ADVERTISEMENT

Cool Fidone pic

He has struggled at times but I think people forget how much practice time this guy had missed in addition to game time. Can't be easy to trust your body after 2 major injuries while playing in the Big 10. People love to dog on the Big 10 but there is a reason why so many of the top front 7 players in the NFL are from the Big 10. I also doubt he had to do much legit blocking in h.s. so probably not super experienced as an in-line blocker.

He has struggled at times but I think people forget how much practice time this guy had missed in addition to game time. Can't be easy to trust your body after 2 major injuries while playing in the Big 10. People love to dog on the Big 10 but there is a reason why so many of the top front 7 players in the NFL are from the Big 10. I also doubt he had to do much legit blocking in h.s. so probably not super experienced as an in-line blocker.
Him getting really good at blocking will help his draft stock immensely. Some of the best tight ends really love to get after it in the run game.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
He seems like a premier tight end. Honestly, why don't they throw more to him in games?
Because we generally do not throw to anyone. Ever. Due to the ridiculous OL and QB situation.

In all of college football, there are three teams that throw the ball fewer times per game than we do: Army, Navy, and Air Force.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone is mad at him for anything?? I read that post and it looks to me like he's clapping back at somebody but I don't know who that would be...

I've seen him make some circus catches (because our QB'S struggle to throw the ball) and i've seen him miss some easy ones, but overall he is our second best offensive weapon IMO.

perhaps he's doubted because he averages 22 yards/game and makes every catch look like a stumbling, Herculean effort

Maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone is mad at him for anything?? I read that post and it looks to me like he's clapping back at somebody but I don't know who that would be...
Yeah I don't understand this, either. Fans were disappointed that Fidone was injured for so long, but I don't think anyone ever doubted his ability or wanted NU to give up on him.

If anyone did, they're not worth worrying about. Look ahead, young man.

100% behind him and the entire team. However I think a better approach is to find ways to motivate your teammates to be better rather than taking to social media. There are dudes on the team that can do better and they have the ability and talent to do so.

Him getting really good at blocking will help his draft stock immensely. Some of the best tight ends really love to get after it in the run game.

Getting a tight ends coach instead of a tight ends analyst wouldn’t hurt either.

If we get a QB that can deliver the ball on time and hit someone in stride, he'll be a monster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT