ADVERTISEMENT

Chubba Purdy

I don't know if its a sign but he is listed in the Student Directory. IF he is N would Logan Leave?

It would be interesting. It will be an open competition through the Spring and I would expect Smothers to stay and compete. If he doesn’t get the starting job, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave.

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
pretty standard procedure - not a sign. That said, i think it's likely to happen. And yeah, Logan would leave.
Listed here

but not here

is kind of interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was also in OU directory, once decision is made he is straight into a school

We've had kids in the directory before that didn't come to Nebraska --- Darnay Holmes for one...this is common practice

Wait just a cotton picking minute! Are you telling me two freaking people go by the name CHUBBA? And have the same last name? I am throwing the flag. “Intentional Drowning” for the person responsible for the name “Chubba”! Sounds like a Star Wars thing. Chewbacca and Jabba the Hut had an extra celestial affair and R2D2 pooped out little CHUBBA.

Chubba is a nickname
I’ve lived 67+ years on this mound of dirt we call earth. I’ve been around the globe and in damn near every geographical area of these here United States. Hell I lived in Mississippi and Australia, where nicknames flow like the Nile. But I ain’t never heard of a Chubba. Chubby, Chubbles, Chubbs, even Chewy. Nope, never Chubba. Where in the world, did that come from?

I’ve lived 67+ years on this mound of dirt we call earth. I’ve been around the globe and in damn near every geographical area of these here United States. Hell I lived in Mississippi and Australia, where nicknames flow like the Nile. But I ain’t never heard of a Chubba. Chubby, Chubbles, Chubbs, even Chewy. Nope, never Chubba. Where in the world, did that come from?
There is a story out there that as a one year old, he was getting pretty chubby, and so they started calling him Chubba, and the nickname stuck. I think his real name is Preston. You can google it and find the details.

his brother already had Tubba

There is a story out there that as a one year old, he was getting pretty chubby, and so they started calling him Chubba, and the nickname stuck. I think his real name is Preston. You can google it and find the details.
Preston Purdy?

1488226774_image.jpg

Now Purdy is “healthy as a horse,” his father said, and recruiters are getting to know the QB again. One fun fact: His real name is Preston, but “Chubba” caught on as a nickname from his dad when he reached 38 pounds as a 1-year-old. “Just gigantic,” Shawn Purdy said. He still has four years to play four.
This is an excerpt from an OWH article from a week ago or so.

Reactions: king_kong_
FbvPY6.gif

Reactions: king_kong_
It would be interesting. It will be an open competition through the Spring and I would expect Smothers to stay and compete. If he doesn’t get the starting job, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave.
There's no way he's getting the starting job. It's Casey Thompson's, and he's going to be the best qb we've had in an awful long time.

There's no way he's getting the starting job. It's Casey Thompson's, and he's going to be the best qb we've had in an awful long time.

I agree. But they will have a competition and I am sure Logan will stay and compete in the Spring and wouldn’t expect him to leave until at least the conclusion of that.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Probably just added to the directory because he got some kind of special visitor pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT