Votes: 70 31.0%
  • Fire Frost at end of season

Votes: 59 26.1%
  • Frost could still pull a hat rabbit this year, let’s wait to see

Votes: 63 27.9%
  • He needs that magic 5th year

Votes: 34 15.0%

• Total voters
If he loses to Buffalo, fire him after the game. Otherwise wait till after he loses to Michigan State.
What purpose would that serve.. Most AD’s wait till the end of the season mainly to see if the players are still playing for him and their staff..

He gets paid make him do his job..

Reactions: Sinomatic
What purpose would that serve.. Most AD’s wait till the end of the season mainly to see if the players are still playing for him and their staff..

He gets paid make him do his job..
With that logic, what’s the point in firing him after the season before his contract is up? He gets paid make him do his job.

With that logic, what’s the point in firing him after the season before his contract is up? He gets paid make him do his job.
If you have that brain thought your not thinking of the players, but I’m thinking of the kids that are playing for him and the staff…

Does that logic make sense now..

There's no point in waiting to fire Frost. No point to it. Many players may even prefer it so they get a breath of fresh air. Lubbock can run the offense and Chinander can be the interim guy.

That makes a clear signal to all head coaches out there that the Nebraska job is open.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
If you have that brain thought your not thinking of the players, but I’m thinking of the kids that are playing for him and the staff…

Does that logic make sense now..
I understand the sentiment but I think if the coach is doing more damage than good it’s better for the kids to get a new voice for the latter half of the year.

I’m assuming the rumors of Frost’s personal life being a wreck are true, and if they are he’s in no condition to be a leader of youth. I also don’t get the impression the players are in love with him like Bo’s players were, for example. I don’t think there’d be a lot of heartbreak in that locker room.

The point in waiting is that you save 5MM in buyout money. Thought I heard it drops from 20 to 15 after January 1. Unless you can get Frost to agree to a smaller buyout or you have someone lined up to fork it over.

Reactions: scarletred
There's no point in waiting to fire Frost. No point to it. Many players may even prefer it so they get a breath of fresh air. Lubbock can run the offense and Chinander can be the interim guy.

That makes a clear signal to all head coaches out there that the Nebraska job is open.
I don’t think it takes a brain surgeon to figure out that this job will be open if Nebraska doesn’t win 6 games..

And we will have our answer after the Minnesota game if not sooner..

The point in waiting is that you save 5MM in buyout money. Thought I heard it drops from 20 to 15 after January 1. Unless you can get Frost to agree to a smaller buyout or you have someone lined up to fork it over.
Waiting till January 1 would be a suicide mission unworthy of saving $5m. Coaching searches occur in December. You’d miss out on your candidate pool unless you were able to save the official announcement till January. Not sure about the contract legalities behind doing that though.

I understand the sentiment but I think if the coach is doing more damage than good it’s better for the kids to get a new voice for the latter half of the year.

I’m assuming the rumors of Frost’s personal life being a wreck are true, and if they are he’s in no condition to be a leader of youth. I also don’t get the impression the players are in love with him like Bo’s players were, for example. I don’t think there’d be a lot of heartbreak in that locker room.
Very good point you have, I’ll give you that..

I voted rabbit hat. I don't see the purpose of firing today. IF you did Iguess you would have to go with Ryan held as IC since he's really the only one with HC experience but again I wouldn't do it today.

It would be premature to commit to any of the other options besides give it more time THIS year and then decide. Automatic commit to a 5th year wouldn't be prudent either.

Alberts better be opening his desk drawer though if he's had time to put a list in there.

Man what a way to start your career as AD.

I voted rabbit hat. I don't see the purpose of firing today. IF you did Iguess you would have to go with Ryan held as IC since he's really the only one with HC experience but again I wouldn't do it today.

It would be premature to commit to any of the other options besides give it more time THIS year and then decide. Automatic commit to a 5th year wouldn't be prudent either.

Alberts better be opening his desk drawer though if he's had time to put a list in there.

Man what a way to start your career as AD.
Alberts doesn’t have a list in the desk drawer .. only Moos did …
Good joke though..

If he loses to Buffalo, fire him after the game. Otherwise wait till after he loses to Michigan State.

I remember the McKees state game in Lincoln where only a super human effort by AA saved us from a devastating defeat. In that game we gave them points and it almost cost us. Give Fordham a couple pick 6’s or scoop and scores and this game also can be lost. If frost loses to Fordham he should be fired with cause after the game.

I would love to say fire him now as I have never been a fan of his as a coach. But with the way the transfer portal works, it would be devastating to the program. I think next year will be a better year to fire him as the defense will lose a ton of very good player and it will be trash. I have no confidence in Frost being able to develop players anymore.

Alberts has shown he will make the tough but necessary decisions. I just hope he is able to land a top notch coach. He should have a consulting firm working behind the scenes right now gaging interest.
Nothing is done behind the scenes anymore. You can trust nobody as everybody is in it for the money and as soon as you piss them off, you are exposed.

I remember the McKees state game in Lincoln where only a super human effort by AA saved us from a devastating defeat. In that game we gave them points and it almost cost us. Give Fordham a couple pick 6’s or scoop and scores and this game also can be lost. If frost loses to Fordham he should be fired with cause after the game.
More likely to happen the week after against Buffalo..

I would hope it’s been made clear to Scott that he has to make a bowl or he’s done. No excuses or mulligans, as soon as you are eliminated from bowl eligibility, pack your shit and get out. Chins can finish the year as IC

as soon as cambell signs a contract, have a security team removed frost and the qb coach, with their belongings
and make the dc interim hc and either frazier or crouch interim qb coach.

give frost 10 million and he can go buy a 63 nordhavn for his family in florida.

the remaining staff I don't really have a problem with, thats cambells call.

I’ll still respect Frost as he meant well and really wanted to get the program back on track. He simply got exposed as unprepared for the big stage.
No sense in being bitter over $$ despite his shortcomings. It was going to be a difficult rebuild regardless.
I’ll wish him the very best and look forward to finding a proper coach who can bring a staff that will satisfy our expectations.

I can see Trev suggesting that some changes be made

Beilema hired two coordinators that he had zero connections to on purpose so that he could widen his horizons

Scott needs an outside influence on offense
This 100%. Too many coaches that fail due so because they go off the buddy system. I would be interesting to know what type of coaches Saban surrounded himself with at MSU or other stops before Bama. At Bama he goes after successful coaches if he konws them or not.

I remember Frost saying they won't have to fire me, I'll quit if we're not getting it done, or something very close to that.

If I were T.A. I would find that quote , present it to him, ask him if he thinks he's getting it done around here, then politely ask him to do our alma mater a solid and stand by his words, hold a press conference. and resign with grace.

No buyout. No having to fire him. No media drama. No hating Frost, he tried his best AFAWK. Thank you for your service. Go be a father and coach close to them.

Reactions: Pixtaker
I remember Frost saying they won't have to fire me, I'll quit if we're not getting it done, or something very close to that.

If I were T.A. I would find that quote , present it to him, ask him if he thinks he's getting it done around here, then politely ask him to do our alma mater a solid and stand by his words, hold a press conference. and resign with grace.

No buyout. No having to fire him. No media drama. No hating Frost, he tried his best AFAWK. Thank you for your service. Go be a father and coach close to them.
Did he really say that? I don't remember seeing it.

You have to wait. Yes, yesterday sucked and was probably the 1st nail in coffin, but you have to wait until 6 wins are no longer a possibility. Once that happens, he gone.

Reactions: H2M and headcard

I don’t remember that line? Can anyone dig it up? That would be interesting about now.

Please no interim coach. The last thing I want is Nebraska getting stuck with an interim coach who wins a game or two and then it splits the fanbase on whether to stay with that interim coach or go with a national coaching search.
TOO LATE!! I want Chins and there's nothing you can say to convince me otherwise!!! .../s

• Haha
Reactions: CameronKrazie86
I’ll still respect Frost as he meant well and really wanted to get the program back on track. He simply got exposed as unprepared for the big stage.
No sense in being bitter over $$ despite his shortcomings. It was going to be a difficult rebuild regardless.
I’ll wish him the very best and look forward to finding a proper coach who can bring a staff that will satisfy our expectations.
I do believe he truly wanted to turn this around, but if some of the off field stuff is true, his priorities are all messed up. Gtfo and take your frat boys with you.

They've gotta be coming in here feeling pretty confident. We've got a historical advantage having a game under our belts BUT how will they respond to the Illinois loss?

Did he really say that? I don't remember seeing it.

I don’t remember that line? Can anyone dig it up? That would be interesting about now.
Looking for it now... I'll post a link if possible if I can find it. I'll also let you know if I find he didn't say that but I think I read it somewhere. Give me like an hour to find it I'm watching video of interviews now..

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT