ADVERTISEMENT

Chinander's gotta go!

Jan 15, 2010
I feel like Chinander is an average D coordinator at best. His team's poor fundamentals, technique, simple concepts that can be adjusted against without counter adjustments are just a few reasons. If our team is going to take that next step we need a high level coordinator. We have the resources, name recognition, facilities coming, and tradition to pull just about whomever we want.

The 3-4 doesn’t work in Lincoln. You have to have an amazing NT to have a good 3-4. We don’t have that. Get him out. Let the new DC pick his coaches. Get them all out of Lincoln. Even Rudd. Our LBers are awful

Is Chinander recruiting anyone personally? Does he have connections to get good recruits? He has a track record as a defensive coordinator now. And that track record is not good.

Reactions: ssmill777
But but but but wait until Chinander gets all his 3 star players in place!

He will surely be competent then.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If he has no inroads to the type of guys that are going to make up for the insane holes in his scheme, he has to hit the road.

Is Chinander recruiting anyone personally? Does he have connections to get good recruits? He has a track record as a defensive coordinator now. And that track record is not good.

Yeah, it would be a shame if we lost some of our illustrious three-star recruits with the lame-duck defensive coordinator.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Hopefully he's not a "Cosgrove"

Agreed. I hope Frost sees this. He gets paid a boatload of cash, regardless. Frost was hired because he was an NU guy. Hopefully, his personal relationships aren't going to bring NU to a low that it can never return from.

I feel like Chinander is an average D coordinator at best. His team's poor fundamentals, technique, simple concepts that can be adjusted against without counter adjustments are just a few reasons. If our team is going to take that next step we need a high level coordinator. We have the resources, name recognition, facilities coming, and tradition to pull just about whomever we want.

He's a low grade below average for an AAC team with no money coming off a winless season.

Reactions: jeans15
He will be here next year no matter how much you complain. Support the team or get lost

tough to lose that game..

I liked how the offense looked better today, but still not good enough to score in the 50's.

you take away their score on that fumble, and the D gives up 31 points, which once again, is average for this defensive scheme.

You can't run this scheme when your offense isn't putting up that many points.

Reactions: ssmill777
I think it served Minn very well firing their dc after our game mid season then put a guy in that nobodys heard of and hes got them playing quite well. Im telling you with the ties Frost has in this game he better have a guy in mind to replace him cause this is pure shit we are getting from the current dc

He will be here next year no matter how much you complain. Support the team or get lost

When they play like they deserve our loyalty then we will.

How bout you get lost..people are selling games out to watch garbage.
What are you talking about.

Tickets aren't free.

The 3-4 doesn’t work in Lincoln. You have to have an amazing NT to have a good 3-4. We don’t have that. Get him out. Let the new DC pick his coaches. Get them all out of Lincoln. Even Rudd. Our LBers are awful
I disagree that you just let your coordinator pick his assistants without input from the head coach. Although I don't think clearing house at this point would hurt. Fisher is the only coach who has shown he's worth keeping and even he wouldn't be that hard to replace.

I don't know if Chinander has to go BUT I will agree this year's defense is just horrible. There's just no understandable excuse for it to be this bad.

When Riley was coaching in his last year, I understood that the defensive staff chemistry was a huge problem with "Handsome Bob" as the helm but I don't understand this year's defense at all. DL should have been real stout and Secondary should have been improved yet it seems worse to me than last year.

The thing that bothers me the most is that this coaching staff seems incapable of making halftime adjustments that would improve second half play. Game after game, these coaches seem to always be outcoached/outsmarted by the changes the opposition coaches make at halftime.

Coach Frost, you better do some serious soul-searching after this season. I pray and hope you find your way.

By that time the golden boy will be on the verge of the hot seat and it will be too late.
Agreed, if Frost was anywhere else besides Nebraska he'd already be on the hot seat. I don't fault him for bringing over his staff and trying to make it work, but that experiment has failed. Frost should learn from his mistake and start cleaning house right away. Keeping these crap assistants around is only going to get himself put on the hot seat.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
The sad part is that we have one of the most experienced defenses in the Big Ten. How bad will we be next year when we're one of the most inexperienced?

The sad part is that we have one of the most experienced defenses in the Big Ten. How bad will we be next year when we're one of the most inexperienced?

Consider: we lose our entire starting DL and our starting MLB. Who is replacing them? GULP

Reactions: The Clutch
Frost must have plugged your girl

Truth hurts. If he keeps Chinander around two more years, Frost will be on the hot seat in year 5 with potentially a new DC at the helm.

Thats a lot of ifs obviously. Assuming Frost has the guts to get rid of his best friend which I seriously doubt.

When they play like they deserve our loyalty then we will.

How bout you get lost..people are selling games out to watch garbage.
What are you talking about.

Tickets aren't free.
Then sit home and save your $ crybaby. Deserve your loyalty? Lol that's a millennial frame of mind

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT