ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cav

You could always put up a poster of Notre Dame Stadium, game day vs. Nebraska, 2000.

AAEJ008.jpg

By the way I know it was a partial sea of red that day...but that particular picture appears to be "Photoshopped" just a bit. Winking

Last edited:
Not a booster, or even a graduate of UNL. I did my undergraduate work at UW Seattle. I was a student in the stands in my Husker gear in 92 when Mike Grant was tackeled for a safety. I think that was his last game as a starter. In fact, I have been to all the Husky v Husker games except the Holiday Bowl game, always in my Husker gear. I did my graduate work at Univ of Kansas in Lawrence.

Even though I have no formal ties, I just don't feel it's right to try and pressure him, and I certainly don't want him to think he might get a break from me in an AP class. It's a tough class and I'm a tough teacher. His education is my number one priority and he will earn his grade. Secondly, It's an important decision for him and he's got to make it.

He knows my passion on the Huskers. I wear my jersey every Friday. I've got a couple Husker posters in my classroom. Whenever he asks a question, like who's my favorite Husker lineman is (Dave Remington and Zach Wiegert) I'll answer. I just don't bring the subject of football up in conversation.

It is an interesting question since I have no formal ties. I guess I could teach him a little more about Husker history and "the Nebraska way". Actually, as I struggle with this, I would like other people's opinion on this. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I wouldn't have waited 10 years to post.

I have been a long time "lurker" on this board and a Big Red fan since growing up in Nebraska in the 1960's and 70's. Now, I'm a teacher at Graham Kapowsin High School outside of Seattle and currently have Foster Sarell in my Advanced Placement Government and Politics class. He was was in my Economics 2 years ago. Coach Cav was in town (4th time I have chatted with him while he is town while recruiting Foster) for the GK game last night. Every time I chat with Coach Cav, I come away more impressed with him as a gentleman. The genuine relationships he develops with his men epitomizes what is great about college football and I can tell you first hand that Foster loves the man and wants to play for him. I try not influence Foster (obviously I would love him to choose Nebraska) as I don't want to abuse my position in a student-teacher relationship. Listening to Cav go on and on about "his guys" as individuals left me proud to Husker fan. If Foster chooses Nebraska, it will be because of Coach Cav.

I know my first post after ten years wasn't much of substance, but I felt compelled to post this after my interactions with the man.
Fantastic post, my fellow educator!! You are doing what you need to do. Show Foster through your actions that DONU is the best place for him...it will be the best decision he could make. Cav is awesome! Tell him Sioux Falls says hello, and yes, I am everywhere!!

If you're interested in what you can do to assist Cav, shoot me a PM. I'll share with you what I did for Cav with Matt Farniok. Don't be shy about your allegiances. It sounds like Foster is a great kid. He'll make the right decision -- you can tell him that while wearing Husker gear ;):D

I have been a long time "lurker" on this board and a Big Red fan since growing up in Nebraska in the 1960's and 70's. Now, I'm a teacher at Graham Kapowsin High School outside of Seattle and currently have Foster Sarell in my Advanced Placement Government and Politics class. He was was in my Economics 2 years ago. Coach Cav was in town (4th time I have chatted with him while he is town while recruiting Foster) for the GK game last night. Every time I chat with Coach Cav, I come away more impressed with him as a gentleman. The genuine relationships he develops with his men epitomizes what is great about college football and I can tell you first hand that Foster loves the man and wants to play for him. I try not influence Foster (obviously I would love him to choose Nebraska) as I don't want to abuse my position in a student-teacher relationship. Listening to Cav go on and on about "his guys" as individuals left me proud to Husker fan. If Foster chooses Nebraska, it will be because of Coach Cav.

I know my first post after ten years wasn't much of substance, but I felt compelled to post this after my interactions with the man.

Go on, abuse, abuse . . . we won't tell! ;)

Not a booster, or even a graduate of UNL. I did my undergraduate work at UW Seattle. I was a student in the stands in my Husker gear in 92 when Mike Grant was tackeled for a safety. I think that was his last game as a starter. In fact, I have been to all the Husky v Husker games except the Holiday Bowl game, always in my Husker gear. I did my graduate work at Univ of Kansas in Lawrence.

Even though I have no formal ties, I just don't feel it's right to try and pressure him, and I certainly don't want him to think he might get a break from me in an AP class. It's a tough class and I'm a tough teacher. His education is my number one priority and he will earn his grade. Secondly, It's an important decision for him and he's got to make it.

He knows my passion on the Huskers. I wear my jersey every Friday. I've got a couple Husker posters in my classroom. Whenever he asks a question, like who's my favorite Husker lineman is (Dave Remington and Zach Wiegert) I'll answer. I just don't bring the subject of football up in conversation.

It is an interesting question since I have no formal ties. I guess I could teach him a little more about Husker history and "the Nebraska way". Actually, as I struggle with this, I would like other people's opinion on this. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I wouldn't have waited 10 years to post.
Talk to @ScienceGuy08 - that is all! :)

Reactions: ScienceGuy08
I remember the game as well but look closely at some of the colors...especially the yellows etc...

Have a great day.
If someone were to photoshop this, why photoshop the yellow?

I think you are looking for something that isn't there...

Thanks, I am having a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT