ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas and Dak....wow

I’m not a Dak or even a Cowboys hater. And I’m all good with someone getting paid. But I’m of the opinion that to garner that kind of money you should be winning your team championships….or even a playoff game. I don’t think he’s earned that kind of cash. There are plenty of quarterbacks in the league I’d take over him.

I’m not a Dak or even a Cowboys hater. And I’m all good with someone getting paid. But I’m of the opinion that to garner that kind of money you should be winning your team championships….or even a playoff game. I don’t think he’s earned that kind of cash. There are plenty of quarterbacks in the league I’d take over him.
I think this just shows the Cowboys think that any free ageny QB after this year will cost considerably more than this.

Crazy money. I was a paperboy when the first $1m contract was given and signed. Was a baseball player, I forget who it was.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
That contract is just gross. So glad i'm not a Dallas fan...that has to suck
Jerry doesn’t care. It’s pocket change for him and the salary cap will go higher. Dak is probably his best last shot to win a Super Bowl at this point. He wasn’t lying when he said they’re all in and like their roster.

Jerrah is in purgatory....not enough time left on this earth to do a complete rebuild, and not good enough to win now.

I get why he resigned him, I just think its a terrible idea because now you're hamstrung for free agents over a QB who can't win an important game to save his life.

Shadeur Sanders looked so bad last night that he made Jerry Jones wake up this morning and pay Dak. 😂😂😂

I thought the same thing, but only half jokingly. Lot of theories were floated around that it was Jerry's plan to replace Dak with Sanders. Dak should thank us by giving us a cut of some of that contract money to put toward our NIL funds.

Jerrah is in purgatory....not enough time left on this earth to do a complete rebuild, and not good enough to win now.

I get why he resigned him, I just think its a terrible idea because now you're hamstrung for free agents over a QB who can't win an important game to save his life.
Dak is Jerry’s last best chance. I believe it’s that simple. After that it’s his son’s problem

Beat Cleveland’s ass yesterday

Probably will win another 12+ this regular season and get another shot at the postseason

Most teams would like to be in this position.

Scumbag KC fans just looking down their noses at the hoi palloi of the league, as usual.

Probably will win another 12+ this regular season and get another shot at the postseason

Scumbag KC fans just looking down their noses at the hoi palloi of the league, as usual.
Maybe Jerry wasn't full of sh** when he said he liked the young players on their roster they've developed. There's more than a few teams who would have paid Dak what Jerry did. Steelers, Falcons, Raiders, Vikings, Panthers, Giants, Dolphins, Broncos, Browns....those are a few off the top of my head, The cowgirls looked pretty damned good yesterday.

Young QBs will LOVE this contract.

Can you imagine how much CJ Stroud will get on his first extension? Prolly 70 mil a year or close to it

The issue is, if you pay the QB huge bucks you better do well in the draft and have young players on rookie contracts because you can’t keep most of them these days

Young QBs will LOVE this contract.

Can you imagine how much CJ Stroud will get on his first extension? Prolly 70 mil a year or close to it

The issue is, if you pay the QB huge bucks you better do well in the draft and have young players on rookie contracts because you can’t keep most of them these days
Jerry's problem was that the odds of hitting on a first round QB next draft aren't great and IF he had let Dak go to free agency he would have probably had trouble signing him back. I don't care for Jerry but I don't think he's as incompetent as some want to believe.

i somehow doubt any team in the league is jealous of Dallas's $81mil per playoff win (all two of them) for their QB. If I saw his career earning correct, he's made $162mil prior to this contract? That's absolutely terrible for what they get in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: BetterRed
Most of you guys are too football ignorant to understand the value of a top 10 NFL QB(Graded by NFL front offices, not me) and that the going rate drives ALL signings, not Super Bowls. Only 3 active QBs have NFL titles, and yes, Dak isnt one of them. His playoff struggles are very noted and the grief he takes for it is absolutely valid, but 100% of NFL teams that were in the Cowboys shoes would’ve given Dak that money, without exception.

i somehow doubt any team in the league is jealous of Dallas's $81mil per playoff win (all two of them) for their QB. If I saw his career earning correct, he's made $162mil prior to this contract? That's absolutely terrible for what they get in return.
you are a tightwad with zero grasp of the salary cap, spending floor or trajectories of either.

maybe let us know the next time you approve of a contract extension. otherwise we will assume you think it's an overpay.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Most of you guys are too football ignorant to understand the value of a top 10 NFL QB(Graded by NFL front offices, not me) and that the going rate drives ALL signings, not Super Bowls. Only 3 active QBs have NFL titles, and yes, Dak isnt one of them. His playoff struggles are very noted and the grief he takes for it is absolutely valid, but 100% of NFL teams that were in the Cowboys shoes would’ve given Dak that money,

Dallas fan?

you are a tightwad with zero grasp of the salary cap, spending floor or trajectories of either.

maybe let us know the next time you approve of a contract extension. otherwise we will assume you think it's an overpay.

Haha...I think I have an excellent grasp of the following...162mil for 2 playoff wins sucks. Ass...

Reactions: BetterRed
I am a Dallas fan, have been since Roger Staubach. My dad was WWII Navy, he had influence.

This was a good signing as Prescott is a good QB, and getting a different one of equal ability would have cost Dallas much more next year.

Jerrah did not become wealthy making foolish business decisions.

Drunken Superbowl party with a good coach, yes, Jerrah made a poor choice.

Go Cowboys, Go Huskers.

I shamelessly cheer for both!

edit: I watched all 5 Dallas SB wins, and all 5 Husker Championships. I am that old.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT