ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly

It doesn’t take a full cupboard of top shelf talent to beat teams in the big 10 west.
It also doesn't take long to turn things around with the new transfer rule if you hire the right guy. USC was 4-8 last year and now are a possible playoff team. Kansas is in a bowl in year 2 after being awful for more than a decade. If a coach doesn't at least show good signs early, it isn't going to happen

Bottom line is he's an experienced coach who won at Cincinnati and Notre Dame and went to the playoffs.

Now doing alright at LSU by beating Alabama in his first season, a herculean effort for any SEC coach.

Also, that much coaching experience is not needed in the BIG west to beat Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois.

Those 4 games plus 2 nonconference wins are the minimum games almost any coach not named Frost would win, and grow each year from there to win the west division in two years. See what Illinois did in 2 years under Beilema.

Bottom line is he's an experienced coach who won at Cincinnati and Notre Dame and went to the playoffs.

Now doing alright at LSU by beating Alabama in his first season, a herculean effort for any SEC coach.

Also, that much coaching experience is not needed in the BIG west to beat Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois.

Those 4 games plus 2 nonconference wins are the minimum games almost any coach not named Frost would win, and grow each year from there to win the west division in two years. See what Illinois did in 2 years under Beilema.
Yep. YOu can hate on him all you want, but that ****er gets it done. It'd be awesome to have him at NU.

It also doesn't take long to turn things around with the new transfer rule if you hire the right guy. USC was 4-8 last year and now are a possible playoff team. Kansas is in a bowl in year 2 after being awful for more than a decade. If a coach doesn't at least show good signs early, it isn't going to happen
LSUs starting QB who is a stud was a transfer….Hire the right head coach who has put QBs in the NFL and we’ll get a good QB transfer

Leipold has won SIX Division 3 NCs at Wisconsin Whitewater. And he built BUFFALO into an end of year ranked team. And he has turned around Kansas.

You will be lucky as hell if you can nab him. Despite what your dumber fans will think.

That doesn't impress me at all.

When I see him a Major howl when a major conference championship. .

Then I will be impressed.

Reactions: king_kong_
That doesn't impress me at all.

When I see him a Major howl when a major conference championship. .

Then I will be impressed.

So you want someone who is available who has won a major conference championship. Like, Les Miles or Gus Malzahn maybe?

So you want someone who is available who has won a major conference championship. Like, Les Miles or Gus Malzahn maybe?

It doesn't matter who we get. We aren't winning NCs anytime soon. Neither is any team from the north.

Just get me to a bowl game.

Leipold has won SIX Division 3 NCs at Wisconsin Whitewater. And he built BUFFALO into an end of year ranked team. And he has turned around Kansas.

You will be lucky as hell if you can nab him. Despite what your dumber fans will think.
God help me, I agree with you. Leipold would beat the shit out of losers like Fleck and Brohm. People are severely discounting what he has done at Kansas.

Would be lucky to get him yes. Unfortunately, no sitting P5 coach that Nebraska would like to offer would touch that job right now. Aranda wouldn't make that jump, Stoops wouldn't make that jump. Kiffin wouldn't make that jump. Campbell probably would, but would think he's out of it now. They'll let their names float out there for more leverage in their existing jobs, but there is no sitting P5 coach who's sniffing that job that nebraska would want.

BoB
Joseph
Chadwell
Patterson
Rhule

One of those will be your coach ... smart money is Rhule or BoB

If nebraska was smart they'd be lining up the money trucks to get Freeze who would absolutely kill it at nebraska. But nebraska football isn't smart enough to see that move unfortunately

Last edited:
God help me, I agree with you. Leipold would beat the shit out of losers like Fleck and Brohm. People are severely discounting what he has done at Kansas.
I know, and it sickens me. Leipold spent a lot of years at Whitewater and as an assistant to UNO and NU, during which time he really learned how to run a program and build a winning culture. He has a process for turning around a team that cannot be underestimated or undervalued. It is so f****** obvious he is the right pick. Within 3 years, he is winning 9, 10, 11 games a year. Run with that for 8 to 10 years and our program is on very solid footing.

Buffalo and Kansas are such awful programs. It is amazing what he's been able to do with them. Undeniable. I want to see what he can do at a place with real money and a real desire to win. So sad how we fiddle f***** around for the last 20 years.

Reactions: mgbreis
The only reason I hated Kelly was that he coached at Norte Dame…..
I've really never hated anyone, but I've never liked Kelly at Cincinnati, Notre Dame, or LSU, but, I don't think there's any doubt he's one of the 5 better coaches in the country right now.

Saban, Riley, Day, Smart. Right in that group.

Likely the weakest dancer, a bad joke teller, and his southern accent need lots of work. He should just stick to coaching and let the naturally cool guys do that other stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT