ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Klubnik

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
It's looking like his tenure at Clemson is going in the wrong direction (partly his fault) and I'd expect he will transfer. He'd be a top QB in the portal. The question is his coachability after trying to override his coach and costing Clemson a game with an audible gone wrong. Still vastly better throwing QB than anyone we have.

There will be a few, but Klubnik seems likely to transfer since he can’t make the right reads in Riley’s offense. The guys at TCU were good in that offense so it’s on Klubnik.
Can’t wait for portal season! Though I would prefer several others over this dude…

I'd take Klubnik. He would be an upgrade. Jalen Milroe has had a bit of a rocky relationship at Alabama. If one of these other top teams falls apart, there's potential there for the fan base to turn and for their qb to want to transfer.

I would go after Mark Gronowski at South Dakota State. He does nothing but win. Yeah it's at a lower level, but I'd rather have a QB with a long record of winning, instead of one with a long record of losing like Sims.
I’d show some serious interest with Gronowski. He’s 6-3 and 220. He’d be a big upgrade over what we currently have.

We will need to spend a pretty penny for a top portal QB…..and we should be 100% in on doing that. Nebraska spent $150 plus Million on a brand new building for Football, spent X amount to get rid of Frost, spent a ton on Ruhl, announced a $450 Million Stadium upgrade, spending on some key players for next season should be a priority And should be Peanuts compared to the other Football expenditures.

Reactions: V-Doub
There will be a QB in the portal from Georgia, Texas and Ohio State among others. Watch out for those. A graduate transfer or someone with only two years left would be nice to give Kaelin a chance to get his body right for the B1G and learn the offense.

I would go after Mark Gronowski at South Dakota State. He does nothing but win. Yeah it's at a lower level, but I'd rather have a QB with a long record of winning, instead of one with a long record of losing like Sims.
I’ve had multiple SDSU fans express concerns about being able to provide enough NIL money to keep players. They have one large donor with the resources though to pay a kid or two in to the six figures and make him work a banking internship to earn it. Their QB is a good player.

We will need to spend a pretty penny for a top portal QB…..and we should be 100% in on doing that. Nebraska spent $150 plus Million on a brand new building for Football, spent X amount to get rid of Frost, spent a ton on Ruhl, announced a $450 Million Stadium upgrade, spending on some key players for next season should be a priority And should be Peanuts compared to the other Football expenditures.
You realize that the university and football program don’t pay NIL, right? It’s not like deciding to upgrade facilities.

no thanks.

Garrett Riley made Shane Buechele an NFL draft pick and Max Duggan a Heisman finalist. if Klubnik can't work under him, he's trash.
I wouldn't say Riley made Buechele an NFL draft pick.. That credit more goes to Lashlee and Dykes.,

I’ve had multiple SDSU fans express concerns about being able to provide enough NIL money to keep players. They have one large donor with the resources though to pay a kid or two in to the six figures and make him work a banking internship to earn it. Their QB is a good player.
Daktronics?

There will be a QB in the portal from Georgia, Texas and Ohio State among others. Watch out for those. A graduate transfer or someone with only two years left would be nice to give Kaelin a chance to get his body right for the B1G and learn the offense.
Yeah unless Kaelin is a generational talent throwing him right out there would be stupid. We need a solid veteran that can go a couple years while Kaelin develops.

HH is solid but really hasn't shown he can be effective in the passing game beyond short throws. Even his command of the option is a work in progress. This team is like the 2015 Broncos - carried by a great defense and marginally adequate offense.

I'll be in New Orleans for work next week so I'll slip by Tulane and palm Michael Pratt a benjamin and a cornhead. Should be N.

• Haha
Reactions: StPeteSkers
I'll be in New Orleans for work next week so I'll slip by Tulane and palm Michael Pratt a benjamin and a cornhead. Should be N.
Just got back from that place and hadn't been in about 5 years. Wow. It was bad. The second line we had for the wedding we attended had to be diverted because of a murder and the next day my wife was about 10 feet from a nasty knife fight. About every 5 foot there seemed to be a street urchin just passed out on the ground. Always have liked NOLA, but man this time it was hard to stomach.

Reactions: mgbreis
Just got back from that place and hadn't been in about 5 years. Wow. It was bad. The second line we had for the wedding we attended had to be diverted because of a murder and the next day my wife was about 10 feet from a nasty knife fight. About every 5 foot there seemed to be a street urchin just passed out on the ground. Always have liked NOLA, but man this time it was hard to stomach.
I've been going regularly for work for 15 years. We moved our office out of downtown about 4 years ago and now we're mainly out in Metairie. The locals we know don't really want to go down there anymore. These are the same people that 10 years ago would tell me the Quarter was the safest place in NOLA because of the police presence! I will say, Metairie is boring and you might as well be in west Omaha. Better food though! I used to love getting in an afternoon walk next to the river, but I guess those days are over.

I was in NOLA in 2010 and found it to be fun and easygoing. The people seemed happy yo have visitors back and the city was still recovering from Katrina. I went back in 2017 and the whole vibe had changed. Definitely felt more intimidating with all the hustlers, etc. Now I've heard it's even worse since the murder rate is the highest in the country.

Reactions: ZJSWILLCOSTYOU
I was in NOLA in 2010 and found it to be fun and easygoing. The people seemed happy yo have visitors back and the city was still recovering from Katrina. I went back in 2017 and the whole vibe had changed. Definitely felt more intimidating with all the hustlers, etc. Now I've heard it's even worse since the murder rate is the highest in the country.
Yep.. used to be a fun, dirty city.. now just a dangerous dirty city

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT