ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Contributors This Season As True Freshmen

itseasyas1-2-3

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 6, 2021
Among these 20 incoming freshmen, which 6 do you feel will make the biggest contribution to the team this year?
My top 6 are indicated with a number next to their name and how I rank them in terms of contribution, the remainder are listed in no particular order.
Pure speculation.

Alvano (1)
Princewill (2)
Lenhardt (3)
Maciejczak (4)
Fields (5)
Coleman (6)
Van Poppel
Bootle II
Syncere
Noonan
Gottula
Vincent-Jackson
Nation
Rogers
Sledge
Stewart
Turner
Van Poppel
Lloyd
Knutson
Bell

Last edited:
Among these 20 incoming freshmen, which 6 do you feel will make the biggest contribution to the team this year?
My top 6 are indicated with a number next to their name and how I rank them in terms of contribution.
Pure speculation.

Alvano (1)
Princewill (2)
Lenhardt (3)
Maciejczak (4)
Fields (5)
Coleman (6)
Van Poppel
Bootle II
Syncere
Noonan
Gottula
Vincent-Jackson
Nation
Rogers
Sledge
Stewart
Turner
Van Poppel
Lloyd
Knutson
Bell
What about Chief?

Other than Alvano I can't make up my mind. 🙃

I hope we get some quality minutes from many of them and I'm always heartened recalling what TO once said that by mid-season, "They're not freshmen anymore."

I edited my initial post to now indicate the others are in no particular order. I can see where it might have been confusing the way I had the rest listed. Thanks.
Ah, I see. I like most of the top 6. Maciejczak won’t do anything though, no true frosh DT ever does much. Obviously the kicker will be big, we can’t keep Bleekrode and waste a spot. Prince and Cam will have solid seasons. Bell and Coleman will be the top frosh WRs IMO.
Hopefully the LBs turn out to be good because we need a roster churn at LB.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
The reason I put Maciej on the list is because he is already big enough, strong enough, and explosive enough to at least have a chance to contribute.

As a 60'+ shot putter and 175' discus thrower, that shows a lot of explosiveness at 6'4" 320# in high school,
with excellent feet in a very confined space. It's debatable the quality of coaching he may have had.
I know shot putting. My son broke Scott Frost's Nebraska TAC record and the record still stands 28 years later.

He also seems to have that Raiola/Cognito/Christian Peter nastiness that isn't a bad thing, it beats the alternative.

Unlike the DLmen NU signed, this one doesn't have to beef up and add weight. Technique and good coaching is needed.

At the NFL Combine, the top bench press of 225#'s was 29 reps. Maciej did 27 reps which would have been good for 2nd
place among DLmen. He also squatted 545#. So, he's stronger than an ox.

Definitely a point I'm not gonna argue about because he does have his work cut out. No doubt a gigantic step up in class moving from small school to D-1 football. He was a dominant athlete in high school, Nash wasn't (other than wrestling).

I could be wrong, time will tell.

Last edited:
My top 6 are indicated with a number next to their name and how I rank them in terms of contribution, the remainder are listed in no particular order.
Pure speculation.
Princewell and Lenhardt will get the most games played. Gottula could be the backup left tackle depending on what happens with Corcoran and Prochazka. It's possible that Gottula doesn't redshirt and serves as a jumbo tight end as well. If I have to name six, I'll throw in Noonan, Coleman and Flores. I think Alvano will redshirt.

Pure speculation.

Alvano (1)
Princewill (2)
Lenhardt (3)
Maciejczak (4)
Fields (5)
Coleman (6)
Van Poppel
Bootle II
Syncere
Noonan
Gottula
Vincent-Jackson
Nation
Rogers
Sledge
Stewart
Turner
Van Poppel
Lloyd
Knutson
Bell
Alvano, Coleman, Princewill, Lenhardt. Maybe even Gottula since depth on the o-line could be a problem. I think we could maybe wait a year for Noonan since Wallin is there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT