ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Iowa!

Agree, they were the better team and obviously better coached. Kind of neutral on the champ game, but after seeing both in person, I think Michigan State pounds Iowa. If we played against MSU like we played today, we would have lost by 24+.

good post .. as we have found in most big 10 fans, the majority are good fans, the minority post without names and make their respective fans look bad ..all teams have them

Agree, they were the better team and obviously better coached. Kind of neutral on the champ game, but after seeing both in person, I think Michigan State pounds Iowa. If we played against MSU like we played today, we would have lost by 24+.

As if the Iowa defense didn't have anything to do with it.

You beat Michigan State, Iowa beat you. Yet....Michigan State pounds Iowa?

As if the Iowa defense didn't have anything to do with it.

You beat Michigan State, Iowa beat you. Yet....Michigan State pounds Iowa?

We played pretty dang good against MSU, very poorly against Iowa. Iowa's defense did have something to do with it, as did our QB, OC and head coach. Your ints weren't players making great plays (although the pick 6 was very well played)...it was more like your guys simply caught a ball thrown directly at them. Again, Iowa played well and deserved the win, my opinion is MSU is better...good news is your get to settle it on the field.

We played pretty dang good against MSU, very poorly against Iowa. Iowa's defense did have something to do with it, as did our QB, OC and head coach. Your ints weren't players making great plays (although the pick 6 was very well played)...it was more like your guys simply caught a ball thrown directly at them. Again, Iowa played well and deserved the win, my opinion is MSU is better...good news is your get to settle it on the field.
Michigan State still has to earn it yet. It could be Michigan or Ohio State also. We will find out.. Good luck in your bowl game if you guys get one which I think you will...

I congratulated Iowa and gave them the respect they deserved. But yes, in all fairness, Iowa didn't get our best and beat our best, our QB (Armstrong) was making stupid decisions and throwing to the DBs. Give credit wheres its due, Iowa won and deserved to but it was on Tommy, we had over 400 plus yards and Iowa had 250 or so. If Tommy plays smart, it really is a different game, sorry Hawkeyes but its the trueth. I say take the win and send Tommy a thank you post card lol.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Guys if you are not here in this thread just to congratulate iowa on their win then get out. If you want to state why we lost then start a different thread. This is just showing Iowa fans a little respect not downgrading their win over us!

Guys if you are not here in this thread just to congratulate iowa on their win then get out. If you want to state why we lost then start a different thread. This is just showing Iowa fans a little respect not downgrading their win over us!

You guys deserved to win. Your team was better prepared and better coached today. Goodluck against Michigan st. I will be pulling for you guys.

Thank you, much appreciated. I was impressed with Nebraska's front 4 on D, much better than I expected, did a good job against Iowa's OL compared to pretty much everyone else on the schedule except Wisconsin. The two long runs for TDs, well, that's been happening all season to even the better defenses. Iowa has some horses at RB.

As far as some comments on Tommy Armstrong, Iowa does a great job of playing positional defense and understanding tendencies so even though those picks looked "easy" it was because of all the preparation and discipline of Iowa's D. The other thing I'd say is that Iowa played a subpar game today. From what I saw compared to Nebraska's other games, they didn't play well, either. The weather may have had something to do with that and the same with the stakes for both teams. But I don't buy the idea that Nebraska played a poor game while Iowa was playing its best. No, neither team played their best today, but both played hard and gutsy football. There was no quit in either team. I think Nebraska will be much improved next year.

Reactions: Hawkeye King
I congratulated Iowa and gave them the respect they deserved. But yes, in all fairness, Iowa didn't get our best and beat our best, our QB (Armstrong) was making stupid decisions and throwing to the DBs. Give credit wheres its due, Iowa won and deserved to but it was on Tommy, we had over 400 plus yards and Iowa had 250 or so. If Tommy plays smart, it really is a different game, sorry Hawkeyes but its the trueth. I say take the win and send Tommy a thank you post card lol.
Yes. But in all honesty Iowa was as sloppy as they have been all year, and their QB had his worse game that he's ever had at Iowa

Yes. But in all honesty Iowa was as sloppy as they have been all year, and their QB had his worse game that he's ever had at Iowa
---
Agree. Nebraska's defense was playing tough and had a lot to do with Iowa's lack of offense; but, I have never seen CJ throw so poorly as he did in this game. His game was off but the difference is that he didn't make any really bad decisions with the ball. Armstrong, on the other hand.....

Good game huskers. You guys made us work for it. Both teams played pretty sloppy, probably an effect of a short week for Iowa and a long and distraction filled bye for the Huskers. Was impressed by the husker D, you guys held us to our lowest total in a few games, and shut us down in 3rd down situations. See you next year!

Thanks for the congrats. If you all get a bowl bid, I will be rooting for you to do the BIG proud. Good luck and see you next year.

Last edited:
I came over here out of curiosity. On our board we generally don't ban people so we had a couple of Nebraska fans trolling and hijacking every thread with obnoxious and hateful posts. I was starting to hate everything Nebraska.

Logically I know that they are a small group of idiots and most of Nebraska fans are good people. Good to know that there are still people everywhere.

Good luck in the future when you're not playing the Hawks.

Reactions: OneHawk91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT