ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado will need a new head coach

Not real interested in how much Prime merch is sold, that has nothing to do with being a coach.

As for the roster, guys like Edwards, Sanders and Hunter are definitely a step up from the skill people they had, (I’d love to have those guys), but they are also losing a ton, especially up front and we have no idea who they will get to replace them.

I’m not sure how you can’t see why having 20 spots to fill in the Spring is different than over signing in the Winter and could be problematic? When you over sign you are making the decision that this guy is better than what we have. In the Spring you don’t get to make that decision. You have to take these guys or be under the limit and you have no idea who will be in the portal. They may be worse than the guys you lost. Happened to us when we lost several contributors on the DL to the portal last year and we’re scrambling trying to find anyone left in the portal.
I wasn’t talking prime merch. I’m guessing booster money has probably seen a nice hike.

And the way I see the twenty open roster spots being a positive is the guarantee you can come in and contribute. You’re not gonna get stuck behind anyone because of politics within the program.

Just like basketball I think the teams who are made up mostly of proven transfers are going to be the strongest. Recruiting high schoolers who can’t immediately contribute is almost a liability. Once the dust settles Deion is going to have one of the most veteran and experienced teams in college football due to the number of transfer players and that counts for something.

20 players under the limit heading into the summer is a lot

like, a lot a lot
I heard on the radio late today that he was down to 16 scholarship players but that had to be a mistake. I could believe he only has 16 of his original roster left. He’s going to have trouble IMO filling his roster with quality players through the portal before fall

I heard on the radio late today that he was down to 16 scholarship players but that had to be a mistake. I could believe he only has 16 of his original roster left. He’s going to have trouble IMO filling his roster with quality players through the portal before fall
I saw something like that also and I believe that it is 16 of his inherited scholarship players. I think that he said something to the effect that he is trying to get most of those remaining 16 to move on also. You would think that, even if he brings in a lot of good transfers, this team is going to be far from an effective group by their second game.

I wasn’t talking prime merch. I’m guessing booster money has probably seen a nice hike.

And the way I see the twenty open roster spots being a positive is the guarantee you can come in and contribute. You’re not gonna get stuck behind anyone because of politics within the program.

Just like basketball I think the teams who are made up mostly of proven transfers are going to be the strongest. Recruiting high schoolers who can’t immediately contribute is almost a liability. Once the dust settles Deion is going to have one of the most veteran and experienced teams in college football due to the number of transfer players and that counts for something.
That is definitely a cool aid glass half full kind of outlook. Bball and football are completely different animals in this respect. I would be very concerned about the team and management if we were in the same position. Most programs would be, but hey, it is CU and they probably love all this attention. Good or bad.

Reactions: headcard
I saw something like that also and I believe that it is 16 of his inherited scholarship players. I think that he said something to the effect that he is trying to get most of those remaining 16 to move on also. You would think that, even if he brings in a lot of good transfers, this team is going to be far from an effective group by their second game.
Our experience would say that it’s extremely tough to get quality line transfers though we’ve gotten a few.

So is his plan to flip the roster this year and then build a culture and unity on the new players or is it just gonna be a massive revolving door of players every year? I just don’t see how this can work in CFB. The importance of building a cohesive team with leadership and unity cannot be understated.

To be fair, I think coach Prime stinks and I can’t stand all his self promotion and bullshit. Hoping they lose every game next year.
It's a hard process to undo at that. Colorado is GAMBLING their future as a P5 football program. If/when Sanders is gone, many players will leave once the circus is over. Whoever is coach after him... Yikes. I don't envy the guy...

He'll have to go to the portal and reap just as many as Sanders has to now. Unless he's a top name nationally in recruiting, which after paying Sanders out, they won't be able to afford.

If such a thing happens, it sets then back being repair. PAC or B12. I'm glad we hired an adult. It's been long overdue (grandpa Riley doesn't count as the kind of adult this program needs).

It's a hard process to undo at that. Colorado is GAMBLING their future as a P5 football program. If/when Sanders is gone, many players will leave once the circus is over. Whoever is coach after him... Yikes. I don't envy the guy...

He'll have to go to the portal and reap just as many as Sanders has to now. Unless he's a top name nationally in recruiting, which after paying Sanders out, they won't be able to afford.

If such a thing happens, it sets then back being repair. PAC or B12. I'm glad we hired an adult. It's been long overdue (grandpa Riley doesn't count as the kind of adult this program needs).
I hope the next two year we line up and smash them in the mouth over an over until we break their will to play football and make them reconsider their lives. After that I don’t care too much.

You are assuming that all of these new players will join the roster and gel right away… and I thought I was an optimist!

He has 7 years as a HS coach .a couple as a FSC level coach, straight to P5 , Unprecedented ? Because it’s never been done before.
First time for everything

Besides that's their business. It doesnt impact Nebraska.

If he's imcpmprent. It will show.

Gerry Faust. 😀
coach faust was a good dude but completely overmatched at the college level. 43-53-3 at notre dame after going 178-23-2 at cincinnati moeller high school. could be similar results for prime at cu. but that's all they'll share if true.

Is it true that he won't share film on guys that leave and enter the portal? That is bad mojo

So….tampering? I mean we all know its going on by more than just prime. but openly admitting it is bold.

Hope some coaches turn him in for it. Nothing will happen but it will at least point out the ncaa sham even moreso.
or maybe silent commits & they're going to do one big announcement

who knows

So….tampering? I mean we all know its going on by more than just prime. but openly admitting it is bold.

Hope some coaches turn him in for it. Nothing will happen but it will at least point out the ncaa sham even moreso.

My thought too. The portal just opened, but you already have a long list of who is coming? And honestly, there aren't even many guys like that in the portal yet.

Last edited:
His portal rhetoric alone will lead to losing at least 40-50% of what he brings in during the next cycle. #cantwait

Reactions: BleedRed78
Lots of smoke about those who were there when coach prime arrived being treated pretty terribly. It’s no wonder so many are transferring out. Will be interesting to watch the chemistry of 60+ new players trying to come together for a common goal. What happens when they face some adversity? Can they do it? We’ll see…

Prime can survive running off half his team 1 time. He does it again and that place will be a graveyard. He better get it right (he won’t)
don't the rules literally state he can only do this 1 time?

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF
DISCLAIMER: this is not a Prime fanboy post

For whatever reason, CU spring game is on tv tonight and I watched urban cowboys pep speech with a team huddle. What a clown. I can’t wait for the meltdown, hope it is epic
ESPN had to be televising it for the comedy. Good heavens what a joke. He did the Callahan #1 offense against the scrub defense deal. 😂

Reactions: BleedRed78
I wonder if what Deion has done will become more common in CFB. Transfer portal is basically free agency and CFB is not amateur anymore, its paid athletes. You want to flip a roster you can do it in a few months rather than a few years, just like the NFL. Need some deep pockets to pay for it all, which I'm thinking CU doesn't.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
I doubt they win a game against any P5 opponent. If you don’t think every team on their schedule won’t be gunning to hang 40+ on them your wrong. Remember when Frost first came here and ran his mouth about other BIG teams, and then got handily put in his place week in week out. Which turned into year in year out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT