ADVERTISEMENT

Can we shut up about AM now

He missed some wide open guys in the Illinois game that would have been huge plays for us and he didn't have anybody in his face on those.
You’ll have to point those out to me. Because, it seemed he was very rushed in that game. Of course I was 3 sheets by the third quarter..

I guess not, since it was the new record.
Arizona St. did the same thing for years. They ran nothing but short screen passes and their qb's had very high completion percentages. But they never won shit because you need a vertical passing game to go along with it.

Arizona St. did the same thing for years. They ran nothing but short screen passes and their qb's had very high completion percentages. But they never won shit because you need a vertical passing game to go along with it.
That is great and I agree but he set the record. So can you show me a link that shows that all his passes. were just short screens, I am guessing. you mean at the LOS or 3 yards past at most.

That is great and I agree but he set the record. So can you show me a link that shows that all his passes. were just short screens, I am guessing. you mean at the LOS or 3 yards past at most.
The vast majority of his passes are, and I think someone had a graphic in the past couple days that showed the completion breakdown on each part of the field.

The vast majority of his passes are, and I think someone had a graphic in the past couple days that showed the completion breakdown on each part of the field.
Awesome! When you find it and when is show that that the vast majority of his completed passed are behind, at or 3 yards past the LOS, can you post it? Thanks!

Improve his game. Win games. Cut out the turnovers. What most leaders, QBs and Captains should do.
I get that, and his TO in the Illinois game b4 half was brutal. My point is that he is a good representative of the University, a good kid, and worth rooting for.

I was at the game today—-warm one. As good of an athlete that he is, AM will have a tough time thriving with this offensive scheme. He has his moments, for sure, but it just doesn’t play to his strengths….
sort of a head scratcher really.

He has been playing better. Hope he can keep it going against OK
This is all I was trying to say...enough with the bagging on the kid lets get behind him for once.Hes doing some giod things its not like I expect him to go out and beat OU but man it aure would be nice to have a few go our way!

He holds it too long, it’s like he is afraid to throw it and let WR make a play.

Go back and look at that 4th & 3. We had #3 open for a TD if you hit him in stride but he was locked in on the shorter route to our TE and still threw a bad pass. Its little things like that add up costing us over the course of a game.

It is becoming obvious to me that having great receivers like Toure makes a big difference. Should be obvious to everyone by now. Give Martinez some weapons and an OL that doesn't make a ton of mental mistakes.
Martinez needs to work on when to get rid of the ball. Taking sacks & losses when he doesn't need to after being a 4th year starter is frustrating.

Martinez needs to work on when to get rid of the ball. Taking sacks & losses when he doesn't need to after being a 4th year starter is frustrating.
That's what people seem to be missing. Sure he completed near 80% of his passes today. But he takes stupid sacks and makes bad decisions on critical downs. He can put up numbers at times, but he's not a winning qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT