ADVERTISEMENT

Case for Power Option

Always like it when people on here, the "world's greatest fans" can only refute points by calling people trolls.

Sorry if I don't buy the notion that Colorado, Troy, Minnesota, and Iowa have better talent than Nebraska....and yet they've all beaten Frost at least once.

So...here it is again.....

Imagine it is the end of the 2021 season. The roster is full of Frost recruits, minus a smattering of players that were using a redshirt year for the 2017 season--Riley's last. The best Frost has done in 4 seasons is 6-6. Does he deserve a 5th season?

I only ask, because it is a distinct possibility.
Go look at the schedule for 2021.. you tell me

I don't think the alignment (3-4) is our issue against, as much as really bad LB play. Check out this from Damon Benning:
When your in a goal-line defense with 3 DL versus 6 or even 7 of them with their hands on the turf, who do you think will win (every time)? We have to go big in those situations. They just walked into the end zone.

I wasn't making a best argument to you, I was stating a FACT.

No, you don't know more about the Husker program, but you keep thinking that. The fact that you tell someone they're putting the cart before the horse assuming Frost will be here in years 4 and 5 is hilarious, you're doing the same thing by assuming he may not.

You're acting now as you did when you first came around, you'll take your snarky little shots at Nebraska or the posters here. Why you came around this board is a mystery, you like to come off as some sort of intellect regarding football, but you're really just a pompous person who shows yourself to be an imbecile.

Is his current talent on hand worse that what Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado and Troy have? Very simple question to answer.

"Oh....and most people with their priorities in order have their own problems to worry about. Surely you've learned by now the fortunes of the Colorado and Nebraska football teams have zero bearing on the functioning of the world."

Those are your own words above in quotation. Funny, Nebraska football and this message board must be a priority for you and has a significant bearing on you functioning in life, here you are, and here you seem to be staying, therefore, very significant, Mr. Husker Know-It-All. Hilarious.
I'm not the one that call people trolls or other names...and while not addressing the topic at hand....nor have I claimed to be a Husker know-it-all.

Now that we got that out of the way, we can go back to the question I raised...

If Frost is no better than 6-6 once he has 4 recruiting classes of his players on hand, why does he deserve more time? Riley had one good season sandwiched between 2 bad ones...not nearly enough time to destroy a program.

The guy is an asshole, plain and simple, I hope the Mods get on the ball and launch him out quickly. But I can't wait for him to respond with his Freudian conjecture, it's always funny. He knows more about Husker history, so he's got that going for him.
If you think the mod should toss me because you just don't like me, that says a lot about you....most of it bad,

You got the Iowa part wrong in regards to Pelini? You've been following Husker football since junior high, you should have known that part of Husker history, correct? Hilarious.
Can you address the bigger point, or are you just content to nitpick a small part that I got wrong?

You don't think last year's Iowa team had a more talented roster than Nebraska? Seriously? The far superior line play on both sides of the ball, the two first-round picks at tight end and the more experienced QB - those don't add up to a talent advantage?

Not saying Iowa isn't well-coached, or that it didn't take a lot of player development to build that roster. But if you're saying Iowa didn't enter the 2018 Nebraska game with a talent advantage, you're either trolling or completely out of your mind.
What about the others....Colorado, Minnesota, and Troy? Is their talent better than Nebraska's?

What about the others....Colorado, Minnesota, and Troy? Is their talent better than Nebraska's?
Can you answer my question first? Or did you just add Iowa to the list because you felt you were on a roll?

Do you really believe Iowa's 2018 roster was not more talented than Nebraska's?

Reactions: Sinomatic
Can you answer my question first? Or did you just add Iowa to the list because you felt you were on a roll?

Do you really believe Iowa's 2018 roster was not more talented than Nebraska's?
I think it was due to more talent development than talent itself, and having the right people for what they want to do---which I think is more important. Wisconsin is Exhibit A.

Now....do you think Colorado in either 2018 or 2019, Minnesota in 2019, and Troy in 2018 all have/had better talent that Nebraska? Just wondering, because I don't.

Last edited:
I don't think the alignment (3-4) is our issue against, as much as really bad LB play. Check out this from Damon Benning:

Yes sir, it's looks to be far more the marginal play of our LBs. With a 3-4 defense having only three linemen and with little help from our lbs.....it's a rough damn business for our Dline's big uglies.

I really don't know "why". I thought Barry & Honus would be absolutely terrific this year.....shows you what I know. :confused: JoJo looks to be playing good but that's about it (wish he was a little bigger though).

Yes sir, it's looks to be far more the marginal play of our LBs. With a 3-4 defense having only three linemen and with little help from our lbs.....it's a rough damn business for our Dline's big uglies.

I really don't know "why". I thought Barry & Honus would be absolutely terrific this year.....shows you what I know. :confused: JoJo looks to be playing good but that's about it (wish he was a little bigger though).
Was expecting big things from Barry this season. Not there.

Was expecting big things from Barry this season. Not there.

Yeah, it's a mystery. Same with AMart (unless he was playing hurt....I don't know). I thought Honus was just starting to play quite well last year right before his injury. Heh....it's just wayyyyy over my head.

You forgot the best reason: When it is clicking on all cylinders, it is a thing of beauty to watch :p

I think it was due to more talent development than talent itself, and having the right people for what they want to do---which I think is more important. Wisconsin is Exhibit A.

I would agree with this, but then what does last year's game prove? That Ferentz and his staff did a better job of developing the talent on their 2018 roster over the course of four or five seasons than Frost and his staff did in one? I think most people would concede that point. Actually pretty surprising that the game came down to a late FG.

Now....do you think Colorado in either 2018 or 2019, Minnesota in 2019, and Troy in 2018 all have/had better talent that Nebraska? Just wondering, because I don't.

Sadly with Nebraska starting a QB against Troy who is now 4th string, I saw no big edge in talent in that game. If you want to say that Troy was also better-prepared and better-coached that day, I won't argue. But this wasn't a case of an overmatched team pulling off a big upset.

I think Colorado and Nebraska have a similar level of talent on the roster and I'm not surprised they have played two very close games. I thought NU would win this year but I predicted a very tight game. I'm also not one of the people who feel Frost is miles ahead of Mel Tucker as a HC. I don't think he'll work miracles at CU, but I believe Tucker was a solid hire.

Minnesota is a bit of a puzzler. I think the talent levels are similar, which is why PJ Fleck probably asked himself why the Gophers got curb-stomped in Lincoln last year, and why Frost should be asking himself the same question this week. Neither of those lopsided outcomes makes much sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssmill777
I would agree with this, but then what does last year's game prove? That Ferentz and his staff did a better job of developing the talent on their 2018 roster over the course of four or five seasons than Frost and his staff did in one? I think most people would concede that point. Actually pretty surprising that the game came down to a late FG.

Sadly with Nebraska starting a QB against Troy who is now 4th string, I saw no big edge in talent in that game. If you want to say that Troy was also better-prepared and better-coached that day, I won't argue. But this wasn't a case of an overmatched team pulling off a big upset.

I think Colorado and Nebraska have a similar level of talent on the roster and I'm not surprised they have played two very close games. I thought NU would win this year but I predicted a very tight game. I'm also not one of the people who feel Frost is miles ahead of Mel Tucker as a HC. I don't think he'll work miracles at CU, but I believe Tucker was a solid hire.

Minnesota is a bit of a puzzler. I think the talent levels are similar, which is why PJ Fleck was probably asked himself why the Gophers got curb-stomped in Lincoln last year, and why Frost should be asking himself the same question this week. Neither of those lopsided outcomes makes much sense to me.

Very good post sir & a good read. I too have no answers. For me, above all else, I'm really blown away that in year two our OLine is being so outrageously inept. But then, we've got so many other big problems....I can hardly believe it.

It's a wild & crazy year.....I'll just hope for the best!

Excellent post sir. A good & fun read!

However, I would like to add as I see it anyway, HCSF is now playing in the Big10 which is way, wayyyyyy more physical & brutal than the AAC. He now knows 100% for sure that in the Big10 if you can't run the ball you're in deep, deep doo-doo. I'd bet the ranch he's scheming already for NU smashmouth.

I was watching the 2006 Huskers against texas the other night. That 2006 team was pretty decent. And remember seeing Callahan moving from pass happy to run happy and power...even the most stubborn coaches have schemes within schemes to take advantage of talent. The issue is players do not always want to do the scheme. Is AM going to be happy running in between the tackles 15 times a game?

No, all of you is bad, and eventually they’ll get around to it.
I know...what a sad commentary on life that I am scum because of a team that I like and that I say things that make people mad....and I do it without insults and name-calling no less....

Minnesota is a bit of a puzzler. I think the talent levels are similar, which is why PJ Fleck probably asked himself why the Gophers got curb-stomped in Lincoln last year, and why Frost should be asking himself the same question this week. Neither of those lopsided outcomes makes much sense to me.
I'd maybe agree with you on Troy to a point. I still don't think that Troy was that close in talent...but closer than maybe people expected them to be.

I thought Nebraska would win this year against CU...I guess I swallowed the Kool-Aid as to how good Nebraska was supposed to be as well. I am a guy that will be happy if CU can get 8-11 wins a season consistently...and I think they can if the administration decides it's important. I like the hire of Tucker...been around a lot of big-boy football as a coach....which to me is a better leg up than the hot mid-major guy, but that's just my opinion.

I could probably concede the point on Minnesota...although I'd still give the slight edge to Nebraska on talent. I think Fleck is a better coach than people on here (in general, not necessarily you, per se) give him credit for being.

Thanks for the civility. Your last post is why I come on here.

1) So I got the Iowa part wrong with regards to Pelini. My bad. The point still stands...which is that Nebraska has out-recruited Iowa every year...and yet doesn't beat them with any regularity since both have been Big 10 members.

2) I don't think you can look at Solich's record at Ohio and use it to impugn his job at Nebraska Ohio was one of the worst programs in the US when he got there.

1)Whether or not Nebraska has out recruited any team doesn't matter. You yourself in just a handful of posts to the north said that obviously development has been an issue. Which we are all very cognizant of here in Huskerland. Which brings me to point number...

2)If Frank was developing and recruiting in a fertile ground such as Ohio to a championship level you would think that at sometime in 14 years after being a coach for longer, that he should have got one by now. And if you think its tough taking the leftovers in the state of Ohio to win a ship with the conference the Bobcats are in I will contend that the recruiting grounds that are native to Nebraska compared to the conference they are in is much harder. He wasn't going to make it. He had top recruiting classes left by Tom Osborne. Top ten I would contend.

So if you'd like to go rub Frank Solich's belly over his firing 14 freaking years ago then by all means go over to the Ohio board and start rubbing.

1)Whether or not Nebraska has out recruited any team doesn't matter. You yourself in just a handful of posts to the north said that obviously development has been an issue. Which we are all very cognizant of here in Huskerland. Which brings me to point number...

2)If Frank was developing and recruiting in a fertile ground such as Ohio to a championship level you would think that at sometime in 14 years after being a coach for longer, that he should have got one by now. And if you think its tough taking the leftovers in the state of Ohio to win a ship with the conference the Bobcats are in I will contend that the recruiting grounds that are native to Nebraska compared to the conference they are in is much harder. He wasn't going to make it. He had top recruiting classes left by Tom Osborne. Top ten I would contend.

So if you'd like to go rub Frank Solich's belly over his firing 14 freaking years ago then by all means go over to the Ohio board and start rubbing.

Callahan lost, so he was sent packing. Pelini won 9-10 games every year, but was blown out in big games, and bashed fair weather fans, so he was canned. Riley had 2 losing seasons in 3 years, so he was canned.

So, maybe Solich doesn't get you there....but you're not going to convince me that Nebraska gained anything by firing him, because facts, history, and results since his firing dictate otherwise. The last conference title and NC game appearance were on his watch.....the latter with very few if any of Obsorne's players left.

Reactions: bshirt73
Callahan lost, so he was sent packing. Pelini won 9-10 games every year, but was blown out in big games, and bashed fair weather fans, so he was canned. Riley had 2 losing seasons in 3 years, so he was canned.

So, maybe Solich doesn't get you there....but you're not going to convince me that Nebraska gained anything by firing him, because facts, history, and results since his firing dictate otherwise. The last conference title and NC game appearance were on his watch.....the latter with very few if any of Obsorne's players left.

If Solich doesn't get us there then Nebraska gains a chance at someone who can by getting rid of who doesn't look like will get you there.

Are you completely lost or are you just arguing? Because you seem sorta 2nd gear to me.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
If Solich doesn't get us there then Nebraska gains a chance at someone who can by getting rid of who doesn't look like will get you there.

Are you completely lost or are you just arguing? Because you seem sorta 2nd gear to me.
So, you're arguing that, by firing Solich after a 58-19 record, that you gained something that hasn't happened and may never happen.

OK.

I hate to tell you, but I don't think Frost gets you there, either. So, are you just going to be on board with firing coaches every 3-6 years because they're someone who "doesn't look like they'll get you there"? Why are you so sure Nebraska is going to get there?

I think it's just as likely that Nebraska becomes Minnesota---the long-time power that has slipped into decades of being a non-player on the national scene---as they do in becoming Alabama.

And...notice that, even though you may not like my argument, I make it without the need to insult. Are you capable of doing the same?

So, you're arguing that, by firing Solich after a 58-19 record, that you gained something that hasn't happened and may never happen.

OK.

I hate to tell you, but I don't think Frost gets you there, either. So, are you just going to be on board with firing coaches every 3-6 years because they're someone who "doesn't look like they'll get you there"? Why are you so sure Nebraska is going to get there?

I think it's just as likely that Nebraska becomes Minnesota---the long-time power that has slipped into decades of being a non-player on the national scene---as they do in becoming Alabama.

And...notice that, even though you may not like my argument, I make it without the need to insult. Are you capable of doing the same?

Re-read the last post until you get it. I'm not going to destroy the engine, pedal to the metal, in second gear because that is all the faster you wish to go. I've heard this argument you're spitting for 14 years. And you know what? It doesn't matter does it McFly? You're not taking the Delorian back in time and seizing the reigns of AD at Nebraska to change anything. So WGAS?

I hate to tell ya, but it really doesn't matter what you think about the Nebraska football team.

And to be very clear: I just do not care to politely address condescending jerks.

You had your chance to leave after an honest question or two. Not sure if your finger is in the air, but you're not exactly welcome by probably a good contingent anymore. My guess....that finger is somewhere else.

Reactions: F5Tornado
Re-read the last post until you get it. I'm not going to destroy the engine, pedal to the metal, in second gear because that is all the faster you wish to go. I've heard this argument you're spitting for 14 years. And you know what? It doesn't matter does it McFly? You're not taking the Delorian back in time and seizing the reigns of AD at Nebraska to change anything. So WGAS?

I hate to tell ya, but it really doesn't matter what you think about the Nebraska football team.

And to be very clear: I just do not care to politely address condescending jerks.

You had your chance to leave after an honest question or two. Not sure if your finger is in the air, but you're not exactly welcome by probably a good contingent anymore. My guess....that finger is somewhere else.
Then feel free to ignore my posts, then. No one forced you to respond.

Then feel free to ignore my posts, then. No one forced you to respond.

Hey if you spout off some patently wrong bull, then expect to get called on it.

Especially if you're also wagging your finger at some of our fans for not living up to your "Greatest fans in College Football" expectations....you hypocritical jerk.

Bobby Bowden got a good welcome here and people used to clap for the opposition, and you know what happened over the years? Piss cups, balloons, the elderly getting jeered and yelled at, fights for no reason, cars keyed-windows, tires, and antennas destroyed and this year Colorado decides to make a statement to it's fans to cut that garbage out...after 40 years.

So excuse me, but maybe you shouldn't respond.

Hey if you spout off some patently wrong bull, then expect to get called on it.

Especially if you're also wagging your finger at some of our fans for not living up to your "Greatest fans in College Football" expectations....you hypocritical jerk.

Bobby Bowden got a good welcome here and people used to clap for the opposition, and you know what happened over the years? Piss cups, balloons, the elderly getting jeered and yelled at, fights for no reason, cars keyed-windows, tires, and antennas destroyed and this year Colorado decides to make a statement to it's fans to cut that garbage out...after 40 years.

So excuse me, but maybe you shouldn't respond.

1) I didn't say anything about Nebraska fans during our little back and forth.....but since you went there (because you have nothing else to argue)....

2) The "Greatest Fans in College Football" label wasn't attached by me. That's something that I am reminded of. This just in...if you have to remind people of that, then you really aren't.

3) You sound like your blaming CU fans for Nebraska fans no longer clapping for the opponent. That's pretty pathetic. I've gone to Husker games against Illinois and Northwestern, and they didn't clap, aside from a very small contingent in the corner. CU has nothing to do with that. I also have Nebraska plates on my vehicles. In 20 years of going to Boulder to see family, I've never had a problem...and I have nothing on my truck that relates to CU.

4) Yeah..there's jerks at CU. Won't deny it....but if the treatment is so bad, then why continue to go to games there? Sounds to me like it's exaggerated....but if you're going to MAKE THE CHOICE to go to games in Boulder, then don't complain. I'm betting that, to you, if a Nebraska fan blows out a tire on a pothole on I-76, it was some kind of anti-Husker act, perpetrated by CU fans.

5) I don't recall any CU fan making Brook Berringer jokes.

6) Lastly....I remember that children of Callahan assistants getting heckled by alleged adults at their own scholastic sporting events. I also recall Niles Paul and family being harassed after the game and getting death threats....all because he dropped a few passes against Texas. Maybe come down off that high horse for a few minutes.

Here you go Dory. Don't forget to wash your hair after you pull your head out of your ass.
Classic case.....

First, you change topics because you run out of intelligent points. Then, when you run out of topics and points to make on said topics, you start with the insults. Not surprising....

Have a nice day.

Classic case.....

First, you change topics because you run out of intelligent points. Then, when you run out of topics and points to make on said topics, you start with the insults. Not surprising....

Have a nice day.

Potato

You guys need to stop it with the "bring back the power option" every time NU has a bad loss. First off you sound like a 1940s salesman trying to tell Sears how they can beat Amazon. "See what ya gotta do is put your catalog in every living room!"

Secondly, you have some idea how complex that offense is to operate?

We have an OL that can't block inside zone right now, why on earth would you think they're gonna execute the intricacies of Osborne's playbook? The '97 playbook is out there on the internet, you can download the whole thing, go right ahead.

Team that can't run the ball and your solution is to dust off an offense that nobody else in college but GaTech and a couple service academies run. What has Georgia Tech won running triple all the time? Nothing. Where's Paul Johnson's big upgrade coaching job? It's nowhere. None of the title contenders want him, the NFL doesn't want him.

Thirdly, high schools don't run that offense any more. Watch film on our recruits and commits, you're not gonna see them banging out 35 carries a game from the Wishbone. Teams run read option out of gun and pistol, just how it is.

I do think NU has to be very good running the ball again to have a reliable offense in the cold and wind of Lincoln in November. That does not automatically equate to running triple option out of the I and wing sets.

Reactions: leodisflowers
You guys need to stop it with the "bring back the power option" every time NU has a bad loss. First off you sound like a 1940s salesman trying to tell Sears how they can beat Amazon. "See what ya gotta do is put your catalog in every living room!"

Secondly, you have some idea how complex that offense is to operate?

We have an OL that can't block inside zone right now, why on earth would you think they're gonna execute the intricacies of Osborne's playbook? The '97 playbook is out there on the internet, you can download the whole thing, go right ahead.

Team that can't run the ball and your solution is to dust off an offense that nobody else in college but GaTech and a couple service academies run. What has Georgia Tech won running triple all the time? Nothing. Where's Paul Johnson's big upgrade coaching job? It's nowhere. None of the title contenders want him, the NFL doesn't want him.

Thirdly, high schools don't run that offense any more. Watch film on our recruits and commits, you're not gonna see them banging out 35 carries a game from the Wishbone. Teams run read option out of gun and pistol, just how it is.

I do think NU has to be very good running the ball again to have a reliable offense in the cold and wind of Lincoln in November. That does not automatically equate to running triple option out of the I and wing sets.

Well Beav, I most respectfully disagree.

How much proof do you need to see the problem we've had winning games? We've seen Callahan & Smiling Mike throwing the ball everywhere and what did we get? Losing games anywhere & everywhere. Over & over & over.

Also, since joining the Big10, I would think it's outrageously obvious that without a damn good running game you've got problems in River City. How many blow-out losses does it take to ring your head that's something is wrong? Very wrong.

I don't care at all what you claim high school football is. Hell, Army "now" plays Michigan 10,000 times tougher than we have the last couple of years. It's not even remotely close......you know that Beav.

Stating that we just need a running game only for cold & windy games is dead wrong my friend. I'm not trying to be a jerk Beav, you're a sharp dude and I like your posts! But you're missing the obvious.

I guess it's just a bizarre fluke that Wisconsin runs over us with the greatest of ease year after year after year? Oh yeah, Whisky hasn't won any NCs......well guess what......we sure as hell haven't either since we dumped our smashmouth running game.

How much proof do you need to see the problem we've had winning games? We've seen Callahan & Smiling Mike throwing the ball everywhere and what did we get? Losing games anywhere & everywhere. Over & over & over.

Also, since joining the Big10, I would think it's outrageously obvious that without a damn good running game you've got problems in River City. How many blow-out losses does it take to ring your head that's something is wrong? Very wrong.

I don't care at all what you claim high school football is. Hell, Army "now" plays Michigan 10,000 times tougher than we have the last couple of years. It's not even remotely close......you know that Beav.

Stating that we just need a running game only for cold & windy games is dead wrong my friend. I'm not trying to be a jerk Beav, you're a sharp dude and I like your posts! But you're missing the obvious.

I guess it's just a bizarre fluke that Wisconsin runs over us with the greatest of ease year after year after year? Oh yeah, Whisky hasn't won any NCs......well guess what......we sure as hell haven't either since we dumped our smashmouth running game.

If not the power option, then what is our IDENTITY ???
Just being another team that is "multiple" and runs all these smoke & mirrors schemes is not an identity. It's copycat and we will never be the best at it. Just another second-rate clone.

We could be the very best power option team in the country if we focused on it.
And we could recruit to it. We did before and it won us championships. Everyone in the country knew what Cornhusker football was all about. And it wasn't just a bunch of good ole boys with corn cobs stuffed in their coveralls. Establish our identity, fully commit to it, and sell it in living rooms.

Last edited:

If the goal is to lose closer games then sure, go to an antiquated, ball control offense. Slow the game way down, leave the other team with less time to run it up on you. But that's exactly what you just described is a set of teams that are pesky in big games but don't win anything of substance.

Nebraska needs to become pesky in big games, that's sadly a run on the ladder that is well above their heads right now, but it isn't the end of the climb.

The problem with Callahan and Riley was not the forward pass. The problem is that the coaches and players were not particularly good.

Scott very obviously has every intention of running the football and of running plays with 3 and even 4 kinds of option action built into them. But I don't give a crap if he brings back the 1940s T formation, it isn't going to matter if they don't get themselves some players with talent and experience in his system. They don't have much of either right now and they can't get them with anything but time.

Last edited:
If not the power option, then what is our IDENTITY ???
Just being another team that is "multiple" and runs all these smoke & mirrors schemes is not an identity. It's copycat and we will never be the best at it. Just another second-rate clone.

We could be the very best power option team in the country if we focused on it.
And we could recruit to it. We did before and it won us championships. Everyone in the country knew what Cornhusker football was all about. And it wasn't just a bunch of good ole boys with corn cobs stuffed in their coveralls. Establish our identity, fully commit to it, and sell it in living rooms.
Dude they don't have an "identity" right now because their players eff up everything they call. They've been spending the whole year throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if something will stick and none of it does.

The o-line can't block, there are no plays in football that go well with an o-line that can't block anyone.

Dude they don't have an "identity" right now because their players eff up everything they call. They've been spending the whole year throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if something will stick and none of it does.

The o-line can't block, there are no plays in football that go well with an o-line that can't block anyone.

Sure, so nothing will really work at this time. As long as we are in full rebuilding mode, let's rebuild around an identity.

If the goal is to lose closer games then sure, go to an antiquated, ball control offense. Slow the game way down, leave the other team with less time to run it up on you. But that's exactly what you just described is a set of teams that are pesky in big games but don't win anything of substance.

Nebraska needs to become pesky in big games, that's sadly a run on the ladder that is well above their heads right now, but it isn't the end of the climb.

The problem with Callahan and Riley was not the forward pass. The problem is that the coaches and players were not particularly good.

Scott very obviously has every intention of running the football and of running plays with 3 and even 4 kinds of option action built into them. But I don't give a crap if he brings back the 1940s T formation, it isn't going to matter if they don't get themselves some players with talent and experience in his system. They don't have much of either right now and they can't get them with anything but time.

Having a good running game means you can't win anything of substance? Oh geesh.....c'mon Beav. You're way, wayyyyyy sharper than that.

But you're certainly right in that we don't have the talent or experience that's desperately needed. True enough sir! And developing the crucially needed big uglies isn't a five minute process. Lots of skilled guys almost succeed instantly. But not the big boys.

So anyways, as you say, we can't give them anything but time. Heh.....that's damn rough for us fans. Somehow we'll just have to hack it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT