Votes: 70 31.0%
  • Fire Frost at end of season

Votes: 59 26.1%
  • Frost could still pull a hat rabbit this year, let’s wait to see

Votes: 63 27.9%
  • He needs that magic 5th year

Votes: 34 15.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone think that Frost would forfeit his buyout? That would be honorable and keep him on good terms, but has that ever happened? I mean of this magnitude

Reactions: HominidHusker
Looking for it now... I'll post a link if possible if I can find it. I'll also let you know if I find he didn't say that but I think I read it somewhere. Give me like an hour to find it I'm watching video of interviews now..
Nope sorry guys, I must have been REALLY high, I watched 5 early interviews and I can't find it.

Reactions: HuskerO
If he loses to Buffalo, fire him after the game. Otherwise wait till after he loses to Michigan State.
Not sure that would bode well for us. Kind of like the 9 win season argument. Why would any coach come here if they could get fired after the 3rd game of a season?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Does anyone think that Frost would forfeit his buyout? That would be honorable and keep him on good terms, but has that ever happened? I mean of this magnitude
I remember when some were saying Riley should do this. Hell no they wouldn't forfeit their buyout & I'm pretty sure none of us would either.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I think Frost will be better off getting fired and he can go back to some no name school and not be heard from again and he can focus on getting his life back in shape.

I looked at game photos to see if I could see if Frost was wearing his weeding ring or not and it's clear from photos from the game he had no weeding ring on.

It's sad that he may be lying to fans and the media about his personal life. I know it's none of our business, but don't lie about it.

Reactions: HuskerO
To see a clearer picture of what seems to be one of the more unifying opinions on this board I’ve seen… time for the Frost era to end.
You really need to at a minimum add the “other” option.

I could list a number of reasons why
Let’s start with the biggest ☝🏻
The donors like Scott, the school likes him/ owes him $25M.

I get it’s not been good at points during a few to many games. The man didn’t come back to N and forgot how to coach. Our talent is better, mental lapses aren’t being coached believe it or not. The do have 11 more games to play. I’m sure by then we shall have a better idea what kind of changes are appropriate for the staff.
As you’re aware, in recruiting relationships take time. With both kids/parents & their HS coaches. So change sets schools back, it’s used negatively against us by others schools

You really need to at a minimum add the “other” option.

I could list a number of reasons why
Let’s start with the biggest ☝🏻
The donors like Scott, the school likes him/ owes him $25M.

I get it’s not been good at points during a few to many games. The man didn’t come back to N and forgot how to coach. Our talent is better, mental lapses aren’t being coached believe it or not. The do have 11 more games to play. I’m sure by then we shall have a better idea what kind of changes are appropriate for the staff.
As you’re aware, in recruiting relationships take time. With both kids/parents & their HS coaches. So change sets schools back, it’s used negatively against us by others schools
I agree the coaching carousel is an awful, destructive game, but this is also ‘serious business’ and there’s a lot of consequences to persisting as bottom dwellers and accepting it.

The reasons have been outlined at length on this board, but in year 4 it’s abundantly clear Frost simply isn’t capable in this league.

1. Lowest scoring offense in 40 years last year (approx. 150 QBs threw more TDs last year, 150!!).
2. Illinois had a bottom tier defense last season, returning much of the same group, and had a few months with new coach to prepare.
3. They beat us with a Rutgers backup transfer and were missing top 2 WRs.
4. We had a 13 play stretch on Sat. that went for -8 yards (negative 8).
5. I re-watched the offense, and our OL play was puzzling. They got consistently torched against 4 man rushes (and a notable 3 man rush). It was rough.
6. The scheme didn’t help
7. Special teams woes years in a row clearly points to coaches not preparing their team.
8. A nation leader in fumbles in his 4th year being allowed to not cover up the ball in a collapsed pocket is also the coaches fault.
9. Other coaches coach fundamentals, and they win more games with ‘lesser talent’ recruiting-wise…. our Junior gets flagged for taunting.
Consistent lack of discipline and basic skills. I don’t blame coaches for isolated mistakes, but years of perpetual patterns are not coincidence.
10. …. the list is plenty longer, but how many reasons does it take?

I agree the coaching carousel is an awful, destructive game, but this is also ‘serious business’ and there’s a lot of consequences to persisting as bottom dwellers and accepting it.

The reasons have been outlined at length on this board, but in year 4 it’s abundantly clear Frost simply isn’t capable in this league.

1. Lowest scoring offense in 40 years last year (approx. 150 QBs threw more TDs last year, 150!!).
2. Illinois had a bottom tier defense last season, returning much of the same group, and had a few months with new coach to prepare.
5. I re-watched the offense, and our OL play was puzzling. They got consistently torched against 4 man rushes (and a notable 3 man rush). It was rough.
7. Special teams woes years in a row clearly points to coaches not preparing their team.
8. A nation leader in fumbles in his 4th year being allowed to not cover up the ball in a collapsed pocket is also the coaches fault.
9. Other coaches coach fundamentals, and they win more games with ‘lesser talent’ recruiting-wise…. our Junior gets flagged for taunting.
Consistent lack of discipline and basic skills. I don’t blame coaches for isolated mistakes, but years of perpetual patterns are not coincidence.

You forgot the most hilarious part of Saturday outside of Cam's safety. Frost snapping the ball and dropping Adrian back to pass at the end of the 1st half. Even Reggie Bush was dumbfounded by it during the halftime show.

Not sure that would bode well for us. Kind of like the 9 win season argument. Why would any coach come here if they could get fired after the 3rd game of a season?
If I were doing the the hiring, I would look for a coach that has a track record of improving his teams each year and assure them they would be given a chance here to succeed. SF was given 4 years to improve here. If SF loses his first three games and gets fired, that’s his own damn fault for not getting the team ready to play. I’m not sure any school would be content with a record like SF. If he wasn’t SF, he probably would have been fired 2 years ago!

So prospective head coach, I see you have a track record of building programs, developing players, and improving their record each year. You would be given the necessary and reasonable time to do that here as we’ve done for previous coaches here (and pretty much what other schools do which is about 4 years). Do you believe in yourself to do that here? If so, then you are the coach we are looking for!

I get it .. but you’re over looking the biggest issue you have. Those that sign the checks LIKE him.
Might I suggest a GoFundThis page

Reactions: HominidHusker
You forgot the most hilarious part of Saturday outside of Cam's safety. Frost snapping the ball and dropping Adrian back to pass at the end of the 1st half. Even Reggie Bush was dumbfounded by it during the halftime show.
Was it stupid? Yes. But it literally had zero effect on the game. He got sacked so what

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT