ADVERTISEMENT

Chinander lost this game

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
I know everyone wants to blame Frost for losing the game because of the onside kick call. And I too think it was a stupid call at a stupid time in the game. Especially since our defense was playing like shit and onside kicks are low percentage plays, so the odds were you were going to give their offense a short field against our shit defense.

Which brings me to my main point. The fact is, our offense, despite poor play calling in the run game, did enough to win that game. It was our defense that lost that game for us. Period. Not the offense. Not Frost. Chinander's defense was beyond wretched against a team that last year had one of the worst offenses in P5 football. Now, they might be better this year than last, but my gut says the rest of the season will show us that their offense is not that much improved to explain what we all saw last Saturday.

Everybody gave Chinander props last year for fielding a stingier defense than what we have seen around here in a while. But that is not saying much and last year's defense still had huge issues with getting off the field on third down and which gave up TD drives to the opposing team at the most inopportune moments when you really needed them to rise to the occasion and make a stop. Remember the opening drive by Illinois to start the second half? Or how about the entire freaking first half against Minnesota which was a total embarrassment? And this year's defense looks like a version of Cosgrove's 2007 defense or Diaco's defense in 2017. Weak. Under conditioned. Poor fundamentals and technique. Bad schemes. Confusion.

Had our defense played better then our offense would have gotten more touches and would have had better field position. How many of our drives started inside our ten because our defense let NW get enough first downs to punt from midfield or so? Same problem as last year. Had our defense played better then maybe at the end Thompson would not have been in full "press" mode realizing that the offense needed to score every ****ing time they had the ball since our defense was such a porous sieve.

Chinander is a joke just like his boss. And as we analyze why we lost that game, let's stop focusing on one play -- the onside kick -- and realize that the real reason we lost is that our defensive coordinator is a journeyman hack who has never fielded a really good defense in his entire career.

Funny. He and Frost did win big at UCF. I think the OP may be jealous of Eric and Scott’s success in life.
Maybe the O.P. can get a job at the NU Athletic Department, responding to big meanie fans on message boards. Are there any openings?

I know everyone wants to blame Frost for losing the game because of the onside kick call. And I too think it was a stupid call at a stupid time in the game. Especially since our defense was playing like shit and onside kicks are low percentage plays, so the odds were you were going to give their offense a short field against our shit defense.

Which brings me to my main point. The fact is, our offense, despite poor play calling in the run game, did enough to win that game. It was our defense that lost that game for us. Period. Not the offense. Not Frost. Chinander's defense was beyond wretched against a team that last year had one of the worst offenses in P5 football. Now, they might be better this year than last, but my gut says the rest of the season will show us that their offense is not that much improved to explain what we all saw last Saturday.

Everybody gave Chinander props last year for fielding a stingier defense than what we have seen around here in a while. But that is not saying much and last year's defense still had huge issues with getting off the field on third down and which gave up TD drives to the opposing team at the most inopportune moments when you really needed them to rise to the occasion and make a stop. Remember the opening drive by Illinois to start the second half? Or how about the entire freaking first half against Minnesota which was a total embarrassment? And this year's defense looks like a version of Cosgrove's 2007 defense or Diaco's defense in 2017. Weak. Under conditioned. Poor fundamentals and technique. Bad schemes. Confusion.

Had our defense played better then our offense would have gotten more touches and would have had better field position. How many of our drives started inside our ten because our defense let NW get enough first downs to punt from midfield or so? Same problem as last year. Had our defense played better then maybe at the end Thompson would not have been in full "press" mode realizing that the offense needed to score every ****ing time they had the ball since our defense was such a porous sieve.

Chinander is a joke just like his boss. And as we analyze why we lost that game, let's stop focusing on one play -- the onside kick -- and realize that the real reason we lost is that our defensive coordinator is a journeyman hack who has never fielded a really good defense in his entire career.
The only thing I question is your comment on play calling for the run game. What should have been called differently. NW D was controlling the LOS and their backers filled quickly. Not to mention.we couldn't move anyone with our OL. There was just no where to run.

Scott Frost has lived an awesome life. He must have banged so many girls in college. He’s probably banging them now while guys like us talk about him on a message board

The only thing I question is your comment on play calling for the run game. What should have been called differently. NW D was controlling the LOS and their backers filled quickly. Not to mention.we couldn't move anyone with our OL. There was just no where to run.

Outside runs.

That may help open the inside.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Thanks for using paragraphs. Winking

No. Not all that impressed with Chinander, but Frost can tell him to play a more aggressive defense. He didn't and doesn't.

Reactions: RaulJones
Was the outside even available? What is your definition of outside? Sweep, off tackle, between guard and tackle?
Sweeps, QB keeps, hell a quick toss.

The one time we ran it the freshmen got 9 yards.

Couldn’t have said it any better myself

Scott Frost has lived an awesome life. He must have banged so many girls in college. He’s probably banging them now while guys like us talk about him on a message board
Nice to see a kind word once in a while. Sticking up for Frost. Pointing out that many are just jealous of all the college girls Frost is banging.

You are a bad fan and do not understand the Nebraska way. @calhusker89, can you help out our friend here? RollingLaugh

• Haha
Nice to see a kind word once in a while. Sticking up for Frost. Pointing out that many are just jealous of all the college girls Frost is banging.
I thought your sensitivite little ears couldn’t tolerate such vulgar talk? You really are completely full of shit aren’t you, dimwit?

Reactions: king_kong_

I would agree have to agree with you .

It might be worth mentioning Frost has 15 wins , in 10 of those he scored 35 or more points.

The Defense did play horrible, however I think the mistakes they made can be fixed as the season goes on. Lots of new faces to fill the shoes of 5th and 6 year seniors that have departed. Going to need some time to gel.

Sadly, I don’t think Frost can be fixed as long as he’s roaming the sidelines.

Reactions: RaulJones

I promise you this Northwestern offense is roughly a BILLION times better than it was last year. I promise that. Hull is a good college RB. Porter will be an NFL back and he missed all of last year with a torn up knee. The OL has a top 10ish pick at LT, another draft pick at RT, and the interior OL are all young and VERY improved. Hilinski looked like he figured something out too, or he'll at least not be a complete and total disaster like he was last year. All of those things put together makes me think they'll wind up middle of the pack in the B1G as an offense, assuming they stay healthy, while last year's offense was an abomination to the lord.

I think that was a decent team beating another decent team last week. I know that's not what UNL fans want to hear, but I think they'll win 7-8 games, just as Northwestern should.

That said Scott Frost sucks and I hope UNL keeps him forever

Last edited:
That’s what Scott likes about college girls. He gets older. They stay the same age.

I promise you this Northwestern offense is roughly a BILLION times better than it was last year. I promise that. Hull is a good college RB. Porter will be an NFL back and he missed all of last year with a torn up knee. The OL has a top 10ish pick at LT, another draft pick at RT, and the interior OL are all young and VERY improved. Hilinski looked like he figured something out too, or he'll at least not be a complete and total disaster like he was last year. All of those things put together makes me think they'll wind up middle of the pack in the B1G as an offense, assuming they stay healthy. Last year's offense was an abomination to the lord.

I think that was a decent team beating another decent team last week. I know that's not what UNL fans want to hear, but I think they'll win 7-8 games, just as Northwestern should.

That said Scott Frost sucks and I hope UNL keeps him forever
I like Scott Frost. Reminds me of one of those kids from American Pie.

That said Nebraska had a much easier schedule than the Cats. I think 7 wins would be a tremendous achievement for Northwestern. Probably same as 9 wins in most years.

Disagree completely. The defense sucked... but I'll always believe that momentum is king in football. We had it, and Frost effed the entire team with his latest genius moment. This loss is on Frost and Frost alone. I would love to know what Whipple and Chinander REALLY would like to say about that onside kick.

I like Scott Frost. Reminds me of one of those kids from American Pie.

That said Nebraska had a much easier schedule than the Cats. I think 7 wins would be a tremendous achievement for Northwestern. Probably same as 9 wins in most years.
This is true. Northwestern's conference schedule is brutal. They probably SHOULD be 4-0 in non-con, then i think they can scrape together 2-3 more B1G wins. Prior to last Saturday I would have been elated with a bowl season. Now I would be pissed off if they didn't go to one. It was always going to be a transition year, but they looked like a pretty decent team Saturday. That wasn't close to the team you guys shit on last fall

He could probably bang more girls in a week than I could in a lifetime. Still doesn't make him any less of a loser.

Completely agree. Disaster of a DC. He and Frost can go join Ryan Held in the Sun Belt for all I care. On the personnel side I was nervous from the second they gave Miles Farmer a blackshirt. I knew we were in trouble at that position from that point.

Right on que, playcalling is in question. That didnt take long.

So, if a play doesn't work, it was a bad call? If we don't run certain plays then it is bad playcalling?

How many toss sweeps (not run much in the spread) did NW run? Or getting Helsinki on the edge? By those standards, their play calling stunk as well.

There are some designed QB runs but many are from a read so the QB has the option. What if we ran 10 outside plays and averaged 2 yards, would that be good or bad playcalling?

So, if a play doesn't work, it was a bad call? If we don't run certain plays then it is bad playcalling?

How many toss sweeps (not run much in the spread) did NW run? Or getting Helsinki on the edge? By those standards, their play calling stunk as well.

There are some designed QB runs but many are from a read so the QB has the option. What if we ran 10 outside plays and averaged 2 yards, would that be good or bad playcalling?

We used to have Fullback runs for 2 yards and kept running it.

It's about keeping the defense honest

If they knew we would never run the Fullback the option play would never be effective

What if you had destroyed the team the year before with outside runs?

I thought your sensitivite little ears couldn’t tolerate such vulgar talk? You really are completely full of shit aren’t you, dimwit?
I was being facetious. I've seriously never seen this amount and levels of trolling on a board before...and I commented on it.

It's true, though, that kids see too much foul language and foul behavior on TV though...in my opinion.

Which brings me to my main point. The fact is, our offense, despite poor play calling in the run game, did enough to win that game. It was our defense that lost that game for us. Period.
wow.. did you watch the last drive of the game? the offense did not do enough to win the game. I don't see how anyone can watch that and come up with your line of thinking..

More than just Chinander where is the NFL talent on the defense? Somehow the defense was given a pass bc they weren't as incompetent as the offense in the red zone. Every LB should have been overrecruited in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT