ADVERTISEMENT

Chubba, Chubba, Chubba

So Purdy is also dinged up? What's wrong with him?

I just read something that said Sims is the only QB healthy.

when it's man the inside guys draw defenders away from where the ball's going.

digs/hooks are used to isolate in the corner of the end zone.

basic stuff everybody does.
The hook was the route that was open. Bad read from the qb.

Against Maryland they ran bad routes.

The hook was the route that was open. Bad read from the qb.

Against Maryland they ran bad routes.
that hook isn't in the progression.

it's a 2-man route that's predicated on coverage. hook is window dressing to pull coverage away from the 2 guys who can get the ball.

zone - slant
man - corner

if you think our QBs are reading 3+ on the goal line you simply don't know what you're talking about.

that hook isn't in the progression.

it's a 2-man route that's predicated on coverage.

zone - slant
man - corner

if you think our QBs are reading 3+ on the goal line you simply don't know what you're talking about.
You're wrong about this.

You're wrong about this.
no, I'm not. ask any coach on here.

exactly how it's drawn up & coached.

maybe in the NFL a 3rd and 4th read are added, but not in college and certainly not for a simpleton like sims

There’s a headline at the top of this page now that says “QB1 Purdy” not sure if that’s the “or” they were talking about on the depth chart or if he is officially the starter for Wisky. It will either be him or Sims and I think Purdy will start.

no, I'm not. ask any coach on here.

exactly how it's drawn up & coached.

maybe in the NFL a 3rd and 4th read are added, but not in college and certainly not for a simpleton like sims
I don't need to ask a coach. I've called that play more than once in games.

Reactions: dinglefritz
That's terrific, but again, I'm talking about the play design.
I told you exactly what the design is

we can't execute it because the guy coaching it is clueless & the players running it are incapable

I told you exactly what the design is

we can't execute it because the guy coaching it is clueless & the players running it are incapable
I didn't need you to tell me anything. I know exactly how that play is supposed to work.

You keep going back to the players. I was only talking about the design.

I didn't need you to tell me anything. I know exactly how that play is supposed to work.

You keep going back to the players. I was only talking about the design.
it's a 2-man read as drawn up in both cases.

Rhule said as much.

go watch the minn play & see how the TE over emphasizes his hands when he hooks up at the goal line to draw coverage (didn't work because ball is already out).

window dressing all the way.

I highly doubt you're calling that play and counting on your pop warner QB to progress to a 3rd receiver. maybe it works for you in Madden on Rookie.

extremely basic design we see dozens of times every weekend. only our team turns them into INTs 100% of the time.

Rhule said as much.

go watch the minn play & see how the TE over emphasizes his hands when he hooks up at the goal line to draw coverage (didn't work because ball is already out).

I highly doubt you're calling that play and counting on your pop warner QB to progress to a 3rd receiver. maybe it works for you in Madden on Rookie.
I have never coached a day of pop Warner football.

I don't play madden.

Rhule said as much.

extremely basic design we see dozens of times every weekend. only our team turns them into INTs 100% of the time.

That smash route should be one receiver at the goalline and Kemp to the back pylon. Throw where only Kemp can get it (against man). Such a simple concept, that should be pretty low risk, that we have butchered twice now.

Reactions: king_kong_
That smash route should be one receiver at the goalline and Kemp to the back pylon. Throw where only Kemp can get it (against man). Such a simple concept, that should be pretty low risk, that we have butchered twice now.
yep

3rd read is throw it away

I guarantee there is zero video of a Satt-coached QB anywhere throwing to a 3rd read - late in the middle of the field, no less - on that smash/corner concept

I
I don’t think we can assume though that if we run the ball 3 times and kick a field goal that we win the game. Maryland moved the ball down for a short field goal easily.
Dont recall how much time was left for the last Maryland drive and how many time outs they had, but if NU had run the ball 3 times there would have been less time on the clock for Maryland's last drive. If corrected on time/time outs, I will stand corrected.

Reactions: regionsdoc
I

Dont recall how much time was left for the last Maryland drive and how many time outs they had, but if NU had run the ball 3 times there would have been less time on the clock for Maryland's last drive. If corrected on time/time outs, I will stand corrected.
Their QB made plays and he can sling it. I thought at the end of their drive they were running out clock so I think they would have had time with their timeouts to score. Moot point now. I was just trying to use some logic to analyze the decision to try to score on that pass play against a D selling out to stop the run. Ideally you run it 3 times and score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT