ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado will need a new head coach

CornHusker_635

Walk On
Dec 14, 2017
Mark my words - Coach Prime at Colorado will not work out

He may be getting them to be occasionally bowl eligible - but that is best case scenario

So many factors involved - But long story short - We will look back at all the content being put out there of him and his comments right now in a few years and cringe

Side note: why is it that not a single person on national TV covering sports has mentioned a single doubt over the future of Colorado football program? Reminds me so much of when we hired Scott Frost.

Last edited:
I think people will quickly soon realize that it takes a lot more than just having clever one liners and clout to run a winning football program

I just read today that their leading receiver of their spring game is now in the transfer portal. Wonder what that’s about?
Talented kids have options in today's CFB world.

Two of them are:

1) Volunteering to be around Sanders for extended periods of time

2) Going somewhere else where you're not subjected to option 1

He may be getting them to be occasionally bowl eligible - but that is it

So many factors involved - But long story short - We will look back at all the content being put out there of him and his comments right now in a few years and say wow that is so cringe

Side note: why is it that not a single person on national TV covering sports has mentioned a single doubt over the future of Colorado football program? Reminds me so much of when we hired Scott Frost.
To your side note… I did read an article a few days ago, I think in USA Today, that presented all of the excitement around the program and the new direction Prime is taking, and presented the alternative that this could all go down in flames. Former LB to the Buffs, Chad Brown, also had reservations in the article, asking how you build culture in a guns for hire program…

It is out there, just not much…

I think Sanders will get enough skill-position talent to have some modest success at Colorado - probably about 4 wins this season and 5 or 6 the following year.

That would normally be seen as good progress for a program that was the worst in major college football in 2022. But the Coach Prime hype is so wildly over the top, it will probably be a big letdown and everyone will go back to not caring about CU football.

Back in the seventies Colorado's All American defensive tackle Reuben Vaughn said, right before their game with us, that he "hated Nebraska more than dog crap on my shoes." We pounded them that week and the fans held up signs that said things like "Reuben Vaughn is going to eat dog crap today".

Well, allow me to turn the tables. I hate Colorado more than dog crap on my shoes and I hope to hell that we take those guys to the woodshed this year.

Back in the seventies Colorado's All American defensive tackle Reuben Vaughn said, right before their game with us, that he "hated Nebraska more than dog crap on my shoes." We pounded them that week and the fans held up signs that said things like "Reuben Vaughn is going to eat dog crap today".

Well, allow me to turn the tables. I hate Colorado more than dog crap on my shoes and I hope to hell that we take those guys to the woodshed this year.
We owe them big time for our last 2 Fvck up…

On TOS they are saying Colorado is now at 68 scholarship players. They already took 29 transfers. If they take 17 more players to get from 68 to 85, that's 46 total transfers. Add the 20 regular commits from high schoolers and you're looking at 66 out of 85 new players. Wow.
I'm not a Deion fanboy, and as I said earlier I see him having limited success at Colorado. But the roster he took over was a total cluster#*&^ filled with DII caliber players. Of course he's completely turning it over.

Just my take but it seems Coach Prime owns a lot of real estate in people's heads these days - both positive and negative. But other than the Nebraska game next Fall, I don't personally care about Coach Prime one way or the other. I'm more focused on Nebraska's fortunes under the new coaching staff. Just don't have time for Prime.

Just my take but it seems Coach Prime owns a lot of real estate in people's heads these days - both positive and negative. But other than the Nebraska game next Fall, I don't personally care about Coach Prime one way or the other. I'm more focused on Nebraska's fortunes under the new coaching staff. Just don't have time for Prime.
Prime intrigues me due to what he represents in the landscape of college football. He represents a change from the traditional college football we have had in the past to the new transfer portal, NIL, conference realignment, and big corporate interest college football. He is a brand. I follow the story because of what he could mean for college football if he succeeds or fails.

Im sorry that some of us look at college football and the entire landscape of it, including the business and societal impacts - unlike some of you pea brains. Im sorry this offends your simple world view

With that being said; I think he will fail as a college football coach at this level - especially at colorado lol

Last edited:
Prime intrigues me due to what he represents in the landscape of college football. He represents a change from the traditional college football we have had in the past to the new transfer portal, NIL, conference realignment, and big corporate interest college football. He is a brand. I follow the story because of what he could mean for college football if he succeeds or fails.

Im sorry that some of us look at college football and the entire landscape of it, including the business and societal impacts - unlike some of you pea brains. Im sorry this offends your simple world view

With that being said; I think we will fail as a college football coach at this level - especially at colorado lol
If you have that much time, go for it.

With that being said; I think we will fail as a college football coach at this level - especially at colorado lol

NIL, portal, etc is here to stay with or without him. To me, it is the idea that anyone can coach a college football team. If you are a celebrity, you can just pick up coaching as a hobby and then run a college program, with basically no experience. If this works out maybe we will see Snoop Dog coaching USC or J. Lo coaching at Miami.

Last edited:

He may be getting them to be occasionally bowl eligible - but that is best case scenario

So many factors involved - But long story short - We will look back at all the content being put out there of him and his comments right now in a few years and cringe

I do believe this. Give it 3 to 4 years if he doesn't get sued before this

• Haha
Reactions: CornHusker_635
NIL, portal, etc is here to stay with or without him. To me, it is the idea that anyone can coach a college football team. If you are a celebrity, you can just pick up coaching as a hobby and then run a college program, with basically no experience. If this works out maybe we will see Tom Hanks coaching UCLA or J. Lo coaching at Miami.
Good point. There's so much more to being a coach at a P5 school. Does he have the connections to hire top assistants? Does he have the HR skills to let them coach? Does he have the PR skills to establish relationships with local HS coaches? How will he manage regular players versus superstars getting NIL money? How will he interact with the donors? How will he handle scrutiny when the losses start piling up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT