ADVERTISEMENT

Chubba, Chubba, Chubba

jteten

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 6, 2006
Chubba was 1 incompletion, sack, run, or handoff and field goal away from potentially being a hero and prohibitive favorite to start next week. 1 play, 1 bad call, 1 failure. Anything but an INT. Unfortunate. Would’ve been a cool story.

Last edited:
Chubba was 1 incompletion, sack, run, handoff and field goal away from potentially being a hero and prohibitive favorite to start next week. 1 play, 1 bad call, 1 failure. Anything but an INT. Unfortunate. Would’ve been a cool story.
Football is a fickle game.

Reactions: jteten
Chubba was 1 incompletion, sack, run, handoff and field goal away from potentially being a hero and prohibitive favorite to start next week. 1 play, 1 bad call, 1 failure. Anything but an INT. Unfortunate. Would’ve been a cool story.
He's obviously not the hero type which is probably why he was 3rd string to begin with. But he is our best passer and probably gives us our best chance to win. I'd like for him to get a chance to start.

I blame the play call
I always have to ask what the play call was? I didn't watch the game. Did Chubba call an audible or make an RPO adjustment? Usually, 2 or 3 plays are called and the QB selects based on what he sees at the LOS.

Johnson never got a chance to step up thanks to a bad read by chubba and a horrific play call by satt
Yes, all 3 Qbacks making same bad decisions! Either they not listening to Satterfield or he is not coaching! Is he upstairs or on the field!.? They are all winging it at the various times! Throwing it up!🤪

I always have to ask what the play call was? I didn't watch the game. Did Chubba call an audible or make an RPO adjustment? Usually, 2 or 3 plays are called and the QB selects based on what he sees at the LOS.
Not on that one. Just an awful play design. The 1st and goal call I think Rhule said was a run call that Maryland has the right D call for.

Sims shouldn’t even be put in as an emergency QB. He can’t pass without getting picked and he can’t run the wildcat without fumbling, Let Purdy playout the season unless he keeps throwing picks too Then just run the ball with HH and get ready for next year.

Sims shouldn’t even be put in as an emergency QB. He can’t pass without getting picked and he can’t run the wildcat without fumbling, Let Purdy playout the season unless he keeps throwing picks too Then just run the ball with HH and get ready for next year.
Sims should never take another snap unless it’s in a blowout win.

Time to go old school, but instead of running in a wr or RB in with the play, we do it with a QB. Why not at this point, none of them can consistently make good plays or reads.

Reactions: king_kong_
I will go back to what coach Rhule said in his press conference Monday, the quarterback is just one of 11 players on offense. Sadly just like last week it was a team under preforming and making stupid decisions and turnovers

I didn't hate what I saw from Purdy (other than the INT...haha). Given what we have at QB, I'd be willing to roll with him for the next couple games. In the limited time he was at QB, he seemed to actually have some pocket presence, made one decent throw and led the team down the field.

I'd like to see him get some QB1 reps and see what he can do. Can't hurt, we've seen the alternatives and they aren't "better".

Chubba needs to be given #1 snaps this week and start the game. If he does ok against W, give him the start against herky too.
It's all we've got at this point. Sims has proven himself unplayable. HH is close to it. If Chubba is the same so be it, then we are screwed and there is nothing we can do. It a very small glimmer of hope and it's based on uncertainty.

Both Sims and Purdy provided more offensive punch than HH. They can all turn the ball over. I think it’s worth seeing what Purdy can do when prepared to start for an entire week. If he can pass a little better than the other two, and turn the ball over a little less, we might actually look like a decent team.

Both Sims and Purdy provided more offensive punch than HH. They can all turn the ball over. I think it’s worth seeing what Purdy can do when prepared to start for an entire week. If he can pass a little better than the other two, and turn the ball over a little less, we might actually look like a decent team.
This

He was prepared to start twice last year by a much better OC and surrounded by much more talent

Flop, flop

I expect the same if he starts this week. That lollipop throw to kemp was laugh out loud funny

He was prepared to start twice last year by a much better OC and surrounded by much more talent

Flop, flop

I expect the same if he starts this week. That lollipop throw to kemp was laugh out loud funny
To use the same logic that has been prevalent since HH took over, It sounds like you are rooting against Purdy and for the Huskers to lose. 🤣🤣

Chubba was 1 incompletion, sack, run, or handoff and field goal away from potentially being a hero and prohibitive favorite to start next week. 1 play, 1 bad call, 1 failure. Anything but an INT. Unfortunate. Would’ve been a cool story.

Can’t grow into double coverage in the end zone in that situation. Blame the coaches for not teaching these guys situational awareness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT