ADVERTISEMENT

Burtch tore meniscus, Suspensions

[QUOTE it ="p lanor ed, is post: 555267, member: 3180"]Bo was an ass and embarrassed Neb, if he had won a NC I would have felt the same. Classless pos.[/QUOTE]

Either you're a liar or just like the sake of argument. Somewhere deep down as you wear your National Championship T-shirt you would've thought "man, he had the balls to tell it like it is, and now he's got scoreboard, respect." Besides, my argument is not that YOU wouldn't look past his issues, but the fanbase as a whole would've changed their tune. Look at Trump, tell it like it is, diss some bitches & lead in the polls. That's today's society boys. Just be glad that you've only got a few more years on this planet, ya fogeys. You shant worry about Huskers next Natty cause it ain't happnin' in your lifetime. Until the true Native Son comes home and takes Rural Meyer out to pasture, we are in "nice guy" mode.

Reactions: worldstarhusker
I don't know why you guys are still talking about Bo, but the main reason Bo failed is because he could not handle the fishbowl here.

The amount of pressure and number of eyeballs on everything you do, this is the main catalyst in why things turned out the way they did. Yes, he did this, or said that, etc.. those were all frustrations that came out in let's say, not the best way. I don't understand people's need to continue to vilify him. I think he bent over backwards to try to do everything that everyone asked of him, but again, in my opinion, it all stems from his inability to handle the pressure and unique situation here.

Once he labeled the media and fans and then the administration as the boogey man, it did him in. And when you recognize the fishbowl as the problem, who else can you blame? It seems only logical. I think it takes a very unique personality to be able to handle this place, and in that light, we are all somewhat to blame in our own little way.

Had Bo won a championship, things absolutely would have been different. It is such a fine line here.. we almost ran Tom out of town, then he got over the hump, and the result is he basically became a legend. Coaching here will either make you, or break you.

I don't know why you guys are still talking about Bo, but the main reason Bo failed is because he could not handle the fishbowl here.

The amount of pressure and number of eyeballs on everything you do, this is the main catalyst in why things turned out the way they did. Yes, he did this, or said that, etc.. those were all frustrations that came out in let's say, not the best way. I don't understand people's need to continue to vilify him. I think he bent over backwards to try to do everything that everyone asked of him, but again, in my opinion, it all stems from his inability to handle the pressure and unique situation here.

Once he labeled the media and fans and then the administration as the boogey man, it did him in. And when you recognize the fishbowl as the problem, who else can you blame? It seems only logical. I think it takes a very unique personality to be able to handle this place, and in that light, we are all somewhat to blame in our own little way.

Had Bo won a championship, things absolutely would have been different. It is such a fine line here.. we almost ran Tom out of town, then he got over the hump, and the result is he basically became a legend. Coaching here will either make you, or break you.
^^^Gets it.

Bo's shortcomings as a coach are all fixable once he fixes his shortcomings in dealing with that which vexes him which is a much harder fix.

Bo's hot buttons are so big and so available that they get pushed simply by his bumping into a questioning media or cross fans or administrative slights. A major weakness that is completely on him and I have little faith he will ever fix that.

He's in a good spot out of the fishbowl that is Lincoln and back home in Youngstown. And we're in a good spot with him gone.

^^^Gets it.

Bo's shortcomings as a coach are all fixable once he fixes his shortcomings in dealing with that which vexes him which is a much harder fix.

Bo's hot buttons are so big and so available that they get pushed simply by his bumping into a questioning media or cross fans or administrative slights. A major weakness that is completely on him and I have little faith he will ever fix that.

He's in a good spot out of the fishbowl that is Lincoln and back home in Youngstown. And we're in a good spot with him gone.

I think that is some of it, but not all of it. It doesn't explain everything, like why did he never think that in the BiG TeN, it might be good to stop the run game FIRST when going against the likes of Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc? Or what the hell was his deal with Els, perhaps the worst LB coach in the country? and so on...

I think that is some of it, but not all of it. It doesn't explain everything, like why did he never think that in the BiG TeN, it might be good to stop the run game FIRST when going against the likes of Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc? Or what the hell was his deal with Els, perhaps the worst LB coach in the country? and so on...

I simply have no idea why he never thought of that but you have described what I've called his shortcomings as a coach. They were real and best illustrated by last year's Wisconsin game where that particular failure played out exactly as before. Incredible.

I truly believe he could have fixed that had he been able to first fix the problems described above by NikkiSixx. Problems that I do not believe he can fix.

I don't understand people's need to continue to vilify him. I think he bent over backwards to try to do everything that everyone asked of him, but again, in my opinion, it all stems from his inability to handle the pressure and unique situation here.
I continue to vilify him because HE keeps taking digs at NU on his end. If he would just STFU about how great YSU is by dissing Nebraska, this thread wouldn't even be here.

The situation at Nebraska isn't unique. Ask Brady Hoke or Bob Stoops.

I think you miss the point. The allegedly disaffected player is entitled to straight talk from the coaches about his status and he indeed may need a Fix Your Attitude talk. If THAT hurts his feelings, so be it. But he should not hear about it through the media. He should hear it directly from his coaches.
Perhaps I assume too much, but I would assume the kid is probably already aware of what the coaches think of his attitude.

Sorry, but that is ridiculous if you are implying that Nebraska is significantly different than other top 25-40 programs as far as pressure to succeed. Bo was not mature enough or professional enough to handle being a head coach. It is that simple.

That's fine, to each his own, but if you believe raising proper young men is a CFB coach's job, I can't help you. Today's FOOTBALL FACTORY universities are not raising ANY students properly, much less it's athletes. Open your eyes, bud. Who's the last national champion that within 5 years of winning it all hasn't had rampant criminal behavior, violations or a coach that leaves for something better? You can't be "nice" & "clean" AND win when everyone else is dirty.

Players always say the coach was a father figure to them. Any time an 18 year is around someone so much for 4-5 years, they will be molded by the personality of that person. That is undeniable. Head coaches raise young men as their top mentor as they are becoming adults.

Reactions: sparky62
Players always say the coach was a father figure to them. Any time an 18 year is around someone so much for 4-5 years, they will be molded by the personality of that person. That is undeniable. Head coaches raise young men as their top mentor as they are becoming adults.

I said universities are not raising them PROPERLY, not that there's absence of trying.

Sorry, but that is ridiculous if you are implying that Nebraska is significantly different than other top 25-40 programs as far as pressure to succeed. Bo was not mature enough or professional enough to handle being a head coach. It is that simple.

Nebraska IS significant different than most places. The pressure to succeed at Nebraska is about as high as it comes in college football. I'd say there are truly 10 top pressure jobs in college football: Nebraska, notre dame, Alabama, Texas. Michigan, Ohio state, Oklahoma, LSU, auburn, and penn state. Again, not listing the top jobs or the best programs. But the program's with the highest pressure to win. Feel free to disagree, as I'm sure there are a few others that some may argue (Florida, a&m, Georgia) but overall there arent many programs out there putting the pressure on like Nebraska in firing two 9 win per year coaches in a little over a decade. The bar is high and the audience is great at Nebraska.

Nebraska IS significant different than most places. The pressure to succeed at Nebraska is about as high as it comes in college football. I'd say there are truly 10 top pressure jobs in college football: Nebraska, notre dame, Alabama, Texas. Michigan, Ohio state, Oklahoma, LSU, auburn, and penn state. Again, not listing the top jobs or the best programs. But the program's with the highest pressure to win. Feel free to disagree, as I'm sure there are a few others that some may argue (Florida, a&m, Georgia) but overall there arent many programs out there putting the pressure on like Nebraska in firing two 9 win per year coaches in a little over a decade. The bar is high and the audience is great at Nebraska.

You forgot USC and Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT