ADVERTISEMENT

Can we shut up about AM now

This kid has done everything we need him to this year..and then some.. congrats Adrian

You realize what is ahead with the schedule, right? Shit gets real now starting this coming Saturday at Oklahoma. Buffalo didn't end up being that good. Oklahoma will end up having AM doing his AM things.

• Haha
Reactions: yunginsNU2
I've said it before. You can tell in the first two seconds how the play is going to go.

Good technique, good things happen.

Happy feet, the play is doomed.

Just when I thought AM was getting into a nice rhythm in the second half, he went happy feet and things got ugly. He has to be much more consistent.

I've said it before. You can tell in the first two seconds how the play is going to go.

Good technique, good things happen.

Happy feet, the play is doomed.

Just when I thought AM was getting into a nice rhythm in the second half, he went happy feet and things got ugly. He has to be much more consistent.
Happy feet?

If you don't think his crappy performances are on the oline then you arent paying attention. He lines up behind the weakest oline in college football. You cant run the ball up the middle for more than 2 yards a pop? GTFO. When he has time he can be dangerous as he showed today

can anybody spell nfl? just kidding. nice enough game and a big w. thought they would mess up and loose this game, glad they won rather handily. clear some stuff up again and who knows

Reactions: BleedRed78
Agree - the only reason he has bad plays is bc our oline sucks - they can’t protect and can’t block for run game. It’s all individual effort by AM. If Oline was fixed we would be at least 8 win team.
While that would surely help. He misses way to many wide open receivers and even on his completions he‘s often late or throws his receivers into dangerous spots. He’s just not a good passer.

Our line sucks balls. That is his biggest problem

You realize Burrow was sacked 35 times in 18 and 19, right? Most Martinez has ever been sacked in a season in his career is 23. Burrow did drop back way more in 19 than martinez but not that much more in 18 between the 2.

QBs get pressured in today's offenses. Can't hold the ball as long as he does.

Last edited:
You realize Burrow was sacked 35 timed in 18 and 19, right? Most Mattinez has ever been sacked in a season in his career is 23. Burrow did drop back way more in 19 than martinez but not that much more in 18 between the 2.

QBs get pressured in today's offenses. Can't hold the ball as long as he does.

For some reason the krazed koolaid drinkers on here don't understand this! Most QB's get pressured, Burrow was flustered all the time in '19 but he ran around and made precision throws still. Then when he had decent protection he was even more deadly. Just look at that highlight reel from that year on YouTube!

Adrian doesn't hit most guys in stride 80% of the time or takes too long to throw the damn ball. He plays scared to throw and I believe it's because he is so scared to make a mistake. He follows the lead of his coach.

What happened to the NO FEAR OF FAILURE bs???! Just let the dude PLAY and NOT THINK so damn much and he may be a decent NCAA QB this year!

Reactions: Bruce1981
Last season he set the all time NU record for completion %
That stat is a little deceiving and it's padded by all of the bubble screens he threw. His yards per attempt was terrible which goes back to the type of throws he was making. He's not a terrible passer but he's inconsistent and you don't want to have to live and die with him passing the ball.

While that would surely help. He misses way to many wide open receivers and even on his completions he‘s often late or throws his receivers into dangerous spots. He’s just not a good passer.
The question is…is he rushed in those instances?

That stat is a little deceiving and it's padded by all of the bubble screens he threw. His yards per attempt was terrible which goes back to the type of throws he was making. He's not a terrible passer but he's inconsistent and you don't want to have to live and die with him passing the ball.
The stat is what it is...the best ever in school history.

It is not like he threw 6 passes all year.

He missed some wide open guys in the Illinois game that would have been huge plays for us and he didn't have anybody in his face on those.
No, he lame WR's suck at running. He had another one today that a dude dropped as well.

Look, I think he is a losing QB, i believe some guys win and some lose, I think he is the guy that does not win. But his stats are good, period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT