, Deion was a great former player. He's all about hyping his brand, no one can disagree with that.

I wouldn't put it past him to have told #68 at some point earlier to get into a skirmish and see what the other players do.
Outside of his star players, he don;t even know these guys.

That gave him a chance to get on his soapbox with video to highlight a nothing-burger of a pushing contest.

I would almost bet you, back in the day, TO had a suspicion when things were about to erupt with his squad of Christian Peters, Wistrom, Clinton Childs Lawrence and some of those other aggressive types.

Maybe a few days before a big game, TO seen nothing wrong with a couple of guys going at it. At some point, I suppose you have to let those types just get into it and let it rip.

But, it wasn't gonna be others jumping in. And he definitely wouldn't have chewed their ass for not having their teammates back, rather it would have been pull the dude away before the penalty flags start to fly.

Even in the games with those volatile, physical, aggressive types, how many fights can you remember a Nebraska player having in an actual football game?

Ironic from the fake news perpetuator who wants a rigged popular vote to decide things
Yeah, right? You want me to physically go back into the entire thread and count every fcvking response? I have lots of time, if it will shut you up about a faked vote pertaining to THIS thread.

I'll do a spreadsheet, then you can try to dissect it.

Look, Deion was a great former player. He's all about hyping his brand, no one can disagree with that.

I wouldn't put it past him to have told #68 at some point earlier to get into a skirmish and see what the other players do.
Outside of his star players, he don;t even know these guys.

That gave him a chance to get on his soapbox with video to highlight a nothing-burger of a pushing contest.

I would almost bet you, back in the day, TO had a suspicion when things were about to erupt with his squad of Christian Peters, Wistrom, Clinton Childs Lawrence and some of those other aggressive types.

Maybe a few days before a big game, TO seen nothing wrong with a couple of guys going at it. At some point, I suppose you have to let those types just get into it and let it rip.

But, it wasn't gonna be others jumping in. And he definitely wouldn't have chewed their ass for not having their teammates back, rather it would have been pull the dude away before the penalty flags start to fly.

Even in the games with those volatile, physical, aggressive types, how many fights can you remember a Nebraska player having in an actual football game?
I have no idea why you continue to try to equate Deion with the greatest college football coach to ever live.

You said earlier he probably fears all his guys are “me” guys. I think you’re right.

Thus, this extraordinarily common and elementary message to his team.

Yeah, right? You want me to physically go back into the entire thread and count every fcvking response? I have lots of time, if it will shut you up about a faked vote pertaining to THIS thread.

I'll do a spreadsheet, then you can try to dissect it.
Come on, that was funny

I have no idea why you continue to try to equate Deion with the greatest college football coach to ever live.

You said earlier he probably fears all his guys are “me” guys. I think you’re right.

Thus, this extraordinarily common and elementary message to his team.
Please show me where I referred to him as "coach."

You keep bringing up TO

Deion sanders and Tom Osborne take different approaches to coaching? Stop the presses!

The two don’t belong in the same stratosphere
I will assume the position that TO took during his career lines up perfectly with 90% of the other head coaches in the business.

I'll sort it into Pro Sanders Actions, versus Anti Sanders Actions. You game? I'll even list the post # for cross referencing.
This is a pointless exercise that will prove nothing

I’m pro truth, regardless where it comes from

Saying a P5 coach is encouraging his players to fight one another based on that video is simply and obviously not true

If that was indeed his goal, why not yell at the kids who actively stopped the fight?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT