ADVERTISEMENT

coaching carousel starts early: Franklin to Florida?

A head coach with any integrity isn't going to switch jobs and abandon his players when his team is still midway into the season.

Now IF Florida wants to fire their head coach during the season and name a temporary interim coach that's on the staff or unemployed for the rest of the season, that's fine. BUT I wouldn't want a new head coach that was willing to abandon his team midway through the season. That lack of integrity likely will come back to bite you in the future.

Last edited:
Florida should make a baller move for Ryan Day.

Then it would be fun to watch Ohio State pontificate about bringing in Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban to return them to winning.

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
Florida should make a baller move for Ryan Day.

Then it would be fun to watch Ohio State pontificate about bringing in Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban to return them to winning.
Florida already tried the former Urban Meyer OC route.

They decided that 3 straight trips to the SEC Championship game and winning Orange Bowls wasn't good enough for them.

Now they're being appropriately punished by the football gods.

As stated above, no way this is happening where he leaves to head to Florida this early in the season... that said, IF that ever happened it would create a giant shit show here in Nebraska again because of Rhule's connection to PSU... I really don't want to have to live through another bs carrousel with this team

Reactions: Frozone
Florida already tried the former Urban Meyer OC route.

They decided that 3 straight trips to the SEC Championship game and winning Orange Bowls wasn't good enough for them.

Now they're being appropriately punished by the football gods.
As they should. Alabama actually did a good job, but I hope all of these schools like Bama, Florida, Georgia, etc all fail hard at some point. It's great for fan bases to get humbled.

As stated above, no way this is happening where he leaves to head to Florida this early in the season... that said, IF that ever happened it would create a giant shit show here in Nebraska again because of Rhule's connection to PSU... I really don't want to have to live through another bs carrousel with this team
Lincoln Riley was in the same position. Couldn't quite get over the hump, left for greener pastures at the beginning of the year, but nobody knew til much later.

I don't think Franklin would leave PSU, largely because he's from Pennsylvania and it's hard to see Florida bidding enough to convince him to leave.

Rhule has yet to prove he can run with the titans in the B1G. If he does, his name will be on lists every year. Stressful, but preferable to playing the "okay which coach can we steal from Kansas since ours sucks" yearly carousel.

Lincoln Riley was in the same position. Couldn't quite get over the hump, left for greener pastures at the beginning of the year, but nobody knew til much later.

I don't think Franklin would leave PSU, largely because he's from Pennsylvania and it's hard to see Florida bidding enough to convince him to leave.

Rhule has yet to prove he can run with the titans in the B1G. If he does, his name will be on lists every year. Stressful, but preferable to playing the "okay which coach can we steal from Kansas since ours sucks" yearly carousel.
IMO, people actually should be more worried about schools trying to steal players they'd like to have after the season with those big NIL promises. You can bet there will be schools coming after some Nebraska players.

Reactions: thall_
IMO, people actually should be more worried about schools trying to steal players they'd like to have after the season with those big NIL promises. You can bet there will be schools coming after some Nebraska players.
Another reason I like what Rhule is doing... will we lose some? yes, of course we will, however, we've all seen the retention levels so far and that's a testament to the culture he's creating. if you build a real culture and not something fake it creates an intense level of buy in that's infectious

Reactions: headcard
I don't see Sherrone lasting too long at MI. Looks lost and they lost a lot to the nfl. If they go 8-4 and get blown out by osu it'll get warm for him.
he probably gets this year and the next as a mulligan.

didn't really understand the hire in the first place. dude was a glorified OL coach who sat in the drivers seat with the car on autopilot.

then again, Michigan is a shithole that doesn't attract non-alum, so it's no surprise they had to settle for an in-house hire.

so you're saying it's possible Franklin is leaving?

He (or his agent) always throw his name out there for job openings. I think it is one of those deals like we had with Pelini. The fanbase wants to win championships, and the coach thinks he is doing a great job, and they should build statues of him.

As far as Rhule to PSU, this wouldn't be a bad time for them to hire a new coach because I think they would be looking for a splash hire, and I don't think Rhule has won enough at Nebraska to be that splash hire, yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT