ADVERTISEMENT

Commit from Iowa

lmfao...yeah Blaise Gunnerson is definitely the best or top 2-3 in Iowa. He’s no where close to 6th best...that’s just laughable. Once Blaise Gunnerson gets his update, he will definitely be top 1-3 in Iowa on Rivals, just like he is on 24/7 (which he’s 4 star ranked in the top 138 in the country on 24/7s rankings). He is definitely as good or better then Logan Jones from Iowa.

And I’m curious how any of that’s bad what you mentioned? Iowa has offered majority of the same players we have. Let’s not even get into a pissing match over recruiting rankings...because Nebraska always beats out Iowa when it comes to that.

No he is not as good or better than Logan.

Iowa did not offer. Maybe soft? Hate Iowa all you want but does it make sense Iowa didn't offer an in-state 3 star O-lineman? He visited often but no offer.

He also had zero offers this past spring. Reading the tea leaves, wouldn't shock me if he flips to Iowa or Wiscy if they eventually offer.

"I am hearing a lot from Wisconsin," he said. "While I was there, they explained some pass block stuff to me and said if I want an offer I need the stuff he explained to me to show in my first few games of film. I have also been up to Iowa a lot. They have not offered but will continue to recruit me whether I am committed somewhere or not as a junior."

Last edited:
No he is not as good or better than Logan.
giphy.gif

Haha, that was in the 90’s and has no impact on chances going forward.

I have no expectations Iowa will win a national championship, I will hope like hell but I have sense, unlike most Husker fans.

Nebraska will also not win a national championship. Times have changed and the sooner you realize that the sooner you’ll stop firing coaches every few years.

This has been fun. I’ll be back next week when we can talk about our teams kicking the others ass on the field. And one of us will actually believe it.
This will be batting practice for me...but do tell us how "times have changed"?

BTW, times always change, just like not the same game when NU played in a National Championship game in 1965 versus 1983 versus 1997.

And please say scholarship reductions, TV, Prop 48s, Big 8/12 or steroids and I will go George Herman Ruth on all of those myths Husker haters babble to make themselves feel better about never playing for a RING in modern era.

Just keeping thanking your lucky stars Osborne let Solich be Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator in 1998.

Last edited:
Iowa did not offer. Maybe soft? Hate Iowa all you want but does it make sense Iowa didn't offer an in-state 3 star O-lineman? He visited often but no offer.

He also had zero offers this past spring. Reading the tea leaves, wouldn't shock me if he flips to Iowa or Wiscy if they eventually offer.

"I am hearing a lot from Wisconsin," he said. "While I was there, they explained some pass block stuff to me and said if I want an offer I need the stuff he explained to me to show in my first few games of film. I have also been up to Iowa a lot. They have not offered but will continue to recruit me whether I am committed somewhere or not as a junior."
He’s good, Fidone is the next Iowa player Nebraska will get. Really good TE prospect. Don’t believe everyone that Iowa fans tell you,

Sounds like the definition of "soft commit".

When you're struggling as Nebraska is... the only thing you have to offer is early playing time.

Jus so you know, Iowa didn't really offer Fidone or TJ Bollers. Unless they pick Iowa and then they did.
I know you’re the biggest troll here, but it makes zero sense to try and take jabs when it’s been proven by Rivals and Lutovsky himself that he does not have an Iowa offer...yet.

If any Iowa fan tells you they haven’t offered Bollers or Fidone, then you would have the facts on your side. But I doubt any Iowa fan will tell you they don’t.

Reactions: EKHawk
I know you’re the biggest troll here, but it makes zero sense to try and take jabs when it’s been proven by Rivals and Lutovsky himself that he does not have an Iowa offer...yet.

If any Iowa fan tells you they haven’t offered Bollers or Fidone, then you would have the facts on your side. But I doubt any Iowa fan will tell you they don’t.

I have been on this site a long time and this is, honestly, the first time I have ever been called a troll. But, hey, thanks again for stopping by with your valuable insights.

@Top_Gun_ is the biggest troll. Not @headcard

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Heard from a friend in the Wisconsin program they told him no offer was coming. I actually think herk90 is correct here and Iowa probably told him the same. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a good get for Nebraska.

Regarding Blaise vs Logan — look at their season stats. It’s not even a competition. And Blaise was going up against 250 lb tackles

lots of insecurity in this thread.

Heard from a friend in the Wisconsin program they told him no offer was coming. I actually think herk90 is correct here and Iowa probably told him the same. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a good get for Nebraska.

Regarding Blaise vs Logan — look at their season stats. It’s not even a competition. And Blaise was going up against 250 lb tackles

lots of insecurity in this thread.
Sure is, Hawkeye on the Husker board, sure is.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
I have been on this site a long time and this is, honestly, the first time I have ever been called a troll. But, hey, thanks again for stopping by with your valuable insights.
You’re welcome. See, sometimes outside views can be valuable. I know I learn a lot from coming here.

Isn’t it a teams goal to keep top in state talent? Why wouldn’t Iowa want the kid? Possibly trying to get higher ranked kids at that position. All I can say is welcome aboard young man!!!!

You’re welcome. See, sometimes outside views can be valuable. I know I learn a lot from coming here.
Yes it really is great to have visitors like you. Not enough of our own fans know that our recruits suck and can’t play for mighty Iowa. Hardly anyone is even aware the 90’s are over. And without you, and your wisdom, we probably wouldn’t know that 8 wins is magical and all any program should ever aspire to.

Last edited:
Isn’t it a teams goal to keep top in state talent? Why wouldn’t Iowa want the kid? Possibly trying to get higher ranked kids at that position. All I can say is welcome aboard young man!!!!
As stated earlier, Iowa is interested but hasn't offered yet. Signing day for a 2021 recruit is still a long ways off so it's possible things may change before then. Being an Iowa kid, I wish him well wherever he ends up (except on any Saturdays he plays against the Hawkeyes).

As stated earlier, Iowa is interested but hasn't offered yet. Signing day for a 2021 recruit is still a long ways off so it's possible things may change before then. Being an Iowa kid, I wish him well wherever he ends up (except on any Saturdays he plays against the Hawkeyes).
I would still want to get my top
in state talent on board as soon as possible. If an offer does come down later, it may be too late. Plus, as stated earlier by herk90, they know for a fact he was told at the end of his senior season he would not be offered. Who can argue with that fact? o_O

Yes it really is great to have visitors like you. Not enough of our own fans know that our recruits suck and can’t play for mighty Iowa. Hardly anyone is even aware the 90’s are over. And without you, and your wisdom, we probably wouldn’t know that 8 wins is magical and all any program should ever aspire to.
Not a single poster here said Lutovsky sucks. Maybe you aren’t trolling, maybe you just aren’t very smart. If it weren’t for Iowa fans, you would have incorrect information. I’m not quite sure what you are afraid of. He doesn’t change as a player one way or the other.

Reactions: Junior Hoogland
Georgia AND Nebraska offered but Iowa hasn't? Yeah right. That's believable. Oh wait Kirk is your coach so maybe it is.

Not a single poster here said Lutovsky sucks. Maybe you aren’t trolling, maybe you just aren’t very smart. If it weren’t for Iowa fans, you would have incorrect information. I’m not quite sure what you are afraid of. He doesn’t change as a player one way or the other.
Or you could just stop talking shit on here and go pound your chest on your own board.

Georgia AND Nebraska offered but Iowa hasn't? Yeah right. That's believable. Oh wait Kirk is your coach so maybe it is.
Each school does what they feel works for them. Back in May, Nebraska had 400+ offers out to the 2020 recruits while Iowa was at 109. Iowa usually ends up with a recruiting class around 45-60 in the country but somehow puts numerous players in the NFL annually. In 2019, this included first round picks TJ Hockenson, who had offers from Iowa, Iowa State and Eastern Michigan, Noah Fant, who choose Iowa over Nebraska, Iowa State, Minnesota and South Dakota State and lightly recruited Anthony Nelson and Amani Hooker. I trust the Iowa coaching staff to know more about how to recruit than folks like me on chat sites. They always find overlooked players that excel in college and eventually play on Sundays.

Or you could just stop talking shit on here and go pound your chest on your own board.
I don’t understand why pointing out a fact is pounding ones chest. How old are you? I haven’t talked crap about anything related to Husker football, yet you seem threatened by me being here. It’s all because of my screen name. Even Husker posters pointed it out but no one got after them. It’s kind of weird. Have a good night.

I don’t understand why pointing out a fact is pounding ones chest. How old are you? I haven’t talked crap about anything related to Husker football, yet you seem threatened by me being here. It’s all because of my screen name. Even Husker posters pointed it out but no one got after them. It’s kind of weird. Have a good night.

GTFO. You don’t have any “facts”. All you do is turn every dam thread into some pissing match with your BS. So no, I am not threatened by your presence here, I am annoyed by your antics.

As for how old I am. I am old enough to have watched three national championship teams, two Heisman winners, the greatest college football team of all time, the scoring explosion and the greatest defensive player of all time. But keep telling me in thread after thread how amazing everything Iowa is and how someday we might be able to win 8 games with Iowa’s leftovers. Its super fun.

Last edited:
You have a better shot at hitting the lottery than ever seeing Iowa win anything of significance.
Yes, so you are of no significance and it's been a pleasure beating you and your irrelevant team the last several years. Laugh as you will when we actually are playing in a bowl and your bowl will be the one situated in your bathroom! Let go if the 90's muchacho it's long, long gone!

GTFO. You don’t have any “facts”. All you do is turn every dam thread into some pissing match with your BS. So no, I am not threatened by your presence here, I am annoyed by your antics.

As for how old I am. I am old enough to have watched three national championship teams, two Heisman winners, the greatest college football team of all time, the scoring explosion and the greatest defensive player of all time. But keep telling me in thread after thread how amazing everything Iowa is and how someday we might be able to win 8 games with Iowa’s leftovers. Its super fun.
The FACT of the matter is that Lutovsky doesn’t have an Iowa offer...yet. I seriously don’t understand why you guys want him to have an offer from Iowa. It means nothing. That’s literally all any Hawk fan in this thread has said. A Hawk poster even quoted Lutovsky saying so, but you still don’t consider it to be a FACT? I find that odd.

Cool story, yet again; about Nebraska winning national titles in a thread that literally has nothing to do with it. Laughing Please do yourself a favor and put me on ignore. Have a good Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT