ADVERTISEMENT

Bo recruited players reveling in Eichorst firing.

Not true. Dabo won a division title his 1st full season and a conference championship in his 3rd full season. We gave Bo 7 years without a conference championship despite him acting like a lunatic.

Riley is 16-13 at Nebraska. Dabo was 17-12 his first 29 at Clemson. Tom would have been chomping at the bit behind the scenes completely tearing this guy apart.

Of course Bo got 7 years....another Tom choice. Rcords, quality of play, professionalism only matter when Tom didn't pick the guy. Nebraska is a complete joke at this point.

Not true. Dabo won a division title his 1st full season and a conference championship in his 3rd full season. We gave Bo 7 years without a conference championship despite him acting like a lunatic.

Maybe he wants to rethink that Dabo scenario, huh? Hahahaha Boom Roasted

We have seen a parade of on-field reunions in recent years for the great teams of the 90s. I can hardly wait to see all of those great players from the fabulous Bo years when it's their turn to be honored.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't have a problem with it. I didn't really like or dislike the AD.
thats how that job is, you win or don't.
I just meant compared to devany, AD's seem to have a short life span

I guess Mark Dantonio, Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney aren't very good coaches...

Whose fault is it that we didn't have a quality QB behind Tommy?
Look at the record of the team, they took over. I know two of the three increased wins and were in bowls right away. Saban and Dantonio got to bowls their first year. Saban also had a good turn around at MSU. Without looking I think he increased the wins total at Toledo right off the bat. Dabo had a different situation than most where he was named interim head coach during the season. You can go down the list of good to great coaches. A very large portion of them increase wins right away. Riley took a 9 win team down to 5 wins. I should have clarified i meant increased win totals. I don't mean championships or anything like that.

Last edited:
Whose fault is it that we didn't have a quality QB behind Tommy?[/QUOTE]

Most college teams don't end up having a great backup anymore. If the kid is beat out, they transfer. They were talking about the top 100 qbs in the nation on ESPN. Around 50 percent were transferring out. Riley is also in year three and got his savior. We heard the media types and fans make stupid assumptions on how great Tanner Lee would be because he tore up 7-7. Reality is harsh when you actually have to play real football. Tommy and T-Mart were much better than Lee. Lee won't make it through the season. Riley has no one to blame but himself for the qb situation. He has had time to figure it out. It's funny now to look back and see Tommy was a better qb. Husker fans thought he was the biggest joke ever. If Lee could have played last year and there was no Tommy you could have chalked up another losing season for Riley. At worst if Tommy was the qb this year, we are 2-1. There is no way we lose last week.

Reactions: Snickerdoodle70
I will bet Bo is not all that comcerned about SE getting fired. Especially since he is most likely still dealing with the fallout of playing a convicted rapist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archie Graham
What...basically what everyone is doing right now except for TrueHuskerFan. Don't try holding former players to a different standard.

The actions we take show the character we have, didn't say those going over the top who never wore a jersey are in any way less character exposed, they just don't draw the spotlight as easily or have the inside past either.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Bo Pelini in my opinion was a good coach, and I do believe he was headed in the right direction prior to the 2010 Texas A&M debacle where we lost 9-6. After that game there was a divide internally between the coaches and the administration.

I was at that game, and I can tell you first hand we were cheated in that game. I felt Bo had every right to be pissed off in that game, because I was there and I was just as angry. I can only imagine how he felt after Perlman publicly reprimanded him. After that day Bo Pelini no longer gave a rats @$$ about Nebraska, and did not put forth any effort in making it a good team.

I will never understand anyone that thinks Bo should not of been let go, because it was blatantly obvious that he did not care. That not caring is still affecting this team we see today. We have 5 Seniors playing in the game against Rutgers... FIVE, Weber(Former Walk On) Nebraska kid, Two former Walk on Nebraska TE's (Ketter and Hoppes), Our Nebraska PK Drew Brown and DPE who looks to be making more mistakes as a Senior than he did as a Freshman. Are those mistakes because he isn't coached well or are these mistakes because... I think you know where I'm going with this. Riley and Co. need to recognize that..

That being said Riley is the head man now and needs to make the changes needed to get us to where we need to be. At this point it sure doesn't look like he is going to get that chance. I find it extremely funny that our seniors are missing in action, and that seems to be just a coincidence.

Bo Pelini split our fan base up, because our previous administration threw him under the bus. Then the Us vs the World mentality started.

I don't like what I am seeing with this team this year, the play soft and seem to not have any want to. That is all on Riley, because he has not got this team mentally prepared, and I would go as far as saying that some of them are not mentally on his side. I will always pull for the guy in charge, because if he succeeds it is a win, win. I pulled for Solich until the day he was fired. I pulled for Callahan until the Oklahoma State game when the team gave up on him. I pulled for Bo Pelini until I came to the realization of the first two paragraghs of my post, and I am still pulling for Riley.

Bo Pelini can EAD as far as I am concerned he completely messed our program up, because he could not be a man and own up to the mistakes he made. I understand where he was coming from in that Texas A&M game, but in the end own up to the mistakes you made in it and move on.

34 Drew Brown PK 5-11 200 Sr. Southlake, Texas (Southlake Carroll) - Nebraska Kid
80 Brett Classen WR 6-2 200 Sr. Medina, Minn. (Winona State) (Wayzata) - Walk On does not play
48 Erik Evans DL 6-3 265 Sr. Waverly, Neb. (Waverly) - Walk On does not play
88 Tyler Hoppes TE 6-4 245 Sr. Lincoln, Neb. (Wayne State) (Southwest) - Former Walk On plays
8 Chris Jones DB 6-0 195 Sr. Jacksonville, Fla. (Sandalwood) - Out
38 Harrison Jordan FB 5-10 240 Sr. Omaha, Neb. (Westside) - Walk On does not play
11 Boaz Joseph DB 6-1 200 Sr. Weston, Fla. (Cypress Bay) - On Scholarship plays very little
46 Joshua Kalu DB 6-1 195 Sr. Houston, Texas (Alief Taylor) - Out
89 Connor Ketter TE 6-5 245 Sr. Norfolk, Neb. (Norfolk Catholic) - Former Walk On plays
77 David Knevel OL 6-9 315 Sr. Brantford, Ontario, Canada (Pauline Johnson Collegiate) - Out
58 Joel Lopez DL 6-2 280 Sr. Saint Charles, Ill. (Burlington Central) - Walk On does not play
41 Luke McNitt FB 6-2 250 Sr. Kearney, Neb. (Nebraska-Kearney) (Kearney) - Former Walk On plays only on special plays
45 A.J. Natter DL 6-5 260 Sr. Milton, Wis. (Milton) - On Scholarship plays very little
3 Marcus Newby LB 6-1 235 Sr. Gaithersburg, Md. (Quince Orchard) - Out
15 De'Mornay Pierson-El WR 5-9 190 Sr. Alexandria, Va. (West Potomac) - The lone scholarship player that is not a nebraska kid to start this game against Rutgers
81 Gabe Rahn WR 6-1 195 Sr. Le Mars, Iowa (Le Mars) - Walk On does not play
95 Kramer Rath PK 6-1 175 Sr. Lincoln, Neb. (Nebraska Wesleyan) (Lincoln Southwest) - Walk On does not play
28 Adam Taylor IB 6-2 210 Sr. Katy, Texas (Katy) - Scholarship Does not play
51 Matt Watts OL 6-4 285 Sr. Stockton, Calif. (Butte CC) (Saint Mary's) - Walk On does not play
49 Chris Weber LB 6-3 240 Sr. Omaha, Neb. (Elkhorn) - Former Walk On plays

Bo Pelini's stank is what he left us with ^^^ That's our Senior leadership

Last edited:
energy-vampires.gif

Bo Pelini in my opinion was a good coach, and I do believe he was headed in the right direction prior to the 2010 Texas A&M debacle where we lost 9-6. After that game there was a divide internally between the coaches and the administration.

I was at that game, and I can tell you first hand we were cheated in that game. I felt Bo had every right to be pissed off in that game, because I was there and I was just as angry. I can only imagine how he felt after Perlman publicly reprimanded him. After that day Bo Pelini no longer gave a rats @$$ about Nebraska, and did not put forth any effort in making it a good team.

I will never understand anyone that thinks Bo should not of been let go, because it was blatantly obvious that he did not care. That not caring is still affecting this team we see today. We have 5 Seniors playing in the game against Rutgers... FIVE, Weber(Former Walk On) Nebraska kid, Two former Walk on Nebraska TE's (Ketter and Hoppes), Our Nebraska PK Drew Brown and DPE who looks to be making more mistakes as a Senior than he did as a Freshman. Are those mistakes because he isn't coached well or are these mistakes because... I think you know where I'm going with this. Riley and Co. need to recognize that..

That being said Riley is the head man now and needs to make the changes needed to get us to where we need to be. At this point it sure doesn't look like he is going to get that chance. I find it extremely funny that our seniors are missing in action, and that seems to be just a coincidence.

Bo Pelini split our fan base up, because our previous administration threw him under the bus. Then the Us vs the World mentality started.

I don't like what I am seeing with this team this year, the play soft and seem to not have any want to. That is all on Riley, because he has not got this team mentally prepared, and I would go as far as saying that some of them are not mentally on his side. I will always pull for the guy in charge, because if he succeeds it is a win, win. I pulled for Solich until the day he was fired. I pulled for Callahan until the Oklahoma State game when the team gave up on him. I pulled for Bo Pelini until I came to the realization of the first two paragraghs of my post, and I am still pulling for Riley.

Bo Pelini can EAD as far as I am concerned he completely messed our program up, because he could not be a man and own up to the mistakes he made. I understand where he was coming from in that Texas A&M game, but in the end own up to the mistakes you made in it and move on.

34 Drew Brown PK 5-11 200 Sr. Southlake, Texas (Southlake Carroll) - Nebraska Kid
80 Brett Classen WR 6-2 200 Sr. Medina, Minn. (Winona State) (Wayzata) - Walk On does not play
88 Tyler Hoppes TE 6-4 245 Sr. Lincoln, Neb. (Wayne State) (Southwest) - Former Walk On plays
38 Harrison Jordan FB 5-10 240 Sr. Omaha, Neb. (Westside) - Walk On does not play
11 Boaz Joseph DB 6-1 200 Sr. Weston, Fla. (Cypress Bay) - On Scholarship plays very little
89 Connor Ketter TE 6-5 245 Sr. Norfolk, Neb. (Norfolk Catholic) - Former Walk On plays
77 David Knevel OL 6-9 315 Sr. Brantford, Ontario, Canada (Pauline Johnson Collegiate) - Out
58 Joel Lopez DL 6-2 280 Sr. Saint Charles, Ill. (Burlington Central) - Walk On does not play
41 Luke McNitt FB 6-2 250 Sr. Kearney, Neb. (Nebraska-Kearney) (Kearney) - Former Walk On plays only on special plays
45 A.J. Natter DL 6-5 260 Sr. Milton, Wis. (Milton) - On Scholarship plays very little
15 De'Mornay Pierson-El WR 5-9 190 Sr. Alexandria, Va. (West Potomac) - The lone scholarship player that is not a nebraska kid to start this game against Rutgers
95 Kramer Rath PK 6-1 175 Sr. Lincoln, Neb. (Nebraska Wesleyan) (Lincoln Southwest) - Walk On does not play
51 Matt Watts OL 6-4 285 Sr. Stockton, Calif. (Butte CC) (Saint Mary's) - Walk On does not play

I think 5 + 4 equals 9. Since the four guys who are out are some of our best players (Jones, Kalu, Newby, and Knevel), I'm not sure this argument holds a lot of water. (It doesn't make a lot of sense to say Bo only left us with five contributing seniors against Rutgers and not consider the injuries. Those aren't Bo's fault...at least I don't think so...although I'm sure someone will figure out a reason he is at fault.)

Plus, the recruiting class four years ago is on Eichorst. Everyone thought Bo was gone in his last recruiting class because of Eichorst's stupid statements. If Riley gets another year, when he brings in the 32nd ranked class people will be saying the same thing.

If Bo Pelini was such a good man, why haven't I seen a single person, player or otherwise, suggest he be brought back?

Oh yeah, because he was a megadouche who hated recruiting, embarrassed the program with his temper, and lost every big game he coached.
Everyone needs to forget Pelini. All he had to do is clean up his act that was going on before Eickhorst was on board. He has no one to blame but himself!! He was embarrassing period. He's still embarrassing.

I think 5 + 4 equals 9. Since the four guys who are out are some of our best players (Jones, Kalu, Newby, and Knevel), I'm not sure this argument holds a lot of water. (It doesn't make a lot of sense to say Bo only left us with five contributing seniors against Rutgers and not consider the injuries. Those aren't Bo's fault...at least I don't think so...although I'm sure someone will figure out a reason he is at fault.)

Plus, the recruiting class four years ago is on Eichorst. Everyone thought Bo was gone in his last recruiting class because of Eichorst's stupid statements. If Riley gets another year, when he brings in the 32nd ranked class people will be saying the same thing.
9 - 4 = 5 <<< The Amount of 4 year scholarship players worth a ****. We can go on all day if you want. Bo Pelini gave up on Nebraska on November 21st 2010 when Perlman threw him under the bus... That is all you need to know. As far as Eichorst goes he is just the scapegoat

9 - 4 = 5 <<< The Amount of 4 year scholarship players worth a ****. We can go on all day if you want. Bo Pelini gave up on Nebraska on November 21st 2010 when Perlman threw him under the bus... That is all you need to know. As far as Eichorst goes he is just the scapegoat
Eichorst deserves everything he is getting. He was in over his head. It was funny that on this board at the start of the season everyone said, "The days of 'But...But...But Bo' were over." I guess we were wrong. Thankfully, there are leaders who will man up, say the Eichorst experiment was a failure, and start moving on.

Really? No one said they aren't huskers forever, they are the ones who have chosen to separate themselves.
There are lots of Husker fans that have anger issues just like Bo. What do they do? Come on this board and express their anger while hiding behind a fictional name. I don't agree with airing dirty laundry on social media, but hey this is a different day and age than I grew up in.

How did the talent level he inherited compare to Nebraska's when MR. arrived?

Based upon the team they took over in their first full year you could maybe say the MR had better talent. MR had a return starting QB in TA along wth Westy and DPE at WR and Carter at TE on offense. Clemson did have CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford, but no proven QB but with a much more experience and better OL.

On defense MR had Collins and VV at DT and McMullen at DE along with some starting experience at LB with Bando and Santo and MRI in the secondary you had Gerry and Davie that returned. The Clemson did have DaQuan Bowers, Jarvis Jenkins and Ricky Sapp on DL those dudes were pretty good. Their LB's were just okay, but they had a couple of dudes in the secondary as well.

Remember with Dabo he was on staff at Clemson for 7 years with Tommy Bowden and keep pretty much the same offensive and defensive sets and knew the personnel on Clemson very well. Not really until Tajh Boyd took over at QB did his teams take off. He had some nice teams in 09 and 10, but it really took off for him on year 3 with Boyd at QB.

Reactions: CC_Lemming

You know what even if it is 9 that is still terrible. The fact that we only have six 4 year scholarship seniors that play doesn't ring a bell in your head?

Marcus Newby - Out
David Knevel - Out
Joshua Kalu - Out
Chris Jones - Out
Drew Brown - Kicker
DPE - Sole contributor for Rutgers

That is absolutely asinine, and I can almost guarantee there isn't another team close to the same amount of "1" Senior scholarship player.

Hoppes - Walkon
Ketter - Walkon
McNitt - Walkon
Weber - Walkon

It is unheard of to have such a lack of Senior leadership

Based upon the team they took over in their first full year you could maybe say the MR had better talent. MR had a return starting QB in TA along wth Westy and DPE at WR and Carter at TE on offense. Clemson did have CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford, but no proven QB but with a much more experience and better OL.

On defense MR had Collins and VV at DT and McMullen at DE along with some starting experience at LB with Bando and Santo and MRI in the secondary you had Gerry and Davie that returned. The Clemson did have DaQuan Bowers, Jarvis Jenkins and Ricky Sapp on DL those dudes were pretty good. Their LB's were just okay, but they had a couple of dudes in the secondary as well.

Remember with Dabo he was on staff at Clemson for 7 years with Tommy Bowden and keep pretty much the same offensive and defensive sets and knew the personnel on Clemson very well. Not really until Tajh Boyd took over at QB did his teams take off. He had some nice teams in 09 and 10, but it really took off for him on year 3 with Boyd at QB.
Good info!

Most college teams don't end up having a great backup anymore
Who said anything about a great backup QB? We didn't even have an average backup. Also, look at the o-line depth too last year. How was anyone supposed to make that work with a below average QB (Ryker)? You're right in that it was good that Tommy stayed because of Bo's terrible QB recruiting we had no legit backup.
Riley has no one to blame but himself for the qb situation. He has had time to figure it out.
How is 2 full recruiting classes enough time? POB (Riley's first full class) is now only a red-shirt freshman.
We heard the media types and fans make stupid assumptions on how great Tanner Lee would be because he tore up 7-7.
That's on the media and fans for talking out of their asses. If Riley and/or Langsdorf wouldn't have made the same stupid assumptions then you'd have a point. But they didn't.

Who said anything about a great backup QB? We didn't even have an average backup. Also, look at the o-line depth too last year. How was anyone supposed to make that work with a below average QB (Ryker)? You're right in that it was good that Tommy stayed because of Bo's terrible QB recruiting we had no legit backup.
How is 2 full recruiting classes enough time? POB (Riley's first full class) is now only a red-shirt freshman.
That's on the media and fans for talking out of their asses. If Riley and/or Langsdorf wouldn't have made the same stupid assumptions then you'd have a point. But they didn't.
It's called blowing smoke up your ______.

Reactions: HuskerO
Look at the record of the team, they took over. I know two of the three increased wins and were in bowls right away. Saban and Dantonio got to bowls their first year. Saban also had a good turn around at MSU. Without looking I think he increased the wins total at Toledo right off the bat. Dabo had a different situation than most where he was named interim head coach during the season. You can go down the list of good to great coaches. A very large portion of them increase wins right away. Riley took a 9 win team down to 5 wins. I should have clarified i meant increased win totals. I don't mean championships or anything like that.
We went to a bowl right away. But I agree that year 1 should have been better. It is too bad that Riley didn't have a RB like Abdulla to carry the team and get Riley out of many jams like he did for Bo.

Look at the records of Dantonio (MSU), Saban (MSU), Swinney (Clemson) and Riley (Nebraska) after 2 seasons. Then Dantonio starts off year 3 by going 1-3. If Dantonio were at Nebraska in year 3 with that record, we'd be calling for his head, which would be too bad considering what he's ended up accomplishing. I'm not saying Riley is at the same level as the 3 mentioned. Too early to tell either way, though I'm pretty confident that he's not nearly as good at Saban or Swinney, but can do as well as Dantonio if given the time.

QB recruiting is what it is a crap shoot. Supposedly we had a fairly good QB stable when Riley got here. With TA, Johnny Stanton, AJ Bush and Zak Darlington. All pretty highly recruited and rated QBs out of high school. Bush and Stanton xfered and Darlington moved positions.

OL issues I think go more on Cav for not finding a way to develop the guys in the system. You don't have to do wholesale substitutions, but getting a back up a series here or there early in games goes a long way in evaluation and gaining experience.

Most blatant display of crooked officiating I have ever seen!

QB recruiting is what it is a crap shoot. Supposedly we had a fairly good QB stable when Riley got here. With TA, Johnny Stanton, AJ Bush and Zak Darlington. All pretty highly recruited and rated QBs out of high school. Bush and Stanton xfered and Darlington moved positions.

OL issues I think go more on Cav for not finding a way to develop the guys in the system. You don't have to do wholesale substitutions, but getting a back up a series here or there early in games goes a long way in evaluation and gaining experience.
QB - Agree, highly ranked out of high school, but obviously not Power 5 above-average QBs. Nothing Riley could do with that. Shoot if Bo were still here AJ Bush may be our starting QB (I think).

OL - With all the injuries last year on the OL and with no depth, that's not entirely on Cav in my opinion. I agree that the OL this year and going forward is all on Cav. No excuse for this patty cake crap and lack of communication.

He didn't get fired for a
That's why a lot of coaches clean house when they get a job at a power five school. Riley tried to keep on all of the players and chose not to run off any of the lazies and malcontents. The brown stain that has been left behind by Bo's tenure just won't go away.

The lengths people will go to blame it all on Bo. If he was such a piece of crap.....how is it this great staff can't seem to get anywhere close to him and continue to regress......just like the did at Oregon State. I guess Rileys last few years at OSU was Bo's fault too.

The lengths people will go to blame it all on Bo. If he was such a piece of crap.....how is it this great staff can't seem to get anywhere close to him and continue to regress......just like the did at Oregon State. I guess Rileys last few years at OSU was Bo's fault too.

Easily countered with Gary Anderson. Why could he win at Wisconsin but gets blown out by Colorado St and cant even match the win totals Riley put up at Oregon St?

Easily countered with Gary Anderson. Why could he win at Wisconsin but gets blown out by Colorado St and cant even match the win totals Riley put up at Oregon St?
So Gary Anderson's minions at OSU can rightfully say his record is "all Riley's fault?" It's a great world in which to live when you always get to say things like, "But, but, but Bo.."

So Gary Anderson's minions at OSU can rightfully say his record is "all Riley's fault?" It's a great world in which to live when you always get to say things like, "But, but, but Bo.."

I don't know what Anderson's minions can do.

I just pointing out the BS narratives that get pushed. Yours and mine included.

When Riley left OSU they won 5 games, the won 5 the next two years combined. Who's fault is that? Can't be Riley's right? Those are Anderson's players when he took over. That's what Urban says. Can't be Anderson's fault, Riley left the cupboard bare.

I don't know what Anderson's minions can do.

I just pointing out the BS narratives that get pushed. Yours and mine included.

When Riley left OSU they won 5 games, the won 5 the next two years combined. Who's fault is that? Can't be Riley's right? Those are Anderson's players when he took over. That's what Urban says. Can't be Anderson's fault, Riley left the cupboard bare.
Riley went 2-13 in his last 15 conference games at OSU. Not hard to see he left a complete train wreck. He inherited a program that averaged more than nine wins over the previous seven years.

Apples and oranges aside from the fact that Mike Riley seems to leave a stink everywhere.

Bo's exit with the secret meeting and all of that was crap. Bush league stuff. You can be a Bo supporter and admit that much. The normal thing to do would be to support the players you leave behind by telling them not to worry about him and go out & play hard for the new staff coming in. Why plant a negative seed in the mind of those players.

Bo's exit with the secret meeting and all of that was crap. Bush league stuff. You can be a Bo supporter and admit that much. The normal thing to do would be to support the players you leave behind by telling them not to worry about him and go out & play hard for the new staff coming in. Why plant a negative seed in the mind of those players.
The negative stuff was there way before that. He let his paranoia become the thing him and his players focused on the most.
I feel sorry that his players wasted years focusing on that instead of getting better. It is sad. I don't blame his players, they just simply don't know any better.

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT