ADVERTISEMENT

B10 Hoops

I saw someone mention Andy Enfield. He would do. Or Shaka. Of course getting someone to come to Nebraska isn't a given....

I saw someone mention Andy Enfield. He would do. Or Shaka. Of course getting someone to come to Nebraska isn't a given....
USC is a much better job. NU hoops is the bottom of the barrel of P5 jobs in basketball. Maybe that will change one day but we need to stick to reality.

USC is a much better job. NU hoops is the bottom of the barrel of P5 jobs in basketball. Maybe that will change one day but we need to stick to reality.
A lot of folks said we couldn’t land Hoiberg. I’m more optimistic than most about who we could land. Things are setup for a good coach and recruiter to succeed here, we just haven’t.

A lot of folks said we couldn’t land Hoiberg. I’m more optimistic than most about who we could land. Things are setup for a good coach and recruiter to succeed here, we just haven’t.
You may be right, but Nebraska has been a dead end job since Danny Nee. That’s a long time.

I was surprised at landing Hoiberg as well. But pulling a guy from a better job is different from hiring a jobless coach who has ties to Lincoln. I think the basketball program can have success but it will likely come from a mid major coach rather than an established P5 coach.

You may be right, but Nebraska has been a dead end job since Danny Nee. That’s a long time.
For mostly mediocre hires though. We got the big facilities upgrade during Miles but he had a personal recruiting ceiling. Hoiberg was easily the biggest hire since then, if not ever? I think a good recruiter can make it happen here.

I was surprised at landing Hoiberg as well. But pulling a guy from a better job is different from hiring a jobless coach who has ties to Lincoln. I think the basketball program can have success but it will likely come from a mid major coach rather than an established P5 coach.
Now that we’ve seen what hoiberg is capable of, it’s very obvious why we got him

Nobody else would touch this loser

I thought with the guys they brought in they’d be able to compete a little more this year, and it sort of showed in the first half with better defense and rebounding. Problem is I have no idea how they’re going to put up points, they don’t have a “create your own shot” guy, they don’t have any sharp shooters, and they don’t have a solid post player. They really need to slow the games down, ugly it up and make them long slow half court games to hang around deep into the second halfs and see what happens. More like Wisconsin style ball unfortunately

Hoiberg. Nice guy. Looks good on the sidelines. Ladies love him. Proving to be a crappy coach. Whatever he had/did at ISU hasn't travelled to Lincoln.

What’s Walker status ? From what I seen last night this team is worse than last year but why wouldn’t they be without McGowns..

He would never leave Rutgers but Trev needs to beg Steve Pikel, then he just needs to ask Steve who on his staff would be a good choice.

I know his record doesn't look all that amazing at Rutgers but he has done a great job and his teams are nasty especially at home. He would have the PBA beyond packed and the fans going bonkers.

What’s Walker status ? From what I seen last night this team is worse than last year but why wouldn’t they be without McGowns..
We gotta get Walker back. The reason given is "healthcare." I really, really hope it's not something that rhymes with "mailed rug fest."

Reactions: scarletred
One of the announcers last night subtly uttered “he’s not with the team right now”. It kind of seems like he’s having some kind of mental thing to me. Sure is a lot of that bullshit these days.

One of the announcers last night subtly uttered “he’s not with the team right now”. It kind of seems like he’s having some kind of mental thing to me. Sure is a lot of that bullshit these days.
Maybe diesel prices have him stressed out since he's running a trucking company now. Lol. Good grief.......always something.

Last edited:
If we’re being honest, that was a blip in history. History and tradition still mean something in college sports. It’s why there is hope and optimism for FB(still).

BB is chasing fools gold

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT