ADVERTISEMENT

Covid19 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if any thing would be different if the head honcho was someone else. However, I am sure that:

1) Another head honcho wouldn't have been calling it a hoax.

2) Another head honcho wouldn't be telling people 2 weeks ago that people will get over it by sitting around, and maybe by even going to work.

3) Another head honcho wouldn't have been telling us, flanked by CDC doctors, that the testing kits and their distribution was almost perfect...but not as perfect as a certain phone call to a former Soviet republic, or as perfect as the transcript of that call.

BTW-- To me, a perfect phone call is dialing/pressing all the right numbers on the first attempt.
I hate to wade into this, but none of the things you mentioned have any impact on what our country has actually done in response to the spread of this virus. It’s not a good look for the president. No doubt. However, it’s just another case of him pulling things from his ass. Are you surprised by that at this point? In some weird way, I’m sure he thinks it’s a way to curb rampant hysteria that has gripped the nation/world. In actuality, it makes him look less credible.

Nonetheless, his comments have absolutely no impact on our country’s response or lack thereof. If you’re saying he’s preventing things from happening, that’s another thing entirely. Otherwise, you’re (and you’re not alone in this) using a predisposed view of him formulate your opinion of our country’s response to this deal. As I said earlier, this is difficult enough without inserting politics into the equation.

Of all of the times to put that other nonsense aside, it would seem that now would be appropriate.

Edit: this sounds awfully preachy. Sorry for that. I just get frustrated with the political back and forth. Or at least the non-constructive version of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: egaRdeR and OzzyLvr
If it gets this guy we are screwed
He is the canary in the coal mine

1_Keith-Richards.jpg

I hate to wade into this, but none of the things you mentioned have any impact on what our country has actually done in response to the spread of this virus. It’s not a good look for the president. No doubt. However, it’s just another case of him pulling things from his ass. Are you surprised by that at this point? In some weird way, I’m sure he thinks it’s a way to curb rampant hysteria that has gripped the nation/world. In actuality, it makes him look less credible.

Nonetheless, his comments have absolutely no impact on our country’s response or lack thereof. If you’re saying he’s preventing things from happening, that’s another thing entirely. Otherwise, you’re (and you’re not alone in this) using a predisposed view of him formulate your opinion of our country’s response to this deal. As I said earlier, this is difficult enough without inserting politics into the equation.

Of all of the times to put that other nonsense aside, it would seem that now would be appropriate.
Just replying to a comment in his post.

Gonna just assume you never liked the guy, had zero intention of pulling the lever for him come Nov. and nothing that has, or would have happened, was going to change your mind so at the end of the day, nothing has changed. You were always gonna moan and go in another direction and aren't even remotely objective about this. Sum people just hate everything he does, and everything he doesn't do.
For starters, you're right...I've never liked the guy. That began long before he ever ran for president. He's a moral and ethical degenerate. I didn't like his Democrat opponent, either, and nor did I pull the lever for her.

Secondly, I was responding to a comment that was being made that basically excused anything Trump did or didn't do. Therefore, my comment was fully appropriate.

So, if you don't think I'm being objective, then fine. But tell me...what did he do right when this thing first broke out?

This is precisely the time for people to be introspective, you would hope the leadership of the nation would start to think how they might limit deaths over the next 6 months instead of worrying about how they look politically. This is also a chance for America to think about the qualities they want in a president. The president is very charismatic and has some attractive qualities to millions of americans but those same Americans have to be able to ask "is this someone who can lead in a crisis"...presidents are remembered how they handle crisis not during peace and prosperity. This President is not teachable and did not know the very basics about viruses that killed his own family members. He also doesn't believe in the scientific method and has a very simple dogma that supports raw business, although he is a joke in business circles.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
This is precisely the time for people to be introspective, you would hope the leadership of the nation would start to think how they might limit deaths over the next 6 months instead of worrying about how they look politically. This is also a chance for America to think about the qualities they want in a president. The president is very charismatic and has some attractive qualities to millions of americans but those same Americans have to be able to ask "is this someone who can lead in a crisis"...presidents are remembered how they handle crisis not during peace and prosperity. This President is not teachable and did not know the very basics about viruses that killed his own family members. He also doesn't believe in the scientific method and has a very simple dogma that supports raw business, although he is a joke in business circles.
Fair enough. I see that your opinion of the president has bearing on what you think we should be doing/thinking about right now. It makes more sense to me to deal with the crisis at hand independent of trying to solve our political problems. I don’t see attempting to do so in one fell swoop as winning proposition. Unless, as previously mentioned, you see him as a hinderance to improving our situation with the virus. If so, by all means, go to town on the problems he’s causing in that regard. Otherwise, I still think most of our effort should be on staying healthy and preventing spread. I can tell you without any uncertainty that I give less than a fraction of a shit about Trump or what he says at the moment, and feel comfortable saying that by taking that approach, I/we won’t be worse off for having done so.

Just my opinion. You’re obviously free to yours. Thanks for the dialogue.

Last edited:
We are far behind because we experienced a series of planning failures and missed opportunities to produce tests, plan for the outbreak, and get on top of this emergency.

The markets are reacting to how disruptive the virus is overall, but are not being helped by America's bumbling-ass responses to this crisis.

This interview brings up South Korea, how in the past 24 hours they have done more tests for coronavirus than we have in the last TWO MONTHS. I brought this up earlier.
S. Korea is a very close neighbor of China and had way more traffic between the two countries. They also almost immediately had a large cluster of positive tests that resulted from KNOWN travelers from the mainland of China. S. Korea is way ahead of us on testing in large part because they were way ahead of us on the number of exposures. You also have to realize the difference in the size of the country versus the U.S. and the difference in the structure of government. The blame game is fun I guess. I'm putting my blame squarely on the CDC for the lag in testing. Again, the thing that slowed testing down was CDC policies that have been in place for more than a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT