ADVERTISEMENT

CB for Fidone.. he and family loves Nebraska!!

Not really. Unlike Nebraska, Iowa has proven they can take 2-3 star TE’s and develop them dominant college players who eventually turn into NFL first round or All-Pro type players.

Just ask Noah Fant, George Kittle and TJ Hockenson.
Just imagine what Iowa with that all world development could do with such a talent as Fidone. First pick in the draft, all world type player, TD every time he touches the ball... but he would rather go somewhere else. Doesn’t he realize what he’s sacrificing by not going to Iowa?

Just imagine what Iowa with that all world development could do with such a talent as Fidone. First pick in the draft, all world type player, TD every time he touches the ball... but he would rather go somewhere else. Doesn’t he realize what he’s sacrificing by not going to Iowa?

Iowa will continue to develop Mackey Award winners and TE’s that play at a very high level just like they have been.

The real question is does Fidone want to gamble on an unproven school like Nebraska or go with a sure thing like Iowa?

[/QUOTE]
apologies for overlooking 2 people nobody's ever heard of who played 40 years ago

really drives home your point

It does drive the point that Iowa has been producing high level TE’s for decades.

The real question remains does Fidone want to bet on an unproven school like Nebraska or Iowa that has decades of excellence at the position?

It does drive the point that Iowa has been producing high level TE’s for decades.

The real question remains does Fidone want to bet on an unproven school like Nebraska or Iowa that has decades of excellence at the position?
2 in the 80s, 1 in the 90s, 0 in the 2000s, 2 in the 2010s

i'm sure this proven history weighs heavily on his mind

Reactions: timnsun
Iowa will continue to develop Mackey Award winners and TE’s that play at a very high level just like they have been.

The real question is does Fidone want to gamble on an unproven school like Nebraska or go with a sure thing like Iowa?
Nebraska will continue to win championships… 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s… And national championships - 70s and 90s.

The real question is does Fidone want to famble in a proven loser school like Iowa or go with a sure thing like Nebraska?

This is fun!

There is a difference between having recent success and going back 40 years vs only having success 20+ years ago.

Can you grasp the difference?

iowa fan pitching proven success to Fidone:
we had 2 guys your dad's age once, fast forward 30+ years, 2 more guys!

very consistently excellent at the position, indeed

Reactions: SkerInCo
Nebraska will continue to win championships… 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s… And national championships - 70s and 90s.

The real question is does Fidone want to famble in a proven loser school like Iowa or go with a sure thing like Nebraska?

This is fun!

Do Championships from when his Grand Daddy was around impress Fidone? Maybe you can send him some Super 8 old time movies or VHS tapes to educate young Fidone correctly.

You are right this is fun.

I am sure Nebraska having no proven success at the TE position the last 40 years impresses him.
Actually, he's right in a sarcastic way.
You however haven't posted miamis numbers, why is that?
Of all those great TEs, how many won nattys?
Now, back to miami, or Nebraska,crickets?

Do Championships from when his Grand Daddy was around impress Fidone? Maybe you can send him some Super 8 old time movies or VHS tapes to educate young Fidone correctly.

You are right this is fun.
Just pulling a page from your book. If you can go back to the 80s, I figure the 70s are fair game as well.

Get it?

iowa fan pitching proven success to Fidone:
we had 2 guys your dad's age once, fast forward 30+ years, 2 more guys!

very consistently excellent at the position, indeed

Since 2008 Iowa has more TE’s drafted in the NFL than any other school in the Big 10.

The number of TE’s drafted from Nebraska is exactly 0.

Why hasn’t all the NC’s that Nebraska has won the last 50 years had any impact on Nebraska producing quality NFL quality TE’s?

Actually, he's right in a sarcastic way.
You however haven't posted miamis numbers, why is that?
Of all those great TEs, how many won nattys?
Now, back to miami, or Nebraska,crickets?

Why hasn’t Nebraska ever been able to produce quality TE’s despite winning natty’s?

Crickets

Since 2008 Iowa has more TE’s drafted in the NFL than any other school in the Big 10.

Why hasn’t all the NC’s that Nebraska has won the last 50 years had any impact on Nebraska producing quality NFL quality TE’s?
I know this will be hard for you, but our previous coaches didn’t put much stock in the TE. This coach does. I know, I know, tough concept to grasp, but ask your mom to help understand. She can probably do a puppet show for you that will help immensely.

Just pulling a page from your book. If you can go back to the 80s, I figure the 70s are fair game as well.

Get it?

I get that Nebraska can win natty’s 50 years ago but can’t develop TE’s. The question is why can’t Nebraska develop NFL caliber TE’s is they are so awesome?

I get that Nebraska can win natty’s 50 years ago but can’t develop TE’s. The question is why can’t Nebraska develop NFL caliber TE’s is they are so awesome?
Didn’t need to in the championship years. You keep building individuals. Nebraska is about TEAM.

This really is hard for you, isn’t it?

I know this will be hard for you, but our previous coaches didn’t put much stock in the TE. This coach does. I know, I know, tough concept to grasp, but ask your mom to help understand. She can probably do a puppet show for you that will help immensely.

So all Nebraska can sell to Fidone is rhetoric while Iowa can sell actual results.

Got it thanks for clearing that up.

this is a spectacular question, especially since it's right in line with that age-old football adage:

TEs win championships

Reactions: timnsun
Didn’t need to in the championship years. You keep building individuals. Nebraska is about TEAM.

This really is hard for you, isn’t it?

The TEAM that hasn’t been relevant since VHS tapes were the norm.

That isn’t hard at all.

He thinks being TE U is more important than winning actual titles. Maybe they can hang a TE banner next to the 8 win season banners. RollingLaugh

I love it when Nebraska fans mock 8 win seasons when their latest savior can’t get past 5.

Iowa fan has old coaches, doing well for a long time.
New coaches come in and replace those coaches, but it'll likely not be iowa.
Iowas time is almost up

You going to do real well when kf retires, I can see that now

Nebraska and isu fans said the same thing 20 plus years ago when Hayden retired. Both schools have now had 4-5 plus coaches since then.

Keep firing coaches you are bound to get it right someday.

Nebraska and isu fans said the same thing 20 plus years ago when Hayden retired. Both schools have now had 4-5 plus coaches since then.

Keep firing coaches you are bound to get it right someday.
Let me let you in on a great Husker secret, we never gave a crap about iowa, we respected Fry, but we truly didn't give a rip, fact

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT