ADVERTISEMENT

Commit from Iowa

Good get. I LOVE building a roster with as many high level LOS players from the midwest as possible.

3 2021 commits already and all 3 at the LOS. 2 major gets along the OL. With 2 OL commits already they can push hard for a high level target or 2 and close out a damn strong OL class for 3 years in a row.

Yes Sir! I think that unit is a lot closer than most perceive. All five starters back and I almost guarantee at lest one current starter gets passed up.

I want that run game. We need another 1-2 RBs along side Mills and just pound the rock. We need to average 220+ yards on the ground.

What we desperately need are two WRs that can stretch the field .

Reactions: 9and4 and headcard
I assume this will happen. Frost mentioned moving Farniok inside next year, last week.

I like the sound of that Oline for next year. Benhart OT, Farniok OG, Jurgens OC, Wilson OG and Jaimes OT...

Turner Corcoran better be ready for the season after because he will be needed and a few others to replace Farniok, Wilson and Jaimes.

I want that run game. We need another 1-2 RBs along side Mills and just pound the rock. We need to average 220+ yards on the ground.

What we desperately need are two WRs that can stretch the field .
That’s were we are. We have to find some legit WR, desperately. If we do, I believe, we will field a very good offense. If not.....

Nate is wrong. Believe what you want, I don’t really care, just letting you know the facts.

But ask yourself, do you really believe an o-lineman from Iowa would go to Nebraska over Iowa? I don’t either.
where do you get your facts, anonymous iowa fan message board poster? somewhere more reliable than a reporter whose job it is to be accurate?

where do you get your facts, anonymous iowa fan message board poster? somewhere more reliable than a reporter whose job it is to be accurate?
From Rivals. Plus, the mods from HawkeyeReport who are way more tuned into Iowa football than Nate Clouse. It doesn’t mean Iowa wouldn’t offer him eventually.

Iowa having two OL commits in the class probably played a part.

Iowa does their offers differently than most. They won't offer if they know they have no chance of landing a kid. Then they can play the righteous card about how few offers they send out. He told them no thanks early on.

Really, the Iowa Coaching staff has said they were still evaluating him. I think you got a good OL recruit and will do well for you.
We have 2 spots left, one for a tight end that probably goes to Michigan or Penn State and another, not sure what position they are looking at.
But, Your statement is kind of funny, since Nebraska has the most offers of any P5 school. At least they use to be at the top.
Now I am not saying that is bad, but I would guess not all the offers are ones that they would accept if a player wants to commit. I do not believe all offers posted on rival are committable offers. There are verbal offers and written offers.

Anyway good luck against the Terps this weekend and really thought you played well against Wisconsin.

Really, the Iowa Coaching staff has said they were still evaluating him. I think you got a good OL recruit and will do well for you.
We have 2 spots left, one for a tight end that probably goes to Michigan or Penn State and another, not sure what position they are looking at.
But, Your statement is kind of funny, since Nebraska has the most offers of any P5 school. At least they use to be at the top.
Now I am not saying that is bad, but I would guess not all the offers are ones that they would accept if a player wants to commit. I do not believe all offers posted on rival are committable offers. There are verbal offers and written offers.

Anyway good luck against the Terps this weekend and really thought you played well against Wisconsin.
Again, Iowa's policy is to gauge their interest BEFORE they'll offer. Nebraska offers a lot of kids they like then works hard on the kids who show interest in the offer. It's just a different philosophy.

Iowa does their offers differently than most. They won't offer if they know they have no chance of landing a kid. Then they can play the righteous card about how few offers they send out. He told them no thanks early on.

this simply isn’t true. I can tell you for a fact he was told at the end of his senior season he wouldn’t be getting an offer from Iowa.

Nate is wrong. Believe what you want, I don’t really care, just letting you know the facts.

But ask yourself, do you really believe an o-lineman from Iowa would go to Nebraska over Iowa? I don’t either.
DL last year OL this year. Even though you have been better recently, Iowa kids would still rather play for Nebraska. How does that make you feel?

You only have two spots left in the 2021 class?

this simply isn’t true. I can tell you for a fact he was told at the end of his senior season he wouldn’t be getting an offer from Iowa.

Just because they may have told him he would not get an offer, does not mean he is not a good player. Just means the commits they got at OL, they like better and they are full at that position. He could turn out to be a very good player. We will all just have to wait and see how our OL recruits work out and how Henry works out. Best of luck to all the recruits. All of them are only trying to be the best they can.

DL last year OL this year. Even though you have been better recently, Iowa kids would still rather play for Nebraska. How does that make you feel?
Nebraska offered 5 Iowa kids in the 2020 class. One went to Nebraska, one to ISU, three to Iowa. Nebraska’s is the 6th rated player in the state.

2019 had three offers and you got the third rated guy.

2021 Frost currently has 8 offers out including a commit from the fourth rated player.

Nebraska offered 5 Iowa kids in the 2020 class. One went to Nebraska, one to ISU, three to Iowa. Nebraska’s is the 6th rated player in the state.

2019 had three offers and you got the third rated guy.

2021 Frost currently has 8 offers out including a commit from the fourth rated player.
So you believe Gunnerson, an Army All-American, is the 6th best player in Iowa?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT