ADVERTISEMENT

Brain Vapor Lock Here

I believe it was mentioned before but I think he would’ve been here the same time as Henery so he wasn’t needed

Reactions: saluno22
Zuerlein was granted a 6th year of eligibility by the NCAA, but it only applied to D2. So, his only option after UNO folded football was another D2 school and that ended up being Missouri Western.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Saying you're better than the most accurate kicker in program history might cross the line.
To play devils advocate, one is kicking for an NFL team in the super bowl and the other is no longer even in the league.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Henery was a Husker. He actually held the NCAA record for accuracy when he graduated but was eclipsed in 2009.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/fg-pct-player-career.html

Last edited:
Why would only college years count? He thought he was “just as good or better”, and he’s the one who’s made it farther at the highest level.
You're really going to argue this? Congratulations to Greg Zuerlein-he's doing nicely for himself in the NFL. I'm happy with what Alex Henery accomplished for us. Because in the end, that's all I really care about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shermski77
Because what he would have done at Nebraska is what is relevant to us.
No, that’s what’s relevant to you, not the quote itself.
I mean-you're really going to argue and try to diminish the results of the best kicker we ever had?
I said I was glad Henery was a Husker and then posted about his accomplishment of being the most accurate kicker in NCAA history at the time. So not sure where your coming from on this one.

No, that’s what’s relevant to you, not the quote itself.

I said I was glad Henery was a Husker and then posted about his accomplishment of being the most accurate kicker in NCAA history at the time. So not sure where your coming from on this one.
That's what is relevant to me because he said that when he was trying to become the kicker at Nebraska. And yes, I think that was a little arrogant to come in and say you were better than the best kicker in program history. You obviously don't. Fine. We disagree on this.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT