ADVERTISEMENT

Case for Power Option

I didn't say that Nebraska is going to suck from here on out. I just said that 9-10 wins a year might be the best it gets from here on out (if Solich and Pelini were worse that that, aside from one 7-7 season, feel free to correct me). And no...I don't think Nebraska will get as low as Minnesota in terms of won/loss records. I also asked very respectfully if you were willing to change coaches every 4-7 years if they are not "getting you there"....and you still haven't answered.

Two things regarding your last paragraph:

1) That arrogance might be the reason some Husker fans get treated like garbage in Boulder. That ever occur to you? I have yet to hear an OU, K-State or KU fan complain about how they were treated in Boulder.

2) I may have gotten there first, but considering that neither CU nor Nebraska has been relevant on the national scene for over 20 years, I'd say you've been sitting right there next to me on that bench for quite some time.....never mind that I don't pretend CU is something that they're not.

After 7 years on Frost and he isn't showing progress, I wouldn't hold it against the U if they fired him. He would have made 35 million in compensation for the privilege. Cry me a river if second gear from the Colorado cheer team thinks that is harsh.:rolleyes:

1) Didn't you divorce us awhile back already? If you don't like the arrogance then move on.

2) No one really cares what the University of Colorado has for goals. You don't see Husker fans pissing and moaning about the coaching changes in Boulder......maybe the arrogance goes both ways huh?

After 7 years on Frost and he isn't showing progress, I wouldn't hold it against the U if they fired him. He would have made 35 million in compensation for the privilege. Cry me a river if second gear from the Colorado cheer team thinks that is harsh.:rolleyes:

1) Didn't you divorce us awhile back already? If you don't like the arrogance then move on.

2) No one really cares what the University of Colorado has for goals. You don't see Husker fans pissing and moaning about the coaching changes in Boulder......maybe the arrogance goes both ways huh?
Why would I cry if they canned Frost? I say he should be gone after year 4 or 5 if he does no better than 6-6. Far more harsh than the 7 years you seem to think he deserves.

If you're going to yammer on about divorces, then maybe stop complaining about CU fans....or did someone hack your account.....

Not really pissing and moaning about coaching changes, either.

Again....you're all over the place and either exaggerating or accusing me of things I actually haven't done.

I'm moving on from this thread. Last word is yours, but I probably won't read it.

Last edited:
I didn't say that Nebraska is going to suck from here on out. I just said that 9-10 wins a year might be the best it gets from here on out (if Solich and Pelini were worse that that, aside from one 7-7 season, feel free to correct me). And no...I don't think Nebraska will get as low as Minnesota in terms of won/loss records. I also asked very respectfully if you were willing to change coaches every 4-7 years if they are not "getting you there"....and you still haven't answered.

Two things regarding your last paragraph:

1) That arrogance might be the reason some Husker fans get treated like garbage in Boulder. That ever occur to you? I have yet to hear an OU, K-State or KU fan complain about how they were treated in Boulder.

2) I may have gotten there first, but considering that neither CU nor Nebraska has been relevant on the national scene for over 20 years, I'd say you've been sitting right there next to me on that bench for quite some time.....never mind that I don't pretend CU is something that they're not.
So, if a fan of another team acts arrogant in folsom, that gives cu fans the right to treat them like garbage? Noticed you didn’t say “I don’t condone that behavior.”

You must have not been to many games in the late 80’s and 90’s and 2000’s in boulder, there were plenty of OU, KSU, Mizzou fans getting a lot of hate thrown their way by cu fans, I was at many of those games and witnessed first hand as well as Big12 games where cu fans were going off on Texas and TA&M folks as well. Plenty of those fans would tell you otherwise to your face how they were treated.

I don’t recall entire student sections being thrown out of other stadiums. You speak of arrogance, you’re so full of it that it oozes out of all your holes, I’m surprised you haven’t choked to death or suffocated from it.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Why would I cry if they canned Frost? I say he should be gone after year 4 or 5 if he does no better than 6-6. Far more harsh than the 7 years you seem to think he deserves.

If you're going to yammer on about divorces, then maybe stop complaining about CU fans....or did someone hack your account.....

Not really pissing and moaning about coaching changes, either.

Again....you're all over the place and either exaggerating or accusing me of things I actually haven't done.

I'm moving on from this thread. Last word is yours, but I probably won't read it.

Hey, we're divorced. Get the he'll out of my house b!+€#.

:eek: Laughing

Reactions: Bugeater
So is HCSF saying that we should be patient for him to recruit the players that will fit his system?

I think the power option game will be implemented but I don't think he's going to go very far away from the 50/50 run/pass play calling.

I can see the Cornhuskers breaking out a power run play when they need it or even like they've done and make a series out of it and hit em with a play action pass. But I think the under center stuff isn't going to be 100%, it might get to 25% if they get a dominant o line installed.

So is HCSF saying that we should be patient for him to recruit the players that will fit his system?

I think the power option game will be implemented but I don't think he's going to go very far away from the 50/50 run/pass play calling.

I can see the Cornhuskers breaking out a power run play when they need it or even like they've done and make a series out of it and hit em with a play action pass. But I think the under center stuff isn't going to be 100%, it might get to 25% if they get a dominant o line installed.
I suppose that would be a step in a particular direction. Still waiting to see what our identity will be. We can't continue to be "multiple". That's a cop out. Plant your own flag in the ground.

Last edited:
I suppose that would be a step in a particular direction. Still waiting to see what our identity will be. We can't continue to be "multiple". That's a cop out.

I think he's going to need some exceptional lineman to jump back and forth between styles of offense. I hope he's not having to chase unicorns to get that thing going.

So, if a fan of another team acts arrogant in folsom, that gives cu fans the right to treat them like garbage? Noticed you didn’t say “I don’t condone that behavior.”

You must have not been to many games in the late 80’s and 90’s and 2000’s in boulder, there were plenty of OU, KSU, Mizzou fans getting a lot of hate thrown their way by cu fans, I was at many of those games and witnessed first hand as well as Big12 games where cu fans were going off on Texas and TA&M folks as well. Plenty of those fans would tell you otherwise to your face how they were treated.

I don’t recall entire student sections being thrown out of other stadiums. You speak of arrogance, you’re so full of it that it oozes out of all your holes, I’m surprised you haven’t choked to death or suffocated from it.
Wow.....you went to a bunch of CU games when they played opponents besides Nebraska? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I've been to 4 CU-Nebraska games in Boulder, and didn't see anything beyond a rude comment....and it went both ways. I guess I just went to the 4 when nothing happened....

One section of students was thrown out one time, because it wasn't obvious who the idiot(s) were.

Yeah...there's CU fans that are jerks. However, what they don't do is verbally harass the family of or send death threats to CU players for dropping passes like certain Husker fans have done (Niles Paul). Adult CU fans don't heckle junior high and high school age children of CU assistants at their own sporting events simply because their dads aren't winning games, like certain Husker fans did during the Callahan era. I also never heard a single joke or derogatory comment from a CU fan about a certain deceased Nebraska QB. I can't say the same regarding certain Husker fans and a certain deceased CU QB. I also know CU fans that had their cars keyed in Lincoln. Maybe come down off that high horse of yours, and live in reality.

I don't condone the things that go on, but I also know I won't be fixing it....so here's my advice to you......if a trip to Boulder is so bad, then don't go in 2023 or whenever they play there next. If you're going to go, then quit complaining, and cut out the victimhood complex. It would be a cold day in Hades before I'd keep subjecting myself to such treatment in the name of watching a football game, and then turn around and complain about it.

That's the difference between you and I....I can acknowledge the idiots in the CU fan base. You seem to either be ignorant or unwilling to do the same regarding the Husker fan base.

I'll give you the last word as well. Hopefully you come up with something more mature than your buddy Sinomatic.

Last edited:

One thing we forget about the option is that Tom lost 8 straight bowl games, and in 94 only had a 36% winning percentage in bowl games. He finished strong of course but the extra preparation time certainly equalized the uniqueness of the offense. That would sway me to push for as much offensive talent as possible because the ultimate goal is the playoffs, and you need to get creative to win after a team can prep a bit.

Funny, he's moved on twice and given others the last word, how genius. Let us know when the encore is coming, that should be a doozy.

One thing we forget about the option is that Tom lost 8 straight bowl games, and in 94 only had a 36% winning percentage in bowl games. He finished strong of course but the extra preparation time certainly equalized the uniqueness of the offense. That would sway me to push for as much offensive talent as possible because the ultimate goal is the playoffs, and you need to get creative to win after a team can prep a bit.

That's a good point, but also that speed and discipline on defense is key to stopping that option attack. Those Florida defenses in the 90s.

Reactions: F5Tornado
That's a good point, but also that speed and discipline on defense is key to stopping that option attack. Those Florida defenses in the 90s.
I've watched every bowl games from 86-98 recently. Our passing game was very poor, very inefficient and disjointed. Even against single coverage and no safety help. There was always a speed gap from the big 8 to the SEC and I think we really feasted on slow northern defenses in the big 8. We had an 88% winning percentage against the big 8, 54% against top 25, 36% in bowl games. And that 12% was nearly all against one opponent...the southern most team in the big 8. I think the move to the big 12 ended the option because of the speed introduced and the subsequent moves to speed for the other big 8 teams.

I've watched every bowl games from 86-98 recently. Our passing game was very poor, very inefficient and disjointed. Even against single coverage and no safety help. There was always a speed gap from the big 8 to the SEC and I think we really feasted on slow northern defenses in the big 8. We had an 88% winning percentage against the big 8, 54% against top 25, 36% in bowl games. And that 12% was nearly all against one opponent...the southern most team in the big 8. I think the move to the big 12 ended the option because of the speed introduced and the subsequent moves to speed for the other big 8 teams.

during the Osborne era when Nebraska and Oklahoma both entered the game ranked in the top 10 - Nebraska's record was 2-12

Well sir, my blind guess is that HCSF's #1 priority is developing a real pipeline. "If" he gets that done (my mindless bet is he will), we're all going to be buying each other 30 beers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT