ADVERTISEMENT

Big names for FNL 6-24...

I don't visit that board so I'll take your word for it. They are dumb for making fun of this. I don't see anyone here doing that. My point stems from the fact that if anyone ever criticizes rileys coaching at any point they are automatically dubbed haters or bo fans or its assumed they want Riley to fail or its assumed they want a new coach and hate everything Riley does. That's where archies "anyone who doesn't think so is a dumbass" came from in an attempt to make detractors look bad. His post didn't need that as no one is saying that here.
But it's fine. Great night and let's hope we get some commits from it...hard to imagine we didn't move up in kids minds.
His point stands. We have narrow-minded idiots in the fanbase making fun of this, not just the tools on hph. Tom Stevens complains and whines about the receiver offers every day on the radio. It is pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't visit that board so I'll take your word for it. They are dumb for making fun of this. I don't see anyone here doing that. My point stems from the fact that if anyone ever criticizes rileys coaching at any point they are automatically dubbed haters or bo fans or its assumed they want Riley to fail or its assumed they want a new coach and hate everything Riley does. That's where archies "anyone who doesn't think so is a dumbass" came from in an attempt to make detractors look bad. His post didn't need that as no one is saying that here.
But it's fine. Great night and let's hope we get some commits from it...hard to imagine we didn't move up in kids minds.
You seem to be defensive and need to shout the fact that it offends you. Wonder why that is....

Bo wasn't brought up until you brought you brought him up. Being a Riley hater wasn't brought up until you brought it up (nit saying you're a Riley hater).

I see what you're saying but I think you misinterpreted @Archie Graham meaning in his post. You thought he was calling out Bo lovers and Riley haters. I didn't read it that way.

Maybe I'm wrong but maybe @Archie Graham can clarify if he was calling people out or not

Some people just read what they want to read. At this time of the year I'm just going to ignore the haters and step back and enjoy this. How refreshing is it to actually enjoy recruiting. I'm really in awe of the machine that Riley has put in place.

Reactions: HuskerO
His point stands. We have narrow-minded idiots in the fanbase making fun of this, not just the tools on hph. Tom Stevens complains and whines about the receiver offers every day on the radio. It is pathetic.
Why even visit that board and listen to a bunch of tool bags who still wear their Bo knows tshirts and jerk it to their Kaz poster while rocking the wife beater T's. RollingLaugh

Trevor Trout DT from Missouri. Joesph Lewis, Tyjon Lindsay, Also saw a tweet that Key was coming back too. Add to this list if I forgot others.
Cl0ycUxWMAAjDzX.jpg
Cl03kkzUoAAreQU.jpg
Cl04_2gUkAA_MPV.jpg
Clwvi0IWYAE84vK.jpg

Why even visit that board and listen to a bunch of tool bags who still wear their Bo knows tshirts and jerk it to their Kaz poster while rocking the wife beater T's. RollingLaugh
Screen shots are fun.

Back to one of the questions. Anyone know who those other OL were? As well as D End with long blonde hair. One other interior DL stood out as well. Never got his number. Had dread lock hair kinda.

For those who don't know...in the second pick the guy on the left is Jaylen Kelly-Powell. He is a 4* on every site but rivals (highest ranking is the #134th overall on 247). He's out of Cass-Tech in Detroit which is the top talent producing program in Michigan...especially at DB (two of Michigan's starting DBs this past year and next season are Cass kids including All-American Lewis...tOSU will also have a Cass DB starting for them this year).

If the kid on the right looks small...well he is only a HS freshman...his name escapes me but I think this trip was for him...still a few years out but if he becomes a starter at Cass at DB he will be a D1 player and likely a highly regarded one...never a bad thing to get a kid like that on your campus early.

I'm not trying to pick a fight. But I'm not just talking about effort. Much, much more than that. Hard work, creativity, social networking, use of the fan base, etc. It's a total package. They are embracing and marketing the things that make Nebrasak unique relative to other places and it's working. Think about what happened last night. Loads of talent from all over the country came on their own dime see Nebraska. The top commit to Missouri showed up unannounced to check out Nebraska. 3K people showed up to watch a camp. This is incredible shit here. Incredible. I've never seen anything like it.
I agree they have made virtually all the right moves in recruiting. Riley is showing all the media pundits who said NU will not be able to attract top talent are wrong. Great job by the staff

Thanks for linking, I hadn't seen that, it's disappointing people think this wasn't a good thing just as is. I still believe it's a minority of fans.

I agree, it's a minority.

But if I've learned one thing about this place...or maybe it's actually a life lesson because it happens in the real world too...some people just aren't happy unless they can find an angle that gives them a nit to pick.

I firmly believe that if we signed every rivals 5-star, and they all fit a position of need, multiple posters would come on here upset that we're neglecting local kids and the 500-mile radius.

Anyone else think Radley-Hiles will be a 5* next year? Kid looks amazing! Can't believe he's that young. I think we're in a great position to land him.

Reactions: jeans15
For those who don't know...in the second pick the guy on the left is Jaylen Kelly-Powell. He is a 4* on every site but rivals (highest ranking is the #134th overall on 247). He's out of Cass-Tech in Detroit which is the top talent producing program in Michigan...especially at DB (two of Michigan's starting DBs this past year and next season are Cass kids including All-American Lewis...tOSU will also have a Cass DB starting for them this year).

If the kid on the right looks small...well he is only a HS freshman...his name escapes me but I think this trip was for him...still a few years out but if he becomes a starter at Cass at DB he will be a D1 player and likely a highly regarded one...never a bad thing to get a kid like that on your campus early.
-doSgl-i_bigger.jpg
Jaylen Kelly-Powell™@JKellypowell

The best camp I have ever been part of. Hands down. #GBR
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
https://twitter.com/huskerfbnation/status/746487259713536000 …

9:28 PM - 24 Jun 2016

“Yes, it was my second trip [to Nebraska] even though it didn't feel like it,” Radley-Hiles said. “I was so comfortable with the city, team, coaches, and great people of Lincoln. I enjoyed myself throughout the entire trip.

“The fans welcome me as if I am a local and that's such a great experience and I can't thank them enough, it's so humbling though to be honest. But altogether coach [Mike] Riley and I just click on a personal level, so with that we created a bond beyond football."

Reactions: HuskerO
“Yes, it was my second trip [to Nebraska] even though it didn't feel like it,” Radley-Hiles said. “I was so comfortable with the city, team, coaches, and great people of Lincoln. I enjoyed myself throughout the entire trip.

“The fans welcome me as if I am a local and that's such a great experience and I can't thank them enough, it's so humbling though to be honest. But altogether coach [Mike] Riley and I just click on a personal level, so with that we created a bond beyond football."

Good vibes everywhere
Yeah but wasn't this just a camp for elite players with offers to show off? No evaluating of players going on here?

Yeah, this is a problem, right yorocco?

Take a minute to appreciate that we have these videos of the camp and each kid's highlights being put right out there in the forefront. You think there's not effort going on there between the staff and the outlets available to them?

Reactions: GretnaShawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT